OMG what just happened In Orlando

• My deepest prayers are with the familes of the ones murdered and the victims and their familes also......

What I don't understand, the killer was interviewed twice by the FBI for radical connections and no body every put a note in a database that would prevent him from owning a gun, or working as a security guard...

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• WHY!?! ...all these terrorist attacks start and end the same way.. we have the largest quantity of guns per citizen in the entire world.. where are your guns America? And I speak to myself and @airoutlaw as well.... why are we not carrying every single place we go? So theres a sign outside that says "No firearms or Weapons Permitted", so what?!? NOW, when the world is morally corrupt, and coming apart at the seams, NOW everybody is law abiding and compliant??
    Guess I am the stupid one...
    Im the one that when bullied on the playground, I stood back up and went back for more even if I knew it was better to stay down.
    Im the one that when a man hit a woman in front of me, I defended her even if I didnt have a fighting chance..
    Im the one that defended myself when a man put me in the corner, even though I knew, I was weaker.
    I'll be the one, that gets shot first.. because while everyone else is running from the gunman, Im the one that will be running towards him. Cause I'm the stupid one.

"You may not believe in guns. You may not believe in God. That is your choice.
    But if someone breaks into your house, the first two things your going to do is
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there fast." Anonymous Quote

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• WHY!?! ...all these terrorist attacks start and end the same way.. we have the largest quantity of guns per citizen in the entire world.. where are your guns America? And I speak to myself and @airoutlaw as well.... why are we not carrying every single place we go? So theres a sign outside that says "No firearms or Weapons Permitted", so what?!? NOW, when the world is morally corrupt, and coming apart at the seams, NOW everybody is law abiding and compliant??

Guardian_angel very well expressed!

• Trust me my friends. If I'm ever near you or next to you and I get shot quickly lift up my shirt and grab my 15 round Glock 20 and shot back. If I don't get shot hit the deck because there will be rounds capping. My 10mm is like a 357 magnum in a semi-auto :00007983:

• I can't wait for the first time one of these jihad animals - cowards tries this and a lawful concealed carrier draws his weapon and blows his head off. It does happen from time to time on a much smaller scale but is NEVER reported by the liberal media. Sad part is with Obama's Justice Dept they would probably find some reason to prosecute rather than give em a medal.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Good question. They had a LEO on the scene ( paid Orange County Deputies as security)
    that responded immediately but could not gain control of the situation. What is the answer?

• Sorry @Travis I was gleening through the replies when "quickly lift up my skirt" appeared. First thought, WTH?! Then actually read your reply, relieved. Carry on.

Trust me my friends. If I'm ever near you or next to you and I get shot quickly lift up my shirt and grab my 15 round Glock 20 and shot back. If I don't get shot hit the deck because there will be rounds capping. My 10mm is like a 357 magnum in a semi-auto :00007983:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @bubba - great question! We have to quit being politically correct and treat these animals like we did the Nazis because they are the same. They must be annihilated. The answer to your question is pretty much nothing you can do when someone radicalized has decided they are going to attack in an area they know is a soft target. Especially when they think they are going to become a martyr. They key is giving law enforcement expanded powers to gain intelligence and surveil these dangerous individuals. The current administration has no stomach for this and I don't see any improvement until Obama is a memory.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The answer is this: none of us know exactly what we would do in those situations without being there.. I assume this LEO was trained properly, I assume he had experience. Maybe those assumptions are incorrect. Orlando is a major metropolitan area... I would assume they have a major training program in place as well as tactical training... maybe he was fresh off the LEO line and the most experience he'd had was writing tickets and responding to domestic disputes... maybe he was slow to move from effects of alcohol. They still serve alcohol in bars right? That doesnt cloud judgement, or affect motor skills at all... :huh: maybe he waited too long waiting for the right moment... too many variables to consider.
    As for me, there have been many times my feet were moving instinctually before my mind had time to process danger and analyze it... sometimes they moved the right way, most times they moved like two left feet... so when I said Id be shot first, it would probably be because my feet were moving me to stop him, right in front of his barrel before my brain could say WRONG WAY STUPID...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Not all LOE's are trained in tactical situations. Most, have the basics, but have no real training. I have 17 years of training and experience in gangs and terrorist movements and tactics, along with the regular training that all LOE's have. No lie, most LOE's have no clue when it comes to this. My body is shot now, had to resign my position in Feb. or I would be there. Now I'm just a guy who sit at a desk and writes policies for my department and I might get a call for my so called expertize. In reality, there are no experts in a situation like that. All you can do is rely on training and experience.

• it's very sad news indeed. Not to diminish the tragedy expressed in this thread, but @iNewton maybe we could meet for dinner one of the nights you're here?

would love to !!! :) we are heading to daytona for 3-4 days on august 9th if my memory serves me well, then to Disney for 8 or 9 days.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I'm going to put this out there as an observation that either has not been made or there is a refusal to note it as it could redirect the narrative being written. First I have to say that I am making a huge assertion here with little facts to back it up. It has to do with the places a terrorist would choose to attack. In this case a nightclub that most attendees more than likely have a view point regarding weapons. Point is that the odds were very low that anyone there would have a weapon to respond. There are also reports of his interest in Disney World. Again a place that we all know would not have people with weapons for the most part. Ever been at the front gate to get into the park. More than enough victim's to make your point.
    Don't get me wrong this was a horrible hate crime, as all crimes involve hate. I just think there is a reason more deep than just a hate narrative. It's about maximum impact with as little resource required. You want see an attack at a NRA meeting.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I'm going to put this out there as an observation that either has not been made or there is a refusal to note it as it could redirect the narrative being written. First I have to say that I am making a huge assertion here with little facts to back it up. It has to do with the places a terrorist would choose to attack. In this case a nightclub that most attendees more than likely have a view point regarding weapons. Point is that the odds were very low that anyone there would have a weapon to respond. There are also reports of his interest in Disney World. Again a place that we all know would not have people with weapons for the most part.

I believe in FL, firearms are not allowed to be carried in clubs or bars. Someone can back me up, but if that is the case, every bar would be a known "gun-free zone."