Need a little help can't decide

• Great Looking wheels, now not to derail the thread but did i hear rabtech right in that if you buy larger wheels that originally in the vehicle your dash board will turn into a christmas tree....

One of the thing i have been thinking to avoid the onslaught of issues that some people have had is to buy a base model SS and just upgrade the wheels and install my own stereo/camera to turn it into a "SL" but with things that actually work.

According to this thread if i do that i will have ABS lights/ incorrect Tach etc..... is there a way to easily fix this?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Great Looking wheels, now not to derail the thread but did i hear rabtech right in that if you buy larger wheels that originally in the vehicle your dash board will turn into a christmas tree....

One of the thing i have been thinking to avoid the onslaught of issues that some people have had is to buy a base model SS and just upgrade the wheels and install my own stereo/camera to turn it into a "SL" but with things that actually work.

According to this thread if i do that i will have ABS lights/ incorrect Tach etc..... is there a way to easily fix this?

If you just pay attention to the outer diameter of the tire you can do a lot of upgrades without messing up your computer.
    I have changed everything but the paint on my SS - but I am still running stock wheels - I feel they offer the best performance with the most sidewall. Just bought another set of stock wheels to have powder coated. Upgraded my tires to BFG Comp 2

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• i tried to avoid all those lights as well so i stayed on the same wheel size as the sL which was a 20 just went wider by 2 inches @MACAWS the shattered wheels havent scared you? i think I've seen a few guys on here with scary pictures i liked my stocks but loved the idea of making something of my own even though i didn't create the spoke pattern but did get to add that tough of carbon fiber to keep it flowing with the rest of my carbon

• the thing is base unit comes with 17 F 18R and i wanted to go to 18F and 20R like the SL my train of thought was that since the dealer i am working has a super discounted base unit, i could buy that instead of the SL and just "convert" it into a SL myself with better parts than the stock SL for less money and it would be the way i want it from the start.

This way i would save myself from radio/camera issues as well as crappy stock tires as well as having new custom rims to separate the SS from the pack.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• i tried to avoid all those lights as well so i stayed on the same wheel size as the sL which was a 20 just went wider by 2 inches @MACAWS the shattered wheels havent scared you? i think I've seen a few guys on here with scary pictures i liked my stocks but loved the idea of making something of my own even though i didn't create the spoke pattern but did get to add that tough of carbon fiber to keep it flowing with the rest of my carbon

The only shattered wheels you see are SL - the original base wheels are pretty tuff.
    I just have not found an after market wheel in a 17" and 18" that I like or that has the correct offset.

Please don't misunderstand my comment. You have a beautiful set up. I just like the smaller size wheels, completely personal choice.
    Your machine is Outstanding!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• the thing is base unit comes with 17 F 18R and i wanted to go to 18F and 20R like the SL my train of thought was that since the dealer i am working has a super discounted base unit, i could buy that instead of the SL and just "convert" it into a SL myself with better parts than the stock SL for less money and it would be the way i want it from the start.

This way i would save myself from radio/camera issues as well as crappy stock tires as well as having new custom rims to separate the SS from the pack.

I agree the base and build it yourself is the best way to go.
    Remember the best part of owning an SS is you can have it your way. There is plenty of talent here to help you avoid costly mistakes.
    Go for the base and Build it your way!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Those wheels look really good! I've not changed mine, thought about it, but that's all. Would love to get wider on the back for sure, and likely a tad taller. Speedo is off about 5-6MPH at road speed (Shows 67 for 62 actual), and that is since I put on the new tire. It was worse before with the stock Kendas.

• @MACAWS o i didn't take any thing in the wrong matter. and now that you brought up the offset these wheels are suppose to be direct replacement which they are i just feel like my wheel is just the slightest bit off center but it could just be me i don't know if theres a way anyone uses to measure that

• Those wheels look really good! I've not changed mine, thought about it, but that's all. Would love to get wider on the back for sure, and likely a tad taller. Speedo is off about 5-6MPH at road speed (Shows 67 for 62 actual), and that is since I put on the new tire. It was worse before with the stock Kendas.

This might be good for your planning.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit