Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• Crystal received these today but they came straight from Amazon so we're not sure who sent them? Anyways Crystal says thank you so much & they are delicious!!! Okay, fess up - who's the secret Santa?! ?(:thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Tripod, I know we're close to the cutoff date she provided, but I just hit 'send' on another box that should get there in time.

I have a feeling she'll be making friends for life when she shares all the goodies she hasn't eaten that she can't take with her!

• @Tripod, I know we're close to the cutoff date she provided, but I just hit 'send' on another box that should get there in time.

I have a feeling she'll be making friends for life when she shares all the goodies she hasn't eaten that she can't take with her!

AWESOME!!! Thank you!!!

• @Tripod wanted to let you know I received a great note from Crystal last week. Really nice to hear from her. I was out of town when it arrived and when I got back I had to have an emergency surgery on my eye or I would have let you known sooner. I'm now trying to recover from my 2nd detached retina surgery and so far so good. Golden years my ass! ;( i think I've got it whipped now because for days I was told to keep my head parallel to the ground due to the gas bubble they put in my eye. Feels good just to look up again. Lol. Anyway, wanted you to know about Crystal taking the time to write. What a gal!

• @Tripod wanted to let you know I received a great note from Crystal last week. Really nice to hear from her. I was out of town when it arrived and when I got back I had to have an emergency surgery on my eye or I would have let you known sooner. I'm now trying to recover from my 2nd detached retina surgery and so far so good. Golden years my ass! ;( i think I've got it whipped now because for days I was told to keep my head parallel to the ground due to the gas bubble they put in my eye. Feels good just to look up again. Lol. Anyway, wanted you to know about Crystal taking the time to write. What a gal!

• Awesome, Paul! Thanks for the update regarding both the communication from Crystal & the news regarding your recent eye surgery. Hope you continue to heal quickly & successfully. Glad things are "looking up" so far... :rolleyes:

(Sorry, couldn't help myself... :D )

• She's good about writing back. Thanks for sharing! Actually, @Cape Sling started this particular thread. I had started another military thread but this is the one that took off so we're running with it. Thanks again to everyone for your continued support. Words can't adequately express the gratitude felt by both myself & by Crystal. Got to talk to her for just over an hour on Sunday & she's doing well, maintaining a positive attitude. She hopes to be back stateside around mid-October. They first go to Qatar, then Germany & finally the good ol' USA. She'll make O-3 (LT; double silver bars on 12/1). She will be going back to civilian life in March of 2017.

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Just received an email from Crystal describing this package she just received today. This comes from the kids that @Nemesis1701 worked with this summer as a camp counselor. Thank you Brother!!! Here's a quote from Crystal & some pics...

"Got that package from the summer camp kiddos today. Love it! :) here's a pic of everything as well as my 4 favorite letters...a few sweet, a few funny. lol! Made my day!"

• Just received an email from Crystal describing this package she just received today. This comes from the kids that @Nemesis1701 worked with this summer as a camp counselor. Thank you Brother!!! Here's a quote from Crystal & some pics...

"Got that package from the summer camp kiddos today. Love it! :) here's a pic of everything as well as my 4 favorite letters...a few sweet, a few funny. lol! Made my day!"

@Tripod.....Wow we where just taking about It!