Cams + Supercharger = Happiness

• With the power I have now, it is hard to see how 470 HP would be on the dragon.

My thoughts also. I'm not about top speed, and traction is the issue now at lower speeds as it is. I had an aggressive Italian chase me thru the Dragon on a Yamaha R1 over Labor Day weekend. His tires were without tread on the sides, in a "V" shape, but had plenty in the middle of the tire. When I was pushing it, he couldn't stay up with me. Up at the overlook, we both stopped and talked, he said he was on the wrong machine and needed one of the Slingshots....

That said, It was sunny and dry that day. I got into the anti-lock brakes 3 times, and the rear drifted even more. The way I drive this thing, 300 HP is likely more than I'd want on any twisty. (that is, until I have gotten used to it! :thumbsup: )

• 300 to 350hp is kinda the limit of having a fun to drive slingshot. Anything more and you start having to put thought into every turn and every take off.. You will actually worry about pulling out of a side street to cross a 4 lane highway. You will wonder if it will break loose and the car coming will hit you. You will worry if it will hit boost half way across and slide sideways in front of a semi truck...

I'm being serious. It does have its own set of additional challenges. I'm not saying it's all bad. It does give you the ability to do 70mph roll on burnouts . But it will get you in a jam sometimes.

• 300 to 350hp is kinda the limit of having a fun to drive slingshot. Anything more and you start having to put thought into every turn and every take off.. You will actually worry about pulling out of a side street to cross a 4 lane highway. You will wonder if it will break loose and the car coming will hit you. You will worry if it will hit boost half way across and slide sideways in front of a semi truck...

I'm being serious. It does have its own set of additional challenges. I'm not saying it's all bad. It does give you the ability to do 70mph roll on burnouts . But it will get you in a jam sometimes.

That is about only reason I choose the SC over TC, Easier to work with on twisty roads.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• My thoughts also. I'm not about top speed, and traction is the issue now at lower speeds as it is. I had an aggressive Italian chase me thru the Dragon on a Yamaha R1 over Labor Day weekend. His tires were without tread on the sides, in a "V" shape, but had plenty in the middle of the tire. When I was pushing it, he couldn't stay up with me. Up at the overlook, we both stopped and talked, he said he was on the wrong machine and needed one of the Slingshots....

That said, It was sunny and dry that day. I got into the anti-lock brakes 3 times, and the rear drifted even more. The way I drive this thing, 300 HP is likely more than I'd want on any twisty. (that is, until I have gotten used to it! :thumbsup: )

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have under the hood currently?

That's what I was thinking. I want to keep mine south of 400. 350 is a good number to shoot for. Just enough to edge out those around here with "stock" turbos.

I've already gotten myself into trouble a couple of times when I wasn't really paying attention. Getting into a 50mph full lock slide because I forgot to turn the TC back on was exciting. Thankfully, years of dirt track racing gave me the instincts to save it without having to think what to do. (yes I was going around a left hand curve.) I now know to watch out for cinders on the road in early spring up here in snow country.

Movie quote " You turn right to go left" Anyone?

• If you don't mind me asking, what do you have under the hood currently?

I'm still stock with a CAI is all. If you've never been on the Dragon, the curves are tight and usually you will find yourself in power in 2nd gear going around them. With the traction control off, pretty easy to drift in the corner.

Disclaimer: So I've heard.... ;)

• That's what I was thinking. I want to keep mine south of 400. 350 is a good number to shoot for. Just enough to edge out those around here with "stock" turbos.
    I've already gotten myself into trouble a couple of times when I wasn't really paying attention. Getting into a 50mph full lock slide because I forgot to turn the TC back on was exciting. Thankfully, years of dirt track racing gave me the instincts to save it without having to think what to do. (yes I was going around a left hand curve.) I now know to watch out for cinders on the road in early spring up here in snow country.

Movie quote " You turn right to go left" Anyone?

The movie is "Cars"...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Jeff@DDMWorks For those of us bought that purchased a supercharger from the “other guy” I was wondering how much HP these cams would give us?

I am honestly not sure. Im sure you would see a similar increase but the other supercharger kits are not as efficient as ours.
    Only one way to find out and that is testing.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• I am honestly not sure. Im sure you would see a similar increase but the other supercharger kits are not as efficient as ours.Only one way to find out and that is testing.

that's the good thing about DDMWORKS you guys are always looking to bring some innovation and nudge the envelope some. This is what many of us love ... and this Cam is proof.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Ohhhh darn. 2017 I will be in trouble...
    My fiancé will be taking these away!!! But I have time to get a few more goodies before the wedding in May. Shhhhhhh Dave and Jeff ... this stays between us. :00008172:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.