Seat lever extension

• I think someone in the past posted an aftermarket extension for the seat levers. I’ve been searching on the forum but can’t find it. I’m finding it difficult to pay $80 for two of these plastic extensions and just wondering if someone else has found a reasonable solution in the aftermarket or car market.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• got to agree, 80 bucks seems a bit high, although they are DDMWorks and billet aluminum - - I recently put a quick release on my slingshot steering wheel and I was looking at the turn signal extender sling mods sells and its $50 for a piece of sheet metal - - I will learn to reach it where it is =O

Your are correct I believe I too recall someone posting a DIY solution they came up with - - hopefully someone will find it for you

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks EJ I did see that post. This is going to be one of those things that I will spend an inordinate amount of time fiddling with but then again that’s what I enjoy doing. Keep you posted😎

I have a hardware store in town that is to me a candy store and I will be looking for a spline tomorrow and see what I can come up with

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Thanks EJ I did see that post. This is going to be one of those things that I will spend an inordinate amount of time fiddling with but then again that’s what I enjoy doing. Keep you posted😎

I have a hardware store in town that is to me a candy store and I will be looking for a spline tomorrow and see what I can come up with

I found a hardware store like that right around the time COVID hit, it was a new ACE in Cathedral City that had the best and most varied selection of hardware, nuts bolts and misc other fasteners all in an amazing variety of sizes - - used to spend a ton of time just browsing through the drawers thinking of great ideas - unfortunately the place closed up about a year ago just couldn't make it I guess - - - still bums me out when I think about it

• I found a hardware store like that right around the time COVID hit, it was a new ACE in Cathedral City that had the best and most varied selection of hardware, nuts bolts and misc other fasteners all in an amazing variety of sizes - - used to spend a ton of time just browsing through the drawers thinking of great ideas - unfortunately the place closed up about a year ago just couldn't make it I guess - - - still bums me out when I think about it

I just get tired of paying the ACE prices. So now unless I need it today I order off of Amazon. Now I have just about everything. Nuts - Bolt - Screws - Washers

• I just get tired of paying the ACE prices. So now unless I need it today I order off of Amazon. Now I have just about everything. Nuts - Bolt - Screws - Washers

I get it - - I to am an Amazon user for 99% of these things, but sometimes when I needed ideas or just a single bolt being able to walk in and browse through the drawers was a great option that I miss - - I have a Home Depot and a Lowes both of which are closed than that ACE was, but neither one comes close to the selection that Ace had. Heck there were things that I found there that gave me some great ways to get a project to a better end that I never even would have though of if I hadn't pulled a drawer open and seen them.

Plus this particular ACE was always very quiet - like I had the isles all to myself - - - probably another reason why they are gone ;(

• When I need a specific metric not or bolt or hope to find it in stainless steel, I usually try Ace first.

exactly - the ACE that's now gone hade the biggest selection of metric stainless fasteners I have ever found in a store :thumbsup:

• I made a metal bracket that attaches to the side with the factory screw and have a piece of webbing screwed to the handle and looped thru the bracket. I grab the loop and pull and release the seat. The loop is just below the painted section on side arms next to back of the seat. If I think of it I will take some pictures tomorrow

• I've found that once you find the handle a great way to stop the seat from going forward is to let it smack you in the head. It's a good thing I'm not a professional football player. I would have been sidelined many times for getting hit in the head! :)

• SoCal

Changed the title of the thread from “Seat lover extension” to “Seat lever extension”.
  • seems like a very nice way to do this - dont even have to bend down to release the seat back, probably much more convenient than a lever that's only been extended

• No more getting hit in the head and knocking off the glasses. And easy and cheap to do. Made the little bracket from scrap aluminum and a hack saw and file. Painted black and used a self tapping screw in the end of the leaver to attach the webbing