OG Sling Member ILL

• Hey Phill, I am really glad you are on the mend and feeling better. Please take it easy and just keep getting better

As to your above post, #159, I will just say we are in agreement and leave it at that

Love you Brother

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Phil it is good to hear this news. It is also the best way to put things in the best light possible.

You fought a great fight and won! Keep on mending, do it slow, and keep on keeping on!
    Glad you still haven’t forgotten your brothers have been praying for your recovery, and prayers to come true. Our sisters were praying also, Anita!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• This is the reason to get a nebulizer in case you get the virus. The sooner you use it after getting the virus the quicker you can get rid of it. I witnessed my neighbor his wife and 87 yo mother all get it and suffered for threes days before using the nebulizer and all three recovered in 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Wish I was half this articulate

• Wicked happy for you AND Judy, that you are improving from this nightmare!!!

(So, while you were sweating this thing out in bed, me and Uncle BillyBob rolled the Vanderhall out of your garage and lit it on fire. Then we went halves on a Slingshot we found in Jersey, and parked it in it's place. Turns out, it was BONES's old Slingshot! No worries, we put a step stool next to it so you can get in it! Them 22's are taaaaaall!!)

:00000436:

:00000441:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

(So, while you were sweating this thing out in bed, me and Uncle BillyBob rolled the Vanderhall out of your garage and lit it on fire. Then we went halves on a Slingshot we found in Jersey, and parked it in it's place. Turns out, it was BONES's old Slingshot! No worries, we put a step stool next to it so you can get in it! Them 22's are taaaaaall!!)

OMG... That would've been epic...

tenor.gif

• Phil it is good to hear this news. It is also the best way to put things in the best light possible.

You fought a great fight and won! Keep on mending, do it slow, and keep on keeping on!
    Glad you still haven’t forgotten your brothers have been praying for your recovery, and prayers to come true. Our sisters were praying also, Anita!

Yes Boomer. You all had more than anyone cold have asked to pull me through this. And YES, Anita did her share from the West Coast along with Ed and let's toss Tripod in since he's almost on the coast. 100's of OG Slingshot owners may not be abel to move mountains, but they sure can make sure I beat these medical demons to see how pretty those mountains really are to see in person

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

What is this Vanderhall you guys keep talking about? You did get my new address after we moved when the hurricane took out our roof a few years ago, right? EJ has it

• Glad, you are rid of Covid and feeling better, Phil! Just take it easy!

Thanks again Anita. You guys all pulled me through another one. You guys need to tell me ENOUGH, so I don't EVER go through another case like this knowing you'll pull me through. There's only so much a brother can ask, and you guys have delivered WAY too much again

• I know better than to be on my soapbox, but the events of the past 3 weeks has to be used to help save someone.

I just heard from my neighbor, that a friend of his daughter just died today from Covid as well. The two sad issues about this is that she's only in her 40;s and has been vaccinated. Guys this shit is serious. It was bad enough living through what I did and come out the other side, but to hear that a YOUNGER, HEALTHIER young women who also was vaccinated came down with the same illness I had and the results were tragic. I hate to celebrate my fortune when I hear stories like this. Guys, PLEASE take this as a wake-up call and do everything you can to be safe.

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• After a follow-up test showing me to be Covid free (and lucky to be alive). my doctor made sure I understood that being vaccinated and now having the Covid antibodies STILL won't prevent a second case of Covid. He told me to make sure I got some good quality masks and to wear them whenever I'm in a group of people outside of my family. The only ones available were these, so I bought the entire supply of them. I guess it will be a real incentive to make sure I wear a mask and social distance at the same time

• This is probably like asking what oil brand some people use. So yall don't go crazy with this question. ^^

I just knocked on the wood table here for luck before typing this. I am not bragging with the post below..... I'm merely like a lot of people, confused as to why my (catch every cold, weak immune system, out of shape, lazy, and non vaccinated) a$$ hasn't sucked up this virus...

