Unhappy about an email I recieved from a new member.

• I haven't ever had to make a post like this. And I probably never will again. Im not posting this to anyone in general and im not upset at anyone in particular. I just felt that I need to at least make this post to bring attention to this so it doesnt happen in the future...

The issue....I had a person take time out of their day to send me an email about the way they were treated on the forum. This was a new member and he/she was looking for information on buying a slingshot. I didn't personally see the thread and im not going to search for it because i already am wasting enough time by making this post. I was just advised that the replys they recieved were negative and not helpful. I was also told the content of the replies. Some were great and some not so much..

Here is why i am bringing this up. In the last month i have spent OVER $500.00 paying for someone to help me cross post to facebook and for boosting certian facebook post so they reach a greater audience. WHY...... Im trying my best to bring new members to the forum. We need new people to keep the forum growing.

Back to my issue.... I know this person was really looking for information about making a Slingshot purchase. I also know that they felt like their questions were not taken seriously. And apearantly the post that were made were of no value toward helping make a informed purchase decision.

I know some of you go out of your way to say hi to every new member that post. Thank you very much for that. I dont expect that from everyone. I dont even ask for anyone to post anything when a new member makes a post.

I guess all im asking is that before you post something stop to think about this....... Most people don't have every Slingshot specification memorized like most of us.. So even something that sounds like a stupid question to us should be answered to the best of our ability.

We seem to forget that most of us know each other and how we speak in person. So we know how to take each other.... We need to remember that a new member could be any age or any gender... and they may not understand our humor our brand of humor.....

As i always say... Im not pointing to anyone and i dont want yall to do that either. Just have fun and carry on.

ALSO THIS ISNT RELATED TO THE ABOVE ISSUE AT ALL.. YALL GOTTA CHILL ON THAT CORONAVIRUS THREAD. ITS ALMOST READY TO BE MOVED TO THE NSFW SECTION..... OR EVEN WORSE.... THE POLITICS THREAD.... LOL :P

• “even worse ...the politics thread”

:00008172:

Everybody should be helpful and respectful on this forum. It has and will be not just a place to learn about Slingshots but make lifelong friends - not just on a computer - but in real life. I dunno if I ever told you how much I appreciate you for building this forum and making it a fantastic success. Job well done Sir!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• While I would never intentionally do anything to disrespect the forum or the people in it occasionaly I do engage the keyboard before I engage my thought processer. I'll try to do better in the future.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• With you rabtech ...

Sorry you got called on this.

And I think I know the post.

Didn't weigh in...

but, did seem a bit fishy.

Truth of the matter is...

There are a lot of things I can do...

when it comes to Slingshot.

There are a lot of things I can't do...

about the Slingshot.

One of the things I won't do...

is make a decision concerning the purchase of a Slingshot for someone else.

If someone is considering purchasing a Slingshot and I step on their sleeve...

maybe the necessities in life should outweigh the desire for a Slingshot.

Owning a Slingshot can be a fun experience and a pain in the ass.

Take what we say with a grain of salt and make your own decision.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I put a non-helpful post on that thread but only after the OP appeared to have 'checked out'. Not to disrespect or disregard your statements above rabtech but after reading through the responses again, he/she got several useful and positive responses about learning to drive a manual and just a little banter. Honestly, I think the responses came too quick and the person was either overwhelmed or not ready to join such an active group and bolted. My opinion is that they put more effort into contacting you to whine than they did into getting info from the forum.

I understand your need to expand the forum and I have personally reached out to folks to get them here with varied results but it's not your job or anyone else's to find their 'happy place'.

My apologies for any transgressions on my part.

SlingLow out!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I read what was said on the thread and while it was not "helpful" nothing was really rude so if something like that annoys her enough to call it quits and call daddy(rab) to complain then she definitely doesn't have the tough skin to own a slingshot or hang around here.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• One of the things I won't do...

is make a decision concerning the purchase of a Slingshot for someone else.

I completely agree on this. I've seen members ask for opinions on every single mod they consider (not so much here but on another forum) and it makes me wonder how they decide what color underwear to put on in the morning. If you're looking for a consensus to justify every purchase you consider, don't ask more than one person (by definition a forum is a group of people).

Now if someone asks should I buy the '17 SL with X miles and no mods for eleventy thousand or the '18 SLR with Y miles and a boat load of mods for eleventy million, my response is always Yes! Buy one of them. The fun is worth the price of admission!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I am not sure what thread it was. Like i said.... I had rather just yell at the whole classroom than to call anyone out to the hall. Lol

I absolutely know beyond any doubt that anything posted was not meant to be hurtfull or hatefull. So no worries. I rarely ,,,,, and i mean rarely get any negative feedback from the forum. This one just caught my attention and i wanted to bring it up so we watch out for new members and kinda hand-hold them before we dunk them into the water....

