Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Of course, when I'm on my motorcycle I give a wave to any slingshot. Some motorcyclists give me a wave when I'm in the slingshot. One thing, I get many waves and horn beeps from people driving cars and people just outside walking. Never get that on the motorcycle.

• Of course, when I'm on my motorcycle I give a wave to any slingshot. Some motorcyclists give me a wave when I'm in the slingshot. One thing, I get many waves and horn beeps from people driving cars and people just outside walking. Never get that on the motorcycle.

I started the wave in the 70's when I got my 1st CJ5. I wasn't a biker yet then but EVERY Jeep driver would wave at every other Jeep when passing. By Jeep I mean CJ5 and CJ7. Wagoneers, Cherokees, etc. were not part of the crowd. Then came all the FJs, YJs, Xjs, UJs, MeJs, Wranglers, Libertys, Compasses and a litany of others, and the wave just kinda stopped. It's a novelty when the sighting is somewhat rare, an elite club if you will, but becomes annoying if it's every3rd vehicle you pass. The same has happened with motorcycles, starting for me in the 80's. The sheer number on the road makes it impractical to acknowledge every one. Now people differentiate themselves by brand as well. The Sling, if acknowledged as a bike at all is nobody else's brand so the waves you get are likely from good ol' boys and girls that appreciate something different and cool, redneck hippies like me, and people new to the game. Oh yeah, and the 14 nice guys left in the country most of which are on this forum (I'm not one of them).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I first arrived in Louisiana in 1981 in New Iberia to start working offshore in the oil field I remember driving down the street and having passersby wave. It took me a few minutes to realize that they were just being friendly. Because I didn’t know a soul there.

The best wave is one that is just because 🙋🏼

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Washing my 2020 Slingshot R before the ride.

Took the Slingshot out yesterday for a Poker Run with some of the motorcycle clubs in AZ to raise money for the Nation of Patriots, a veterans support organization for vets in need. Nice ride and a great cause to support. Made stops at American Legion Posts and Elks Lodges in Casa Grande, Florence and Apache Junction. Great riding weather, this was on Saturday, although the weather was even better on Friday. Love group riding that does not involve Fakebook. Being honest here. I don't do FB so that limits me from the Slingshot clubs that only use FB for their web presence.

• So great to see riders of all types getting together to do things we all enjoy. Double for a good cause. It's about the adventure.

• I've always liked a manual and at this point I have enough invested in mine that I'll hold onto it for a while. It's set to my liking. Still, I would be curious to try the paddle shifters. They might be fun!

• I've always liked a manual and at this point I have enough invested in mine that I'll hold onto it for a while. It's set to my liking. Still, I would be curious to try the paddle shifters. They might be fun!

My Son has driven some vehicles that he liked....the auto Slingshot he drove today NOT so much.

• So I’m flying threw the twistiest on the Devil’s Triangle and caught up to a Porsche….. I really didn’t think a sling could outperform that lol. I respectfully just fucked with him and beat him to the Brushy mountain grill lmao

well, from what I have read the lateral grip numbers on a Slingshot are in the same league as many high end sports cars, as such if you know how to drive in the twisties and there are not to many long straights where you might get out powered I'm not surprised that the Slingshot would hold its own and perhaps even out perform

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst to visit the commissary and purchase some food. It's even crazy expensive there. A picture of my favorite aircraft of all time, F-4, they shook the ground when taking off and a KC-135 E model. Couldn't get the sling in the picture, no parking.

• I been to the commissary once since I retired in 86. To many shoppers and long check out lines. You have to follow the arrows on the floor going down the isles. Prices are not that good then they add a surcharge when you check out. I only live 30 miles from NAS Jacksonville but only been there less then a half dozen time since I retired. Four of those were to get hearing aids.

I used to set on the NC5 at night in Da Nang waiting on our bird to come home and watch those F4 taking off and hitting afterburners. Yes they were impressive.

If the music is to loud you are to old.