New member meet and greet

• Welcome aboard gents! I just got a quote from @Dan Hererra in Washington state that appears to beat my lowest quote by $200+. I'm waiting until my scheduled full insurance review this Wednesday to make a decision on the Slingshot. Thanks Dan but I said I'd never do business with Progressive until they take that hideous 'Flo' off TV. For god sake, even Jared got retired from Subway! Do you have that kind of pull?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Welcome aboard gents! I just got a quote from @Dan Hererra in Washington state that appears to beat my lowest quote by $200+. I'm waiting until my scheduled full insurance review this Wednesday to make a decision on the Slingshot. Thanks Dan but I said I'd never do business with Progressive until they take that hideous 'Flo' off TV. For god sake, even Jared got retired from Subway! Do you have that kind of pull?

I would be less worried about Flo & not buy Progressive due to their tie to George Soros & the support of the (un-) American far left...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Welcome @Dan Hererra! And Doug, this is just for you!

Much better Brent! But not at all what I see on my TV.

I would be less worried about Flo & not buy Progressive due to their tie to George Soros & the support of the (un-) American far left...

That gets my attention. My hatred of Flo would not influence an insurance decision - just my use of the mute button. Now Soros and Bloomberg, there's two blights on American rights!

Now get this, @Dan Hererra saw my post above and has already emailed me with a competitive quote from Nationwide that is almost $400 less than what Nationwide quoted me directly for lower coverage levels than Dan quoted, is still $200+ less than my lowest quote, and is almost equal with Progressive. I really wanted to stay with Nationwide since they handled my claim efficiently, promptly and professionally when my 1st Sling was hit by a drunk driver and totaled. They also paid out over $2k more than the drunk's insurance (Geico) would have. It's looking very much like I'll be doing business with Dan - after he considers my driving record (1 point - not bad considering I drive a Slingshot).

• Much better Brent! But not at all what I see on my TV.

That gets my attention. My hatred of Flo would not influence an insurance decision - just my use of the mute button. Now Soros and Bloomberg, there's two blights on American rights!
    Now get this, @Dan Hererra saw my post above and has already emailed me with a competitive quote from Nationwide that is almost $400 less than what Nationwide quoted me directly for lower coverage levels than Dan quoted, is still $200+ less than my lowest quote, and is almost equal with Progressive. I really wanted to stay with Nationwide since they handled my claim efficiently, promptly and professionally when my 1st Sling was hit by a drunk driver and totaled. They also paid out over $2k more than the drunk's insurance (Geico) would have. It's looking very much like I'll be doing business with Dan - after he considers my driving record (1 point - not bad considering I drive a Slingshot).

At this point I've had Nationwide from Dan for almost a year now. Renewal will be in Mar.

A very good rate.

• @EjFord that's a good price for just the SS. I have everything with State Farm. I know that many things come into play. Age, debt, beacon scores, driving habits, location, married or not among many other things. My rate is just over $300 a year (like $304, but I'd have to verify to be exact) for full coverage for a year with $500 deductible. I didn't scrimp on coverage either, even if I wanted to it's not allowed when combined with an umbrella policy. For me, State Farm was competitive on rates for everything else. Cars, truck, trailer all were dead on with other quotes I compared too. House was more expensive than some of the others, but the rate for the 3 bikes (Slingshot and two Harleys) beat everyone by enough that the bottom line still was in my favor.

• All who have posted their rates have not listed their coverage levels, which can influence premiums significantly. My state requires 50/100 but I carry 250/500 on all my vehicles except the slingshot. On it I'm looking at 100/300 but may go with the higher level. I haven't got that number from Dan yet. I'm not suggesting we cover that here, it has been the topic of much conversation on other threads.

Announcer Voice: And now back to your regularly scheduled meet and greet!