• All I can say on this subject is my Sling has been the most fun I've ever had...on wheels!! Got mine in Dec of 2014. Only had a base and an SL available. Paid sticker price for an SL cause there was no dickering - price was what it was. Got one of first ones sold outta Texas and got an SL cause I liked the "upgrades". Little did I know just a couple months later I would find the "upgrades" sucked and I started pouring money into mods by the bucket full. Now I am over 2 years in and still adding stuff and considering things to remod my mods. Had I known then what I know now I woulda bought a base or blank canvas so to speak and be a couple thousand ahead of what I am now. Don't get me wrong - thru the machine and the people I have gotten way more out than I ever put in. So buy you one as cheap as you can get it and start making it your own - unless you luv everything about the one you buy odds are you will need a bucket or two of money also :)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• All I can say on this subject is my Sling has been the most fun I've ever had...on wheels!! Got mine in Dec of 2014. Only had a base and an SL available. Paid sticker price for an SL cause there was no dickering - price was what it was. Got one of first ones sold outta Texas and got an SL cause I liked the "upgrades". Little did I know just a couple months later I would find the "upgrades" sucked and I started pouring money into mods by the bucket full. Now I am over 2 years in and still adding stuff and considering things to remod my mods. Had I known then what I know now I woulda bought a base or blank canvas so to speak and be a couple thousand ahead of what I am now. Don't get me wrong - thru the machine and the people I have gotten way more out than I ever put in. So buy you one as cheap as you can get it and start making it your own - unless you luv everything about the one you buy odds are you will need a bucket or two of money also :)

When we are in the process of buying a SS and we hear this statement we all think is BS or crazy talk but it is so true is not even funny.

I just got my SS on new year's eve and due to weather has been just sitting in the garage and i can tell you that i am almost 4k in the hole for basic must have(for me) mods, nothing extravagant like some people have so i can only imagine how much they have poured into it.

So if you are buying new buy the cheapest bike you can find and go from there.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• When we are in the process of buying a SS and we hear this statement we all think is BS or crazy talk but it is so true is not even funny.
    I just got my SS on new year's eve and due to weather has been just sitting in the garage and i can tell you that i am almost 4k in the hole for basic must have(for me) mods, nothing extravagant like some people have so i can only imagine how much they have poured into it.

So if you are buying new buy the cheapest bike you can find and go from there.

With only $4k in mods you obviously you don't have a turbo yet... :rolleyes: lol

Welcome to the group! Probably see you out and about this summer.

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Ain't it just amazing how fast it adds up for just buying sumthin here and there... pretty soon your bank account is a couple thousand light and you think....how the F did I spend that much $$$

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• With only $4k in mods you obviously you don't have a turbo yet... :rolleyes: lol
    Welcome to the group! Probably see you out and about this summer.

Thanks and you betcha since i have a party in Eau Claire in june already planning to stop by for sure.

Anyways with only 51 miles on her(Darn you Salt and Brine) i think 4k is more than enough...... I am just buying small cosmetic and audio(most spent on audio crap TBH) until i figure out what i actually don't like regarding how she rides.

A Turbo is NOT something i will ever do, IF i ever go boosted it would be a Super Charger since i am a 25-70(twisties) kind of driver so a turbo doesn't really do anything for me other than spin the tail when i don't want it to.

The biggest regret i have on my last purchase is going for the 1198 Corse Elite vs the 848 Evo, i was convinced by a friend that i needed the extra power and to be honest never used it, other than for cool and rare factor(i have yet to see another person with one like mine 5+ years later) .

• Bought my 16.5 new .. Broke it in with gentle care so i know it from head to tail got to admit the first 1500 miles i put on it it was the hardest thing ever to not really romp on it ... was worth the wait

• Bought my 16.5 new .. Broke it in with gentle care so i know it from head to tail got to admit the first 1500 miles i put on it it was the hardest thing ever to not really romp on it ... was worth the wait

I took it easy on mine as well. Picked it up new from the dealer on a Friday afternoon with 12 miles on it and drove it 135 miles to Hahn Racecraft to have the first turbocharged slingshot on the road. While doing the mock-ups, we put on the first 500 miles before we added boost to it. The only thing after that that was gentle was washing it with a soft cloth. If it's going to break, it usual does in the first few months of miles. Drive 'em like you stole 'em and if it lasts, it should last for a LONG time

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hi xd675x. I'm new to this forum. What changes are coming for the 2018 models? If anyone else have any info to share. I'll like to hear from you also.

Probably nothing to be revealed until the annual Polaris Dealer Show, typically in July...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I know right?

Who else thinks just 4" more would make all the difference, lol.

There @Tripod ... surely you can't resist that one, lol

But serious ... I'm 6'4" and the seat is all the way back. It's scuffing the storage up something fierce. Use that extra 4" and give us 3" of leg room and a full 1" away from that storage door.