Zarate Rear Spoiler

• Just what one needs a ironing board on the back of their Slingshot. I will come in handy on those long trips when you get your clothes out of a bag. But then what ever pulls your trigger. Some do look petty neat and if you drive fast enough, over the speed limit they my provide a benfit.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Zarate has multiple variations of that spoiler starting here. Pics are posted online. Are you looking for a specific style and color combination?

If you are going to do a few Zarate Accessories, it is nice that they have common styles throughout all their accessories. They also go to a lot of the shows so you can see it in person there.

• I am sorry, I just do not understand why someone would take a vehicle as unique and sexy as the slingshot and F*$& it up by putting one of those ugly assed monstrosities on it.

If you do not like how it looks, why in the hell did you buy it?

Those things look like something a 7 year old draws in school, and will do nothing but harm the handling of it.

Just my opinion, and you know the saying about opinions.

• I totally understand the desire to modify and improve, and that everyone has different tastes. But to me, the Zarate stuff all looks like bolt-on additions. They just don't follow the lines and design cues of the Sling. Then they cut random holes in parts for a 'theme'. Not for me. That being said, they sell lots of parts so maybe I'm alone on this opinion.:/

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I totally understand the desire to modify and improve, and that everyone has different tastes. But to me, the Zarate stuff all looks like bolt-on additions. They just don't follow the lines and design cues of the Sling. Then they cut random holes in parts for a 'theme'. Not for me. That being said, they sell lots of parts so maybe I'm alone on this opinion.:/

I have agree. All of the products I've seen from this company is utter garbage.

• I am sorry, I just do not understand why someone would take a vehicle as unique and sexy as the slingshot and F*$& it up by putting one of those ugly assed monstrosities on it.

If you do not like how it looks, why in the hell did you buy it?

Those things look like something a 7 year old draws in school, and will do nothing but harm the handling of it.

Just my opinion, and you know the saying about opinions.

Early in 2015 a guy in MN bought a Slingshot and about 3 months later he had it up for sale.... WHY???? It ATRACTED to MUCH attention.

• Big ol CF wing for me and as much as a PITA it is to maintain still wouldn't change it as it's the look I like.

Since Zarate came up - I am a huge fan of his stuff. Think it adds contrast to areas on the sling that are otherwise blah. Front end, side buckets/fenders etc... Ultimately keep getting ideas like your doing and I bet you'll end up with your own vision for your sling and really that's all that matters.

• Trying to decide between the Zarate rear spoiler or a one-piece fiberglass one. Anyone have any pictures of the Zarate mounted up. Thanks Todd

Figured I would chime in since a lot of the comments were trashing another companies products/putting you down for looking into what you may want use to personalize your sling to your tastes with that weren't at all helpful to what you were asking.. The responses felt like a lot of the keyboard warrior stuff I see over on FaceBook which I'm not used to seeing here so it was a little surprising. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I guess if I don't personally like someones choice in mods, I just keep scrolling onto the next post.

Below are a couple pics of Mark Zarate's Sling with the rear 2 piece upper wing I THINK you are referring to. There is also a pic of mine with a full rear wing like I think you are referring to. Mine is from Underground Auto Styling out of Sarasota FL. You can find it here https://www.universalaudiosolu…ris_Slingshot_Wing.html#/ I purchased the large/long size. Hope this helps a little. If you have any additional questions feel free to reach out directly here on the forum or you can always email me directly at kyle@zzperformance.com If you're on FaceBook I can be found on there and their messenger service as well. Hope you find what you're looking for.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• I have to disagree with this opinion from a vendor standpoint and here is why -

I looked back through the thread and could not find one post by anyone putting the original poster down for looking into any modifications. All of the comments were strictly about not liking the design of Zarate's products, not that Mark was a bad guy or any kind of personal attacks against him. Mark is a super cool guy and I am pretty sure anyone that has met him would think the same. I have to believe even Mark understands not everyone likes all of his designs. I think it is great to have so many different vendors out there making unique stuff for our Slingshots, but I think we all understand that not every one will like them all.

As a vendor, I know that people have opinions, both good and bad, about any product. We are openly putting that product out in the public for it to be critiqued and do not expect to be shielded from criticism. I am not going to hide behind a monitor with blinders on and expect everyone is going to love all of our product, that would be foolish. I do not expect that only positive things will be posted about our product, or edit out those that I do not agree with. As a vendor I am completely comfortable with hearing opinions of our products and having people share those opinions, because once again we chose to put those products out there, no one forced us. Sure, sometimes people will try to use stuff posted against us, but it only makes our products and designs better in the end for the customer.

This is not Facebook (thankfully) it is a public forum, which I always thought was supposed to be a place to freely express viewpoints, ideas and opinions, both good and bad, have discussions and share. As long as there are no personal attacks I always thought we were comfortable with that idea, has that changed now? If we can not express those opinions here anymore, what are we all just supposed to do? Hold in our personal viewpoints on a product and let everyone assume we love everything out there now? There is a reason that this forum was started in the first place, to provide a place for open communication and expression instead of the direction the other forum went. Once again, if there would have been a personal attack on a forum member this would be a different discussion and I completely agree that would be too far, but none of the posts were a personal attack against anyone.

As for DDMWorks products, if anyone here on the forum hates them, thinks they look bad, etc. let's hear about it, let us know, I personally want to keep making things better, not pretend they are perfect and everyone loves them. We have new LED's coming out, which I know some people dislike or think are stupid, I used to dislike them also and I have no problem with people posting that they dislike them, it is their opinion. The people that are lining up for the LED's are not going to care if someone else hates them, dislikes them, etc. they will get them anyway. People posting up about disliking them only helps us figure out why they dislike them, so we can make something better and that is how everyone wins.

I just think it is good to have a place where people can freely express their opinions, both good and bad about a product, without feeling that they will be censored or edited out.

Once again, I could be wrong, this is just an opinion.

BTW - I had a good laugh at the edit on the pics of Zarate's 4 wheel kit from the original post, for those that do not know, it is a DDMworks 4 wheel kit ;).

• I guess I should not have said anything.

I most certainly did not mean to denigrate anyone's personal taste.

After all, I bought my 2015 fast grey 6 months before they were even in production.

So after 7 years, I decided to change the looks of it a little.

I changed the front fenders, modified the hood, added doors, added dual rear tires and reworked the rear end a little.

And added a little paint and got exactly what I wanted.

HEHEHEHEHE

• Man, that looks just like a Prowler!