Bearings or Angle Drive

• If you haven't adjusted your belt in 10K miles, check it too. A finger test is enough to see if it's too loose or not.

100,000 miles and never adjusted the belt except when they did the swing arm recall and? I do not think I have even checked it but 2 or 3 times and that was to take a measurement for someone on here

• Wow! Thanks for the great video. God forbid I ever hear any of that noise, but at least I'll know what it is.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I just ordered an angle drive from Ronnie's Mail Order ($1372.79 w/FREE shipping and no tax) for my 2015 Slingshot. I had changed the angle drive lube to Redline Heavy Shockproof at around 22,000 miles and changed it again at 58,000 miles, again using Redline Heavy SHockproof, but as explained in this thread (Anybody have any idea if the 2020 Angle Drive will fit older models) Post 48 & 50, I may have inadvertently not filled the angle drive completely as I was later able to add more Redline Heavy Shockproof using a thinner tube that fit between the big gear and the angle drive housing. IT now makes so much noise that I decided to try to order replacement angle drive since I don't really know how long it might take to get one.

Update - Told the Wife that I'll have my credit card paid down far enough that if I can't get the new angle drive within a reasonable amount of time, I plan on ordering a Quad kit. Of course I didn't tell her how much it'll cost with a limited-slip differential! Hopefully, there'll be a Memorial Day sale!

Update 2 - Just received an email from Ronnie's Mail Order stating my new Angle Drive should be delivered this Friday! Oh well, I guess I won't be springing for the Quad kit!:| Hopefully, I'll get to buy more tools and a few mode mods for the Slingshot!:thumbsup:

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• [quote='MACAWS','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10005-bearings-or-angle-drive/&postID=343171#post343171']

Thanks Mitch,

As soon as it stops raining I'll give it a shot. Need to get her right for Slingshots Uncorked

Are you coming for Friday and Saturday?

Need to update my head counts

[/quote]

Friday and Saturday. Ride up Friday for distillery ride. Have reservations.

• Mitch,
    Went down for ride this morning and no whine. Washed belt snd checked tension OK.
    I’m baffled. Wondering if belt may have loosened. Put 300 miles her and last 160 or so 75-80 but not hard. Temps in mid 40s-50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I gave up worrying if the whine was normal or something I needed to worry about. I also use the volume setting to do away with it now but I have a second way. I just remove my hearing aids and put them in the cup holder. With a 85 db hearing loss my sling has no noises. This machine has more noises then anything I have ever owned.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• SoCal Well I would buy the mods but don't have the talent to install them and would guess you just don't take your Sling to the local shop to get them done.

Nope! I am pretty good with a wrench and enjoy tinkering but I’m still wet behind the ears compared to many in this crew!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I envy you guys that are good with a wrench. I can turn a wrench petty well but am not going to take a chance of screwing up my Sling. If it was broke that would be a different story. It is the many years of not knowing where to tap with that hammer that I don't have.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have notice that the wine in mine is somehow connected the the volume knob on my stereo - all I need to do is turn it to the right and I can't hear it any more.!

Just keep listen and wash it anyway - couldn't hurt - I am sure you will be fine

Connected to the volume knob.....smh

• Thanks for all the support guys. Those of you who are serious wrench turners my 🧢 s off to you. My such days are long gone. 😒🥲🥲. For us helo flyers there there are only two positions on the volume off snd full bore. Tested after second wash no helmet. Will take hearing aids out next go.
    Getting her serviced before Slingshots Uncorked. So she should be good. Thanks. 👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk