Maggie Valley 2017

• That would be awesome @Bill Martin but just remember the ground thaws out slower the farther North you go. X/ The earliest in spring we could go anywhere would be May possibly late April. We currently have had snow on the ground for over 2 weeks. Just getting a slow melt now with slightly above freezing temps. But would love to tee up with you guys and @Tripod along with @Stairgod for a ride.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• @KayTwo, @sideseatdriver@adventure4me, we are at the Microtel as well. We might be there a little early, if all goes as planned. Can't wait to get back together!!!! :thumbsup:

We are there also, looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones....

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• @Bubblehead

"@Tripod & @DocG hope you both can make it to Maggie Valley, would love to meet you both and hang with fellow Bubbleheads.... (We are the best after all )"

Pretty much not in my plans, but I'm sure we'll meet at some point! Would love to meet you both and swap some tales, even if you were boomers. lol

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• Registered for SSITS and at Microtel! I'll be coming from Kansas so only about 1100 miles one way this time. :D

For those who have booked the Microtel and intend booking that hotel the hotel is getting a complete makeover starting in Nov and end being completed by April so the rooms should be very nice.

• For those who have booked the Microtel and intend booking that hotel the hotel is getting a complete makeover starting in Nov and end being completed by April so the rooms should be very nice.

I'm not trying to be funny...but I was just in Charlotte, NC in a Hotel that was undergoing a complete reno. When I say a total disruption of service, I mean a total disruption!!!!! Fortunately, it was a business trip, so I didn't have my better half with me. Keeping my eye on this one, just to make sure there will be no surprises.

• The event the following week is not a Slingshot Rally although the promoter likes to make it look that way as he has conveniently setup right after SSITS.It is a motorcycle show of Indian Victory&Slingshot.All Polaris brand.It is not an owners event such as Slingshots in the Smokies but for the Public.He has Vendors etc e.g. Who sell different things but not the main Slingshot Vendors we have.There is an attendance fee for anyone at the gate.
    Unfortunately some Slingshot owners who are not on Forums or Facebook Forums see the publicity go there expecting Alpha,Cycle Springs etc and are disappointed.
    Polaris attend SSITS not that rally.The local Slingshot dealer is a vendor at our event not that.
    It is unfortunate that people try to ride on the backs of things.Unfortunately it's the owners who miss out.The local dealer Smoky Mountain Steel Horses gets lots of calls about it and advises them of the difference.

• @Bubblehead

"@Tripod & @DocG hope you both can make it to Maggie Valley, would love to meet you both and hang with fellow Bubbleheads.... (We are the best after all )"

Pretty much not in my plans, but I'm sure we'll meet at some point! Would love to meet you both and swap some tales, even if you were boomers. lol

Yep, not in the cards for me either. Have another refueling outage in the spring. Start pre-outage prep work early March & outage ends about 3rd week of May - heading straight home as I have other plans afterwards.

Fast attack sub for me: SSN-681, USS Batfish; 637 class (Sturgeon class) long hull with the special, quiet, anechoic tiles; DSRV & seal team compatible; had a lot of cool missions; she's razor blades now... :(

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I'm not trying to be funny...but I was just in Charlotte, NC in a Hotel that was undergoing a complete reno. When I say a total disruption of service, I mean a total disruption!!!!! Fortunately, it was a business trip, so I didn't have my better half with me. Keeping my eye on this one, just to make sure there will be no surprises.

We only contract the hotel.The owner is also The Owner of the Comfort Inn which is now full.He did the same thing same time frame two years ago to the Comfort Inn.It all worked out very well then as everything was excellent when SSITS took place.Hopefully the same will apply.

• We only contract the hotel.The owner is also The Owner of the Comfort Inn which is now full.He did the same thing same time frame two years ago to the Comfort Inn.It all worked out very well then as everything was excellent when SSITS took place.Hopefully the same will apply.

Hoping for the best!!!! :thumbsup::thumbup:

• Man.. Y'all really making me want to book... Talked to the wife and she said she'd be down, but get this, I drive, she take a flight... ;( .

Well, as long as we're there huh...?

I'm at SSITTHC in April though... Decisions! :cursing:

• Man.. Y'all really making me want to book... Talked to the wife and she said she'd be down, but get this, I drive, she take a flight... ;( .

Well, as long as we're there huh...?

I'm at SSITTHC in April though... Decisions! :cursing:

Just go!!!! She can fly and I'll pick her up at the airport and see you the last day of the rally!!! :)