Everyone here knows that I am about as easy going as you can get...... so yall carry on and ill go back in my hole for a while.... :thumbsup:

• Thank You SlingLow I would say the same thing.

• I refer to post number 1611 of the corona thread! Again just my $.02. Thanks rabtech for all you do.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I am not sure what thread it was. Like i said.... I had rather just yell at the whole classroom than to call anyone out to the hall. Lol

I absolutely know beyond any doubt that anything posted was not meant to be hurtfull or hatefull. So no worries. I rarely ,,,,, and i mean rarely get any negative feedback from the forum. This one just caught my attention and i wanted to bring it up so we watch out for new members and kinda hand-hold them before we dunk them into the water....

Everyone here knows that I am about as easy going as you can get...... so yall carry on and ill go back in my hole for a while.... :thumbsup:

“back in my hole” ?????!!!!....

I think cave is more appropriate :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I mentioned this a long time ago.....I have used the search feature for many different things.....much of the time my search was of no help. Even knowing I Had previously read something about what I was searching for....I could not find it.....I don’t know it it’s only me or there is an issue.

There was a person A while ago searching for a slingshot for her better half to surprise them with one. The replies were very helpful. Many offered opinions, posted pictures and links to for sale ads. Not having much if any slingshot experience It’s really hard to buy something like a vehicle from an ad basically sight unseen. They did finally buy one and were more than happy with everything everyone here did to help them...

At that time there was only a manual tranny option...so nobody could have given an opinion or info on An automatic. I bought my first motorcycle without ever riding one before. I knew I wanted one so I bought it and actually had it deliver....(I know)...

Was the issue not knowing how to drive a manual or not knowing if they wanted a manual tranny? Spending that much money and then finding out you don’t like driving a stick shift is going to be a costly mistake...Before dropping that kind of money I would learn how to drive a stick first. Because it’s a pain sometimes..somehow the other day my shoe string got wrapped around the clutch pedal..

• Well, I'll fess up that i too posted a trolling pic. Right or wrong (it probably was wrong) but in all honesty, does anyone really expect to go on a forum for the their first post and ask if they should or shouldn't buy something? You think if you went to an AA forum and asked if you should stop drinking, you'd get both sides to the issue?

I post a lot of interesting things on the forum as well as a lot of humor meant to lighten everyone's day. I get the message clearly and will refrain from posting in the future

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, I'll fess up that i too posted a trolling pic. Right or wrong (it probably was wrong) but in all honesty, does anyone really expect to go on a forum for the their first post and ask if they should or shouldn't buy something? You think if you went to an AA forum and asked if you should stop drinking, you'd get both sides to the issue?

I post a lot of interesting things on the forum as well as a lot of humor meant to lighten everyone's day. I get the message clearly and will refrain from posting in the future

The way that I see it Is if you are not comfortable with yourself then you should not be on a forum talking to a bunch of strangers

• The way that I see it Is if you are not comfortable with yourself then you should not be on a forum talking to a bunch of strangers

I agree, i look at a post like that as a TROLL!

Okay Rab, now it's time to take on all the "How much you'all paying for Insurance threads.

Every person's driving record, credit score, address, marital status, age, State of residency, County of residency, mandatory versus desired coverage, etc. is different.

Soooooooo, it doesn't matter what somebody else is paying, it matters what you are going to pay.

So, get on the phone or online and check out the various options available to you.

• True about insurance, but that thread has saved many people thousands of dollars. Just knowing that there are better prices out there has helped.

When I first bought mine, my independent agent that I've been with for years quoted me $1k a year as the best price. Once I found one of those threads and was pointed to Dan in Houston, he quoted me something like $200 a year for the bare minimum, but did talk me into a few upsells that made sense and I settled in at $350 a year, which is a no brainer over 1k.

We'll have newbies posting the same old info, we can help them out by showing them the best way to search (via google as "site:slingshotinfo.com search term")

while the built in search works ok, it's not as good as google

• I think I have already said this about State Farm. I had been paying I think $350 since 2015 for Sling I. When I bought the 2016 Sling II around this time last year, State Farm wanted $750 a year for the 2016. WAIT FOR IT! Supposed to be the same policy and I still own the 2015. 2015=$350 2016= $750 Now I have Sling I and Sling II and also the 2013 Harley Softail Slim for $750 a year thru Progressive with better coverage.