THUNDER BEACH FALL 2016 (Wed, Oct 19th 2016, 8:17am - Sun, Oct 23rd 2016, 9:17am)

Date

THUNDER BEACH FALL 2016

Wed, Oct 19th 2016, 8:17 am - Sun, Oct 23rd 2016, 9:17 am

Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Participants

3 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Oct 19th 2016, 8:17 am
  • Changing gears and derailing here.....

I have to say that the whole Alpha / DDMWorks combo is spot on perfect. With the new electronic boost controller you can dial the boost down to around 6 PSI and it will deliver tons of smooth power.
    When you want a little more "crazy" just change the level to around 11PSI. You will start hearing the tire scream when you roll into the gas at 40 to 50 mph. Then when you really want to just kill the back tire you can dial the boost in at 16PSI. At this level you can watch the speedometer needle literally jump in 10mph increments faster than you can verbally say them out loud.

I can say with certainty that I will not be tinkering with the turbo or engine components anymore.... Those two items are dialed in to perfection. And I wont be touching the exhaust because its pure perfection. I have NO noticeable exhaust noise at all. It just sounds like a stock slingshot. I think it surprises most people when they walk up to it on the strip here at Panama City and see all the header tubes then I hit the starter button and it doesn't make any noise.... When I pull into a service station or a crowded parking lot I have to watch for people so they don't step in front of me when Im sneaking around. Its that quiet!!!

Anyway,,,, Enough of the review in this thread... Ill have a new thread later with all the details of the drivetrain. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's spot on perfect and in the next week or two I will be back at DDM getting y'all some dyno numbers. My "ass" dyno says is going to get to 500hp quite a bit faster than my other system. We shall all see in the next couple of weeks....

• I was fortunate enough to drive the white beast and @rabtech is 100% correct on all points.
    In fact the exhaust is quieter than stock. Hopefully we can get a version to fit the existing Hahn set up. I am happy with what I have but would love to open it up and quiet it down. Come on @Turbosling I need some of your magic.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Changing gears and derailing here.....

I have to say that the whole Alpha / DDMWorks combo is spot on perfect...My "ass" dyno says is going to get to 500hp quite a bit faster than my other system. We shall all see in the next couple of weeks....

Good review, but you don't ever get to bitch about other people derailing a thread ever again... :00008172:

• Lots of fantastic lookin scooters / this one really stuck out to me - the white one had a stereo system loud enough he was playing it for the whole bar!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it