STYLN's running for PRESIDENT!!

• So for the last two months, with all the things in life such as work, business, high school football coaching, being a father and a good husband, I've also been campaigning for my unions Chapter President position. If elected, I will oversee 18 prison institutions and all of our members within those facilities. Just another challenge I'd like to thrown on my table of things to devour!! LOL

Ballots will be counted in Sacramento on Wednesday May 18th and if enough votes sway my way, I will be the new Chapter President as of 5 p.m PST the same day!

I'm looking forward in making the necessary positive changes that our members have been seeking for a looooong time and hope to add more intuition to our profession for the future! As if life isn't crazy enough I'm hoping I succeed!!

So, if you are in the Sacramento area and would like to have dinner afterwards, please shoot me a PM. I'm already looking forward to meeting @NatomasSlingshot1 on Wednesday and hope maybe a few more could join....WIN OR LOSE IT WILL BE FUN! :00000436::00000455:

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Unfortunately I must say if you win I have no desire to visit you at work...

Damn Mitch!! I was hoping you could be my "Monica"!!! We don't do cigars here in Cali though brother!! wink-squared:00009069:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Good luck to you sir!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Make sure you don't become that guy that takes a management job after the first negotiations. ;) Those are some shady folks.

Trust me brother I know!! We have been dealing with tragic and fickle leadership for the last 4 years! Its time for a change and I don't play politics well....I've already had to appeal a situation which may get me a re-vote should the outcome be favored the other way. Rules were clearly broken during this campaign by non other than the heads of our union and fortunately I have people of higher power on my side!

I have stood up to union officials and clearly pointed out some wrong doings in the past so now that I'm running there is a HUGE push from certain folks that have no say, wanting me in the position! Needless to say if I win, they have already said they will retire shortly after!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Trust me brother I know!! We have been dealing with tragic and fickle leadership for the last 4 years! Its time for a change and I don't play politics well....I've already had to appeal a situation which may get me a re-vote should the outcome be favored the other way. Rules were clearly broken during this campaign by non other than the heads of our union and fortunately I have people of higher power on my side!
    I have stood up to union officials and clearly pointed out some wrong doings in the past so now that I'm running there is a HUGE push from certain folks that have no say, wanting me in the position! Needless to say if I win, they have already said they will retire shortly after!

I was a Union official for a few years and was in on 4 different contract negotiations. What you are stepping into is the same as politics, they only care about themselves and not the people they represent. Take care of what is best for your membership and do it right. The ones that are against you are the same one's getting some kind of payoff. Good Luck

• I was a Union official for a few years and was in on 4 different contract negotiations. What you are stepping into is the same as politics, they only care about themselves and not the people they represent. Take care of what is best for your membership and do it right. The ones that are against you are the same one's getting some kind of payoff. Good Luck

Thank you kindly for the words of wisdom! I hope after tomorrow we can make a stand for what is right for our members and not the politics of the "unions" best interest. Its funny you mention negotiations because we are currently conducting one for our next 2 year state contract!

Im happy to know that so many have posted with their thoughts and that should I need more than just slingshot related advice I can turn here!

Thank you folks! You are all great in your very own individual way!!!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Good luck brother, I've been a IBEW local369 member since 1980 and a member of IUE-CWA local 83761 since 2005. And I was a union steward representing 240 maintenance members up until a few years ago. It's a thankless job and you will never please everyone. But if you use your head and make decisions from your heart your members will respect you and you will sleep well at night. Again, good luck and make 'em proud !

• Good luck brother, I've been a IBEW local369 member since 1980 and a member of IUE-CWA local 83761 since 2005. And I was a union steward representing 240 maintenance members up until a few years ago. It's a thankless job and you will never please everyone. But if you use your head and make decisions from your heart your members will respect you and you will sleep well at night. Again, good luck and make 'em proud !

That is what I am talking about

• I always feel bad for our Presidents, for the most part they try their best. When they are presented crap contracts and can't get anywhere, people think they are not trying their best. I know better and try to enlighten others.

We are in a ridiculous, unfair, no win , "last best" contract scenario. Where as, if the mediator feels we can not reach an agreement we are forced to take their "LAST "best"" offer. There is no incentive for the other side to offer us anything, or even work with us on a fair contract.

Oh, and since we are "vital services in local government", it is illegal for us to strike. I always call us a "paper union".

Edited once, last by WOLF ().