Small Town America

• I get the same thing in around here in Treherne, Manitoba. Also around 700 Pop.

People are 'used' to seeing it, but they sure make sure to take a moment and come up and talk with me when I stop somewhere, lol.

• Our local paper is published once a week on Wednesday. My friends were telling me they had read that I would be driving my "spider" in the parade. I was all ready to start a thread about demanding a retraction from the paper, until I noticed they misspelled my name too!
    Suddenly my indignation about my spider didn't matter near as much.

• Another problem about a small town is the local "constables". I know all of them personally and they ask me the standard question "How fast is it?" I poo-poo it and always emphasize it only has a four cylinder. I catch myself looking over my shoulder all the time. It is hard to fly under the radar with these things. I also remind them if they hear anything about someone tearing it up on the backroads it was probably someone else out on a test ride.

• I am always amused at 2 very popular questions I get asked. How fast will it go, and what is the gas mileage?? WHO really cares? It's a fun TOY! I probably will never go over 80 (or over 40 on a wet road), and I wouldn't care if it got 15 or 50 mpg. I would still enjoy our somewhat limited riding season here in MA.
    I only hope it doesn't rain on my way to the Adirondacks in Sept., Hate to see my toy get all wet! :>)

• Another problem about a small town is the local "constables". I know all of them personally and they ask me the standard question "How fast is it?" I poo-poo it and always emphasize it only has a four cylinder. I catch myself looking over my shoulder all the time. It is hard to fly under the radar with these things. I also remind them if they hear anything about someone tearing it up on the backroads it was probably someone else out on a test ride.

Same here. My solution.....I tossed her the keys and said, "Let's find out"

• Found out it governs out between 160 - 170 km/hr, lol

I assure you that it's not governed at 160 kmh (which is only 100 mph). You must've been in 5th gear. You should've been able to easily hit 200 kmh (125 mph) in 4th.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Yeah, the end of 4th is pretty much the top, seems 5th just holds your place until you want to pass and you downshift. But can't get the revs up past 3500 in 5th.

Assumed that was a limiter. You're making me want to go out and try 4th a little harder, lol.

Can't right now though, on duty. Only thing I can drive fast is the bandage bus till Tuesday morning, lol

• I have run with the cruise set at 100 mph on the interstate keeping up with the traffic flow

Heh, you have more adventurous Interstates than I travelled because I was leading the pack on 29 & 94 this week. The flow rarely gets over 85 & 80 respectively.

Oh, there are a few who try, but near Fargo, those Boys in Blue slap them down pretty quick :) It was funny watching a Camaro blow by me only to find him with his head hung low 10 minutes up the road :00007765:

• I ran 5 th gear for about 6 miles flat on the floor. I only got just a little over 105 mph

After you following me at maggie valley I believe it. :)

I have a video I am actually scared turn back to "public" that I uploaded to YouTube. I had the Garmin camera running and it was around 2am. I had the whole interstate to myself. I made a 41 mile interstate run and I never got below a 100mph except for a second when let up on the gas because my radar detector went off. I was mainly around 115 but several miles were at 125 and bumping 130. With the turbo you can just leave it on 5th gear and roll into the throttle. And like I said,,, I never passed a car. The interstate was empty. I met a few oncoming cars but my side was clear. I love it at night...

This all ties into the "small town" theme. Around here the police and trooper are not out after 1am generally. At least not unless they are called out to an incident.

• I love it at night...

This all ties into the "small town" theme. Around here the police and trooper are not out after 1am generally. At least not unless they are called out to an incident.

You got that right. Ours run until 3AM, but since they are spread so thin here, you just either count the cars as you roll by, or try your luck anyway, and beg forgiveness later, lol.

I got the LED Grill installed purely for night driving. Give me a full moon on a clear night, and I am more awake than anytime during the day.

Open road & night sky, nothing better