Need a little help can't decide

• Just ordered wheels won't have them till Christmas sometime but will be a pretty sweet gift especially when I know that I'm gonna forget I ordered them. But anyway need help deciding on hardware color I like the raw metal look but think black might be nice as well what do you think forgot to add the word help sorry for typo

Powered by ALPHA :WHITESS::TURBOSS:

Edited once, last by jluna317 ().

• can someone also let me know if i will run into a issue rubbing the shock not sure what tire I'm going with yet but ordered wheel 11.5 inch wide

You can fit a 12" wide wheel. But, that's if the offset is correct. What did you order?

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• wheel is 3 piece forged from COR wheels. i asked if the rear wheel was going to be centered and he said absolutely wheels will be exact stock replacement just wider in rear i kept stock height for sl which was 18 front and 20 rear. actually while on this subject i have the sl le posted above i measured width of stock front wheel and is 8.5 inches but online says 7.5 well thats on the 17. is this right I'm pretty sure it wasn't measured wrong was done at wheel shop.so went 18x8.5 in front and 20 x11.5 in rear not sure what tires I'm gonna run the manufacture told me the their wheel designer would suggest which tire to run. so will sizes be any issue with rubbing shock? seen some goes pretty close to rubbing . i am running alphas single way adjustable so i believe a little wider than stock shock.

• Need the offset of the wheels to help ya. They need to be 42mm in front and 45mm in the rear. And the lug is a Ford Mustang pattern.

Don't go wider than 8.5" in the front. It will feel like you killed your power steering.. I tried it and it sucked.

I have a 11.5" rear wheel and it had a 45mm offset and I can run a 295 30 20 and I can run a much cheaper 285 30 20.

• @rabtech not sure about the off set he told me they will be exact stock wheel replacement . and the rear wheel would be center.maybe you could answer my question did my guy at the shop measure my wheel wrong or did the sl le come with 8.5 inch in the front i don't wanna change my handling in the front i mean unless its gonna better the drive.

Powered by ALPHA :WHITESS::TURBOSS:

Edited 2 times, last by jluna317 ().

• No. If I remember correctly the SL had wider rims up front. I know the base had a wider rims in back.

Just look at the first number of the tire size. That is how wide the tire is in millimeters.. the second number is percentage of that width in sidewall height. And the last is rim height in inches.

Just make sure you don't change the back and front to a different rolling distance than they are. You will have the abs light on. And that can't be changed. Basically you have to use a tire size calculator and make sure that the new tires on the front and back roll at the same rate as the old tires.

• @rabtech by rolling distance you mean don't increase the height of wheel basically which I don't want to do I'm just looking for wider, I'm just assuming same height tire would have the same rolling distance. I'm running toyo proxees now and they have my same tire in 11.5 inch just not sure what the wheel manufacturer is gonna recommend he told me the toyo would good and would get back to ASAP on what hey are goin to recommend

• I hate my Toyo proxy plus tires. They are hard as a rock.

Yes. That is what I mean by rolling distance. How wide are you wanting to go on the back and front. I can give you my tire sizes. The front is about as wide as I would go. I could have went wider in the back but I figured I would break somthing if the wider tire got a bite. Hang tight and I'll send you my tire sizes and my rim sizes and offsets. Then you can have an idea of what your wanting to order.

• my question did my guy at the shop measure my wheel wrong or did the sl le come with 8.5 inch in the front

For all years, both forged and cast versions, the stock SL/LE front wheel is 7.5" wide ...... rear 9.0"..

How much experience does your guy have with the Slingshot and how much of a guarantee has he given you that the wheel/tire combination will not only fit correctly but be the correct front to rear ratio to not mess with the ABS/Traction/Stability control. Lots of unanswered questions and lots of room for very expensive and time consuming errors.

EDIT: Ok I see Envy Motoring down here uses COR wheels for their builds and fits your specific model choice a lot .... also see the guy from COR that seems to know about the SLingshot is Alex ( alex@corwheels.com )
    Might want to contact him directly ... getting the wheel sizing wrong does not give a warm and fuzzy feeling, especially since the 225 front tire is only a hair over 8.5" wide itself ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• well the company is cor wheels and they have already done work with the slingshots they are actually a listed vendor on the other side if you check out their site they have a polaris gallery corwheels.com. so I'm assuming they know what they are doing. they told me that their wheel designer would let me know if the measurements wouldn't work my problem is i don't if they will account for the sider shock since mine are aftermarket and i believe are wider then stock and I've seen a couple guys almost rub their shock so i wanted to make sure i would be safe with a 11.5 inch wheel not sure tire yet

• Just got off phone with cor I have nothing to worry about or do these are basically custom wheels made to fit my sling if the sizes I want won't work with the the tires they recommend then we have to go different wheel size I don't have to worry about offset or anything their machines will do all the work. And sorry for wasting time gonna go with the blind hardware I guess that's what they call it so no rivets and also found out their carbon fiber on the wheels is real no dipping I guess for 5k for 3 wheels it better be real carbon.
    That's the hidden look but mine will be high gloss black. Sorry and thanks again guys

• Did you say 5k for 3 wheels! Jesus I could chisel them things from pure silver. :-)

I got pissed when I had to spend 500 total for all three...

This next thing I'm going to bring up is going to be a downer for ya....

They are beautiful but they wouldn't last 10 minutes around Alabama. They would be bent all over from potholes. Make sure you ask about that. The strength is a big deal when you hit a hole at 80mph that is about 2 or 3 inches deep (which is every interstate and city road). Most of the purdy wheels can't take that.

But you may have super smooth roads. It would be awesome if we did. We actually have manholes that are 2 inchs above the road surface and some that I can ease onto the lid and get out and my chin spoiler is 1inch from rubbing the asphalt.

• Ya Rab tech they are exspensive but it's literally like buying a custom made shoe for the sling they are 3 piece forged I'm pretty sure for that price they should be able to handle a pot hole here and there . From what your telling me I you guys have worst roads then us I'm up in Boston and their ok but def no man hole covers that aren't flush with the road that's just crazy. I mean these guys are making wheels for Bugatis and lambos I think they should be able to handle a nice set for the sling , didn't think I would be forging my wheels first , u guys with mods should know custom means pricy. Would have been a bunch cheaper but he sold me with the real carbon fiber I have a soft spot for that stuff