LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• I'm also going to place a note on the dash that I will charge them $200.00 if they reflash my ECM! Fingers crossed, they said it would be ready Saturday morning.

The cost is well advertised at $500. I would change that note to that. If you can do it for less, so be it, save the other 300 for another Mod, lol.

• Dealership calls me and says it is going to cast me $85 for the additional labor they have to expend on moving my "aftermarket" gear out of the way, so they can do the recall. They said they spoke with Polaris, and was told that the folks at Polaris would not cover that expense.

Yo, sorry you got frustrated today. I wish you called me, I would have sent @sideseatdriver over to pick it up and you wouldn't have had to pay that $85 reinstall fee. Here for you, brother.

• Been waiting for 2 months for Polaris to get the swing arm in stock. My dealer wont order any parts until Polaris can send it all at once.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Got mine back! That new swingarm is clean... Also the brakes... Wow! Night and day!

They got me on the 5K service though... $375 ;(

Needless to say the wife let me have it... And not in a good way.

Did you pay the recall labor? That is a crazy price for service. Time for you to find another dealer for service or do it yourself. That is a RIPOFF price. Let us see what you got for that price.

• Geez @FunCycle and @KayTwo... I thought the same, but also remembered seeing $500 bills for service from other dealers on TDS in one of the threads...

I'll definitely post the service sheet and receipts...

But yes, I'm going to figure out service on my own, because every 5k miles and the wife will kill me... Especially because I still want mods!

• Geez @FunCycle and @KayTwo... I thought the same, but also remembered seeing $500 bills for service from other dealers on TDS in one of the threads...

But yes, I'm going to figure out service on my own, because every 5k miles and the wife will kill me... Especially because I still want mods!

Plus you know it will be done right. Take part of the money you'll be saving and invest it in a shop manual and any tools you might not have. You'll be way ahead of the game.

Do not quote me on this - Mobile 1- 5 qts. around $26 --- K & N oil filter about $8 --- buy yourself a small grease gun with grease and small needle tip around $24 to grease the universal joint. So the rest would be labor? Anyone did I miss something? OH, and you need to add the Dot 4 Brake fluid just in case you have to top off the master cylinder on the brakes or the clutch.

• Do not quote me on this - Mobile 1- 5 qts. around $26 --- K & N oil filter about $8 --- buy yourself a small grease gun with grease and small needle tip around $24 to grease the universal joint. So the rest would be labor? Anyone did I miss something? OH, and you need to add the Dot 4 Brake fluid just in case you have to top off the master cylinder on the brakes or the clutch.

Check the wear and tension on the belt...

So our dealer here provides oil changes for free for life, and the standard 5K maintenance package is $145. For that, they are supposed to do the full vehicle inspection, check all the fluids, etc. And the 2016.5 and on don't require the universal grease, so that's out. If you can find a dealer who provides something similar, and would take you under their wing although you didn't buy from them, that would (to me) be worth the money to save you some time, which you then get to spend with your kids. You gotta figure out what your time is worth and where you prefer to spend money over time.

• Okay guys... Here it is!

Damn-it MiM, your wife ought to kick your butt! If an old lady like me- with NO jack stands, fancy power tools, or any other mechanic-type goodies can do her own service- you can to! An oil change takes about 15-20 minutes actual labor- the rest of the time, you are watching oil drain........ I don't even have an oil pan- I use a 99 cent disposable turkey roaster from Wally-World. After I am done- the used oil goes back in the jug for proper disposal, and the roaster gets gift wrapped and put in the trash. (Luv ya, my friend, but don't do that again!!!)

• I used to change the oil in my cars before children... Now we take them in... But this here Sling? She's going to be treated special...

One of the main reasons I change the oil on the sling- I knew how freakin' much they would charge, and I'm too darn cheap....... I wouldn't change the oil on my truck for love or money--- just find me a coupon or groupon! :D