SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • @Joker256
    I have not seen one of those yet... There may be one out there, will take a pic if I get to see one.

The one I posted the picture of is the first one.

That looks good but would look a lot better without the massive advertising logo. ?(

It's the 1st one. He had the logo put on just for advertising purposes. Personally, I'm not a fan of that color combo that they did.
    here is an example of another one they did on a Jeep.

probably comes in black or red... That may be why I have missed seeing one. I may have mistaken it for the original twist top. My question would be... Where and how does it mount, (the original totally voids out any possibility of hooking any type of luggage or bags to the roll bars) and can you take the mesh cover off?

I wouldn't mind having an original canvas top, not mesh, cause it does help with riding in wet weather, that attached and detached using this type of design. It would be easier to fold up and store away behind seat.

It bungees to the tubes. could come off in a minute or two. Super easy.

@Joker256

I bet you there is a mesh top here.... This pic was in @slolanes photo bucket and it appears to have the multi attached bungees(?)

The company that makes the mesh tops mostly does them for Jeeps. They have a multitude of colors the can do. even custom images. (as you can see)
    these are the colors they make them in. However, I don't know what colors Twist Tops will have them make them in for their top.
    I know that Twist had a second one made with the velcro attachment, instead of the bungees. Personally, I don't trust velcro at highway speeds.

This is what the shade looks like on Jeep. So you can see that you can see through it. and how much shade it provides.

It's held on by these cool little bungees through grommet and just wraps around the tubes and back to the ball.

IMG_3422-270x153.jpeg

This material is a unique woven mesh that blocks about 90% of the sun’s UV rays, but retains good airflow. It Kept my jeep much cooler feeling inside.
    As far as rain, I noticed that it is such a tight weave, that rain didn't come through. it just rolled off the back. (When moving)
    Plus, it folds up into a small little package. Could easily fit in the glovebox.

Personally, I would like both. A sunshade for most days to keep that open air feel and a canvas top for those times I would want to be totally covered.

BTW, I have NOTHING to do with Twist Top. I know the owner of the sun shade company. I just asked my buddy about making one for me and mentioned my idea to Wayne. I put the two of them in contact, and Wayne had one made to try out and gauge interest. I'm not trying to sell them for him, Just saying that you might want to check it out in person while it's there. I think in the right color combos, it would be awesome.
    From using this product for years on Jeeps, I swear by them. I thought it might be something some of you would like on a Sling.

• will have to agree. Several ways to do the mesh. Velcro only works if done correctly. Using Velcro directly to the tube will have issues later down the road. It must be applied correctly and with a promoter. A good canvas company could make a better canvas top using Velcro that didn't require Velcro being used on the bars. My personal top uses only velcro to secure it around the frame and can remove quickly to swap out for a mesh version... the mesh is great for keeping a good bit of the heat out but keeping the open air feeling.
    @Joker256 is your guy named Chris on the Jeep side of things?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• That's almost it!! I do like it tho!!!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• will have to agree. Several ways to do the mesh. Velcro only works if done correctly. Using Velcro directly to the tube will have issues later down the road. It must be applied correctly and with a promoter. A good canvas company could make a better canvas top using Velcro that didn't require Velcro being used on the bars. My personal top uses only velcro to secure it around the frame and can remove quickly to swap out for a mesh version... the mesh is great for keeping a good bit of the heat out but keeping the open air feeling.@Joker256 is your guy named Chris on the Jeep side of things?

Yup! I've been dealing with Chris and Harvey since right after they started the business.
    I'm guessing that you can vouch for the quality of their sunshades as well?

• nice seeingeveryone. Nice to no everyone is still around and on a different forum. Glad to be back around. Thanks for waiting today. Should have told you we decided not to go. Sorry guy's.

about time you got over here

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I want to say how much I enjoyed putting faces with names!!
    @Cameron Roberts please share this pic with the other guys. I truly feel blessed to be a part of the group. Many, Many thanks for letting me ride with you all.

@Painter I know I left early, but I got to take all of my grandsons for a ride in the sling. And I got the you are the coolest papaw from all of them!!

I miss you all already. Please stay safe.

Jim

• I'm still alive.

Ya had us all worried for a minute.... thank Goodness for @pigmanfus mouth to mouth Cpr courses, huh? What a life saver!

(Im still recovering from a horrible hangover off 4 beers and two mixed drinks.... what a pansy I am... Im done with alcohol. I remembered the reason why I dont drink this morning... why does anybody drink? ? )

@airoutlaw is under the alpha tent having a uptone trio swapped out and a variable exhaust installed... while recooperating with sunshine therapy, @Ruptured Duck came and gave me his prize of instrument bezels. 8o (I wanted to order these, and I just hadn't yet) Thanks RD!

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• seen this at the Rendezvous Restaurant last night..
    Nice outdoor bar area where Angel found her Long Island Iced Tea... Think she's giving the cleaning ladies the left over alcohol...

Sure did enjoy the company we have kept for this week..

We have met a lot of good people this week, had a lot of fun rides, good food, and yes, some rain. I have to admit, one of my biggest smiles was the watching Henry install a new exhaust. :D:saint: Angel is happy with it too.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• having lunch with my son..... perfect SS day for a cold Beer... no worries driving for me today.. keeping positive before I try and find a Polaris rep... laugh-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: