Recalls/Service Bulletins

• Interesting to eventually find out what the changes really are? Is it a thicker arm, heavier, different materiel and how would you really know if you're actually getting an improved swing arm.......I guess we will know before the dealers.....Lol

• Not too fast there ConnMan. I do remember someone over driving a sharp corner and soiling his shorts. I think he's married to a girl named TERRY!!!

Ya, well that was a sad day in the history of ConnMan for sure!! Had a couple buddies swing over to the infamous "ConnMan's Corner" to look for my nuts!! Still missing! However, they said it still stinks there, from the soiled shorts of course, and they might have to call a Hazmat team to fix it!!! :00008359:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• This customization stuff involving the rear swing arm is a place we should not be going right now. Gonna be a peasant revolt if the rear swing arm is replaced with a tubular version... :cursing:

The swingarm in the picture on the recall appears to be similar to the stock one as far as design and looks. :|

@xd675x or @Slingsue can one of you provide amplifying/clarifying information on what exactly the swingarm recall is all about. Is it a replacement or an inspection?

It will be a replacement. Complete with new bearings! :)

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• The swingarm in the picture on the recall appears to be similar to the stock one as far as design and looks. :|

It will be a replacement. Complete with new bearings! :)

I was wondering how I was going to get my bearings replaced before it was out of warranty. This is certainly one way.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• ...did they clarify "new bearings" of the same as before..... or "new" spec/design......

No real specs on any new design on swingarm or bearings. It'll take a visual inspection or a technical briefing by Polaris to let us know exactly what they have changed/fixed.

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• My dealer knows about all the recalls but was unsure about the swing arm. He assumes that they will be replaced as he could not see how a visual inspection could adequately determine a casting problem.

He also said he was tired of replacing bearings!!!

• looking at who gets a new swing arm this is going to be a long replacement. Looks like it covers even the early ones though mine (2016 May build bate).
    Well still gonna ride. New one only has 3600 miles.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• looking at who gets a new swing arm this is going to be a long replacement. Looks like it covers even the early ones though mine (2016 May build bate).
    Well still gonna ride. New one only has 3600 miles.

I was under the impression that all are getting a swingarm. That's why they issued the
    "stop sale" order? Who out there ran there VIN number in the portal, and had no recall orders?
    Are the 17's on the list? Just curious.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• late to the party but reading other threads it does appear to include 2017's but would need an owner to confirm. My late May 2016 is on the list.
    I do wonder if this is a axle bearing thing or the swing arm design (strength or casting flaws) thing?

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I was under the impression that all are getting a swingarm. That's why they issued the"stop sale" order? Who out there ran there VIN number in the portal, and had no recall orders?
    Are the 17's on the list? Just curious.

Yes, there are 2017s on the list. @av8ingtom is one.

late to the party but reading other threads it does appear to include 2017's but would need an owner to confirm. My late May 2016 is on the list.
    I do wonder if this is a axle bearing thing or the swing arm design (strength or casting flaws) thing?

From the discussion on several threads, it appears to be a strength/casting issue.

• I've got over 35,000 miles on mine and just had he bearings replaced two weeks ago. I'll continue to ride mine until it falls apart. I did talk to my dealer yesterday and they told me there is not anything from Polaris saying to stop riding it.

• I do wonder if this is a axle bearing thing or the swing arm design (strength or casting flaws) thing?

Will be interesting to see .... however I can tell you if they are going to the trouble of replacing the swing-arms on all sold units and have not used this as an opportunity to redesign the sprocket side bearing assembly I am pretty confident someone will be getting a killer deal on a low mile tastefully upgraded '15 SL .... doubtful-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Will be interesting to see .... however I can tell you if they are going to the trouble of replacing the swing-arms on all sold units and have not used this as an opportunity to redesign the sprocket side bearing assembly I am pretty confident someone will be getting a killer deal on a low mile tastefully upgraded '15 SL .... doubtful-squa

i would think they would take the opertunity.... but then again it's a $$$$ numbers game.

(Slingshot Owners Group)