SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • INFORMATION SSITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As the event is in 2 weeks and is substantially larger than last year I will be posting lots of info concerning SSITS.Starting next week all info will be permanently posted on our App and website.
    PARKING OF TRAILERS.
    We have secured 2 really good parking spots where you may leave your trailers & tow vehicles free of charge.
    First Baptist Church,3634 Soco Rd,Maggie Valley.
    Great parking in the Church parking lot.You have to leave by 9am Sunday 5 June.The church is just 0.4 miles 7 mins walk from the Comfort Inn.For those booked at the host hotel only Slingshot Parking allowed this is a great location for you.
    If staying at host hotel Comfort Inn.When arriving go straight to Church Parking.Park,unload your Slingshot then drive this to hotel to checkin.DO NOT COME WITH YOUR FULL RIG.
    2nd location Ghost Town Village.
    16 Fie Top Rd.Maggie ValleyThis is the corner of Soco Rd heading toward Cherokee.1.5 miles from Comfort Inn host hotel.Turn in and use LEFT HAND PARKING LOT.DO NOT use RT hand parking lot.
    When entering left hand parking lot park in TOP LEFT hand corner.Parking free.
    Please make sure you do park in left corner of lot as we are using this lot to get our group rides out each day as well as The Poker Run and parade.
    THERE WILL BE APPROX 150-200 Slingshots in the lot when getting the rides & parade going.
    When doing your event checkin please advise us of where you parked your trailer and contact info.
    Apart from the host hotel Comfort Inn which will be Slingshot Only parking for guests you should also be able to park your trailers at your hotel or establishment where you are staying.
    I would suggest for those who have IPhones and Android phones download Slingshotroadsters App.Its free.Staring next week will be posting every bit of info on the App so if you have it all you have to do is tap it and get parking,ride Ido and all other event info.

• SLINGSHOT PARKING AT SSITS.
    The parking lot at the Comfort Inn host hotel will be for Slingshots Only residents of the hotel.
    A special decal will be issued to you at check in to put on drivers side so gate guard can see and let you through.
    Arrangements have been made for registered visiting Slingshots to the host hotel.Registered participants will be issued decals in their goody bags at checkin.
    There are 2 parking places. The first is diagonally across the road from the vendor area on the left going toward Cherokee.It will be signed.
    The 2nd area is behind The Travelowe Motel.On the same side as Comfort Inn direction Waynesville 100 yards from Comfort Inn pass motel turn left in large parking lot then left behind motel on large grassy parking lot.Again signed.
    The entrance to the vendor area will also be manned.The only Slingshots which will be admitted are those coming in for installs..Cards to enter will be given to you by the vendor if you have installs to be done.The reason for this is the vendor area is extremely tight.
    Please comply by parking in the areas designated.
    There are many Slingshots coming in for SSITS and Hopefull everything runs smoothly.
    Whoop Hooooo.See everyone in Maggie Valley

• Arrangements have been made for registered visiting Slingshots to the host hotel.Registered participants will be issued decals in their goody bags at checkin.

I think this is for you @Frank the Tank! :thumbsup: And others not staying at host hotel wanting to visit vendors.....

Would also suggset to you Slingshoters..
    Its probably a good idea to double check your reseverations at the hotel you have secured... Id hate to show up and "oh, sorry maim, theres been a mistake and your room is unavailable.." thats the kind of luck we have ||

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• How are the vendors to get the install cards to us in order to enter the area?

The 2 parking areas described have been setup for everyone not staying at the host hotel.One is just across the road from the vendors the other 2 mins walk.Presumably you will park and visit the vendor area.If you purchase something and need an install then the vendor will set up a time give you a card to show the person on duty to let you bring your Slingshot to the vendor area.If your appointment is already made park pick up the card and then enter the vendor area going directly to the vendor 5 vendors are doing installs.
    The vendor area is so tight this is the only way
    It can be controlled.The alternative would be chaos.

• Thank you @ivor, we were concerned about parking availability for host hotel guests and considered changing hotels a month or so ago... but Im so glad we didnt, and will have a front row seat to all the play-purdies! :D

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)