Mega Million$

• I'm not sure if you all have been asked over and over again by well intentioned people what your plans would be if you won tonight's $1.1 BILLION Mega Millions lottery. I've been giving it a lot of thought on how I would use my "after-tax" winnings. All I can say with 100% certainty is that all my neighbors would be rich. That's right. IF I win the lottery, I'm going to move to a WEALTHY neighborhood. :):):)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm moving away. I want 5+ acres. I want to have my own private range.

I'm in the company pool, so the more likely scenario is pay off the house, student loan debt, vehicles and plan for retirement.

• Yeah, I'ld buy lots of real estate - houses, land, etc. My kids would never have a house payment - but would still have to pay Taxes & Insurance. And I'ld buy a small island just for myself.

Excellent plan. I'd invite Bloomberg, Soros and all the other 'let me control your life' billionaires out there to my island then I'd blow the fucker up!

Do I sound just a bit fed up?

Yes. Yes I do.

But that would be my plan. A man needs a plan...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I don't play - I don't want that kind of money in my life.
    jm2c

smart!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Frankly I dont really want that kind go money, I suspect that it would really screw up my life and in addition it would bring out the ass hole in just about every person in my life - - Yes we did buy a ticket, but I would be thrilled to death to simply get enough to pay off the house my daughter lives in and fix up some things around my house and then perhaps splurge on a DDM supercharge and a quad kit

just enough to have some fun and be worry free - - any more than that is bound to cause more trouble than its worth

In the things I care about I am already rich beyond anything I could ever get with money.

• Sorry guys, I didn't win the drawing so I won't be able to share the wealth with you all. Damn, I really wanted to make Rabtech's day and buy his white beast from him and ride it like I stole it once before I'm too old to enjoy the experience. I might have to plan a trip to vegas to invest my next rent check to achieve some of those goals

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, I guess if I gotta dream...

My basic four step plan.

1) Implement my own witness protection program.

2) Quit the cash diet I have been on since day one of my working life.

3) Hire a divorce lawyer to protect me from everyone who thinks I should be sharing for screwing me.

4) Die with two pennies in my pocket, jm2cw.

As with all things, this will probably require modifications,...

But, you gotta have a plan.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• 74 years old and at this time of my life there is not much that I could add. A 55 Chev, get another 67 435 Corvette to replace the one that I sold. I would also have to increase the size of the playroom. Also a little play money for life support

You left out one Bill Gates and his wife

• So someone won 1.37 Billion, if they take the lump sum option they will get 780.5 million and of that the fed will take 187.3 million in tax and the state will take 38.6 million leaving the winner with 554.6 million

• So someone won 1.37 Billion, if they take the lump sum option they will get 780.5 million and of that the fed will take 187.3 million in tax and the state will take 38.6 million leaving the winner with 554.6 million

So, I am poor after Fed and state...

Those poor suckers!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• So, I am poor after Fed and state...

Those poor suckers!

I was more interested in the amount the lottery keeps of the total collected if you want a lump sum - - 1.37 billion in ticket sales and if you take the lump sum they keep 589.5 million for the lottery system and whatever it supposedly funds

This is something I have always found interesting here in California - I remember back in 1984/85 before We had any lottery. at the time California had some of the best schools in the nation and the big push to have a lottery was that the money generated would go into the school system and make them even better

well here we are 37 years later and California schools rank 44th in the Nation - - - - so? how the hell do we hugely increasing money available for education by adding the lottery as an additional source of funding and have the quality of the education go down the toilet???

I suspect its because the majority of money goes into making more government/lottery employee jobs

so where is the 589.5 million that they will keep if the winner takes a lump sum going? how much of it actually goes to fund something we care about and how much goes to increase inefficient government BS

• I'm not sure about other states. My father owned 2 grocery stores with lottery machines in Pennsylvania. At the time it was advertised that all proceeds benefit senior citizens. But that was over 30 years ago and another state. I looked up NJ lottery annual reports and under frequently asked questions this is what is in the report posted for the year 2020. No breakdown of dollars, at least as I found with a little effort search. I'm not sure on the state level but on a federal level the amount I contributed into the federal pension system if managed properly over the length of a carrier should cover the whole of the small pension with little to no cost to the public.

WHERE THE
    MONEY GOES
    ANONYMITY
    Over the 50 years since voters approved the nation’s third state lottery in November 1969 and the sale of the first ticket in 1970, the New Jersey Lottery has contributed over $28 billion to our State.
    Through the responsible sale of tickets for its entertaining games, the Lottery continues to return revenue for the benefit of the State.
    Bipartisan legislation signed into law in July 2017 created the Lottery Enterprise Contribution Act (Chapter 98 of the Public Laws of 2017).
    This law directs State Lottery net proceeds to be used to bolster New Jersey’s pension system for teachers, police and fire personnel and other public workers. The Lottery-generated contribution helps support the State’s obligation to provide ongoing financial stability for the retirement systems until 2047.
    In Fiscal Year 2020, the Lottery’s contribution of $1.015 billion in revenue made it the fifth largest revenue producer for our State.