Last month Allison and I were finally kinda forced into getting the vaccine (government tracer chemical) 8o. I say forced... I mentioned to my main employer which is also our family physician that I had not worn a mask, had traveled around most of the Eastern US, shook hands with most people, and eaten in pretty much every sh1thole restaurant. And so far this (super contagious, fast spreading, evil, sneaky virus) had not made its home inside me or my wife. The doctor I work for kinda gave me the speech that we should take it because if we did end up getting the virus we would not have people who may not help us like they would if we had taken the antiviral shot. So we took both rounds of Moderna.

I do genuinely know it's a killer virus. I have lost several close friends that were young and old to it. So I know it's a very real threat. I also know that at any time my wife and I may wake up with it.

I still am curious why it seems to hit certian people no matter their age. I had a close friend that died from it. He was my age, my size, and he was a germaphobe. He washed everything. He even closed his computer shop in town and worked from home. He just thought he had a cold because he had really no direct contact with the outside world and just knew he didn't have Covid. On his 4th day with symptoms he drove himself to the Florence AL hospital and said he felt dizzy and feverish. 4 days later he was dead. That was when I knew this was real and close to home.

Anyway, I didn't type all of this to have people arguing or bantering about the whole antiviral shot being good or bad. I am just curious as to why some seem to be able to lick a door handle and some can't be in the same building that someone infected has walked thru without getting it.

• Robert, I totally understand your point and have no answer to it. Myself, I have had too many grime reaper events that landed me into hospitals and seeing my wife processing the words from the doctor that :he's really in tough shape and we'll do all we can for him". The biggie 3 years ago when she finally listened to me and went home from the hospital just before midnight as I was waiting in the er for an open room was the worst. She called the hospital in the morning to see what room I was in and they told her I was still in the ER waiting for a room in ICU. When she asked how I was doing, they put her through to the nurse in charge of my care who told her "I would suggest you come down if you can, he's in really bad shape." When I finally made it through that event, I said to myself i will NEVER put her into another situation like that if I can help it.

Now being older and with other health issues, I wasn't going to press my luck and did all I could to try to be at the head of the line to get the vaccine. At my age who gives a shit that the government knows I go out for hot-dogs for lunch twice a month, or buy my gas at Shell. There's bigger issues going on that needs my attention. If they're so fucking board with their government jobs that they want to trace all movements of everyone who gets implanted with the "big dog" spy cam, I'll give them a hell of a ride.On the outside chance it is what they say it is - that being a vaccine that gives you the best chance at survival, then sign me up.

I talked to my pharmacist today to see about getting the third Moderna vaccine, only to be disappointed when he asked me if I had had Covid? When I said yes, he told me that I had to wait 3 MONTHS after my first negative Covid test before receiving it. So I have to wait until November to get the third shot, but he assured me that I'm building antibodies after surviving Covid and that may be more valuable than the third shot in the mean time.

There were 2 "experts" last wek who said given the choice of spending hours in a closed room with vaccinated people, or the same room with non vaccinated people who have had and recovered from Covid, you were actually SAFER being in the room with the unvacinated people. Not sure how large a study that reflected if any at all. I just figured why not give myself the best available chance to NOT catch the virus and I'm glad I took the vaccine. With my two trips to the urgent care and one trip to the ER, I was told that I probably would have been on a respirator if I did not get the vaccine and my odds of survival would have been a LOT worst than what I had. And as bad as I was, to be told this was a "MILD" case, helps confirm that answer.

But as to why one gets it while doing everything right and others do nothing out of their normal life and get away without getting sick, is a mystery.

• Georgia and I have been lucky enough to have had a very little dose of the covid last Christmas. We have since had the vaccine, but I think what has helped the most is that she has us on a regiment of vitamins and supplements that are spose to fight off the covid. Those items just make your system a little stronger and don't do any damage.

• I truly have to go along with EjFord and Georgia. That’s exactly what Norma is doing for us. We are not going out a lot but we still go shopping and out to eat, so thinking that is a helping thing to do and besides a few extra vitamins can’t hurt anyone now.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down