SSVWorks headrest speaker boxes

• Allot of great info above...it is very easy to wire in one of those amps, especially if you buy one with line level ins (no converter needed, advise this approach). Nearly nothing you can do wrong on speaker wiring, just keep positive to positive etc. If you have one speaker positive to pos, and the other pos to neg, nothing bad happens, but sound is degraded.

One big thing, wire the amp and the ground as close to directly to the battery is possible. If you do the ground elsewhere, MAKE sure it is a very good ground. An poor grounding, and you get a ground loop....a whine that varies with engine speed.

I'd never installed an AMP when I did my first one, only hard lesson I learned was the grounding issue....

• I have the same unit.

@Shatneyman, you can do it! @TheRock is the man!

No worries, I'm here if you need me!

I have this amp and the front and side seat SSV with kickers

the Clarion has speaker level inputs so he wouldn't need any line converters.

Allot of great info above...

Thank you everyone. I really love this place. I might have someone do it for me. I'm just not good with this stuff. I can plug wires in and hook up speakers. Getting power to the amp, no problem. It's just the wiring from the radio to the amp. Is this one from Slingshot Only easier, harder or the same?

• It's really pretty much the same, you just don't need the line level converter. It's really not too difficult, just a little time consuming. You are just cutting the connection going the speaker pod, extending that to the amp if you get the one pictured above, or the converter if you go that route. Then going through the amp and then back to the speaker. Essentially you are just placing the amp in line.

• So I have to ask...How is this Clarion Amp? I was told that Clarion is a dying company and fading out...Of course I learn this after my Clarion set up installed in SS? I was told there so far behind compared to competitors? So I was just curious seeing the discussion on amp...??

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• So I have to ask...How is this Clarion Amp? I was told that Clarion is a dying company and fading out...Of course I learn this after my Clarion set up installed in SS? I was told there so far behind compared to competitors? So I was just curious seeing the discussion on amp...??

Yea I'm with ya on this.. I too have the Clarion head unit..

To be honest i would not buy that amp for that price, earlier in this thread we posted two amps( JL and Alpine )that go for $150 and are great.

I use the JL MXH 280/4 amp which is going for 149.99 on amazon right now to drive 2 C2 6.5" and 2 C2 6 x 9" on my boat and have been very satisfied with the amount of abuse that they take.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Hi guys, it's me again, :D Will I need an amp with more then 4 channels? I have the front speakers that came with the sling and want to add 2 side SSV and the 2 new rear SSV. Do they make like mini sub 6.5" speakers I could put in the side instead of regular speakers?

the front actually have 3 speakers. Am I missing something? Does each speaker need a channel?

• No problem, I just copied it from one of @rabtech s old post on TDS. In case you haven't seen them and are wondering how cheap the factory jinese junk speakers are check this pic out...

but it says USA ?(:D ....OH MY BAD THE CHINESE USA Branch probably

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• We had a chance to see and listen to @rabtech s sound system up close and personal at SSITS '16. And after doing so I can understand why he swears that the Memphis speakers for the money are hard to beat. But speakers are an item that if you ask ten people you might get ten different opinions that's why I always like to listen to a system in person before my purchase.

• I agree with @Slunglow on replacing the factory PODs. Even though I bought shallow mount (Massive brand) speakers I still had to make significant modifications to the pods on the inside. If they had not been painted and dipped by the famous @Painter I would have replaced them

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @Shatneyman, the smallest subs I've found that could work are the ones I posted in this thread or another... But search Amazon and 6.5 woofer (or sws)... They gave a pair of shallow woofers that I wanted to try, just don't have the funds yet... They've got good reviews. Not marine grade though, but honestly, I don't think that matters.

And yes, replace those factory speakers... Memphis is good! @DKF Texas had those in the pods I got from her and they're great!

• Like I posted earlier, I have the Clarion XC 2410 amp. Amazon has it for just over $90 or so with Prime shipping. Since it has both RCA and speaker level inputs the speaker outputs from the factory unit can be connected directly to the amp with new wiring running from the amp to the speakers.
    6.5" subwoofers are available and should fit in the side speaker pods as long as the pods are designed to hold 6.5" speakers. The only problem is by going to 6 speakers, you will probably need a second amp for the subwoofers.
    The Clarion XC 2410 amp is supposed to be able to handle either 2 channels, 2 channels + a subwoofer, or 4 channels (2 front and 2 rear speakers). I have a set of modified factory pods that I may just sell and install these pods with a subwoofer. I plan on installing my turbo once I get my swing-arm replaced and will then probably finally get around to installing lots of other stuff I've been accumulating over the past year as well.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• if you want a good 6.5 Woofer(sub?) Beyma makes one, the issue with them is that they are NOT water friendly since they have a paper cone.

they are one of the best small woofers i have heard, they will need an amplifier that has taken its vitamins so be advised.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.