When going turbo, do you think its a requirement to get better shocks?

• I am getting ready to go stage 1 turbo and have seen that others are talking about the stress that it adds to the ride due to taking off and power and all the other factors of turbo to the slings angle drive. Do you believe that with the addition of power and other stuff that it is necessary to get new shocks that might be better than the stock items?:COILOVERSS:

• I know its a bit off topic, but I think you will find that most people here with any experience on the subject will tell you that better shocks / coilovers are a basic mod that should be done as one of the first mods on all Slingshots regardless of whether they are NA or boosted

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That's why I stray away from adjustable anything. Probably would always wonder are they adjusted right for this road or that road. Love my jru gts

Exactly!!!

I got JRI GT's for pretty much that reason - - with adjustable I would drive myself crazy constantly wondering if I should tweak something

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That's why I stray away from adjustable anything. Probably would always wonder are they adjusted right for this road or that road. Love my jru gts

Ditto!

Exactly!!!

I got JRI GT's for pretty much that reason - - with adjustable I would drive myself crazy constantly wondering if I should tweak something

And ditto!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I picked up the DDM 3-way adjustable over Christmas and they made a huge difference. The nice thing with those is DDM Works provides recommended settings for different driving conditions (around town, mountain / twisty road, track, and drag strip) and those have been right on the mark (at least town and twisty - no track time). Now real easy to set them to a comfortable setting when driving around town / running errands and bump it up to a more sportier setting when on my favorite twisty road.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I noticed a huge difference after going with the Hahn turbo. Having the factory shocks...traction was an issue. I decided I would just get a wider tire...it didn't really remedy the traction issue. When I got a set of QA1's and adjusted them over time, I was able to hook up quite a bit better vs the factory shocks. It's not a need, but it's a really big bonus depending on your driving style.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I am getting ready to go stage 1 turbo and have seen that others are talking about the stress that it adds to the ride due to taking off and power and all the other factors of turbo to the slings angle drive. Do you believe that with the addition of power and other stuff that it is necessary to get new shocks that might be better than the stock items?:COILOVERSS:

Not a requirement, but when we are doing builds here, we usually like to keep everything balanced. So when we add power, we try to also have the customer improve braking and handling. Fortunately the brakes are pretty easy to do, a simple change to the Hawk 5.0 pads works for most folks. The handling has a lot more options, but our 3 way coilovers are definitely our best seller. A good set of tires is also a good thing to look into. None of these are needed, but something you might think of doing as you can.

Dave

• Exactly!!!

Speaking of which, I waited for 5 and some years for a vendor to develop a simple non-adjustable shock that served a single purpose, create an easier, smoother ride compared to stock shocks for under $900 a set. Temptation, and curiosity, finally got the better of me where I bit the bullet and purchased a used set of double knob QA1s, in which after spending a couple of weeks experimenting, low and behold I find that I have coincidentally ended up in the same adjustment range that DDM Works suggests for the street setup for their shocks. I may try fine tuning these shocks a bit more, but for the long run they probably are going to remain set pretty close to where they are now. So, even though I had to go with much more shock than what I was actually needing, ultimately it appears that I have been able to achieve the ride in which I was seeking within the price range in which I am comfortable with.

Bill