Buying New Slingshot

• I have a friend that is considering buying a new Slingshot. I told him that we have a lot of gearheads on the forum that know just about everything there is to know about a Slingshot. He will be shadowing the conversation soooo… what is good - what is bad - anything you think would be helpful for him to make a decision would be greatly appreciated!!!

PS - He has already ruled out buying a used one.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Great idea on purchasing a New Slingshot, and my suggestion is to find a very Reliable Dealership and just go Test Drive the Models that interest him or All the different models and he will get the Hands On Experience of each and what different Options each will provide without having to take anyone else's opinion???

And, as of yesterday Polaris just released the 2024 models lineup coming, so there will be probably better deals on all the leftover New Slingshots ??? Probably will have to take his time with his searching dealers with good inventory to complete his testing???

Oh, what I seen on the new 2024 models are No modifications just several new colors???

• Every single Slingshot is nothing more than a starter kit. If you enjoy it sooner or later you’re gonna open up your wallet.

There are people out there who buy them and let them sit and for whatever reason they have super low miles and are lonely. I was blessed enough to find one like that twice.

I always love allowing other people to pay for the depreciation and tax when it comes to new vehicles.

Good luck in your search and hope this helps you

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Well it is low mileage and a beautiful trailer queen. I won’t sell unless they buy sling and enclosed trailer so I would probably wait a long time lol.

Excalibur I've been looking for an enclosed trailer to move cars but would also like it to haul the Sling. Most of them have 81" between the wheel wells which should fit the Sling with stock wheels. I see in your pic that you loaded facing the rear.

2 questions.

Are you able to load it facing forward in your trailer?

When you load facing the rear are you able to get 60% of the weight in front of the axles?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I am pretty sure that a legal width trailer is only 83 inches between the wheel wells on the inside. The 2015 SL with stock wheels and tires is 78 3/16 inch. I just measured mine. With after market wheels and tires the front can be a lot wider. So some people back into the trailer because of the clearance issues between the wheel wells. I have seen special /custom built trailers built wider which were not legal to haul the Slings

• I load that way cause I have a 1500 but yes can load driving in but will need air ride even with this dove tail. I have an extension ramp that helps the transition. And with a Vnose you could get this sling almost to the front.