CRAZY A__ NEIGHBORS!

• @airoutlaw is going to be highly upset when he awakens from his slumber...
    Got served summons to court papers for neighbors down at the end of this road. Seems they are trying to sue each and every resident along this barely 1/2 mile private dirt road... "punitive damages regarding, illegal trespass with malice intentions, property damages, court and attorney costs...."
    We live in the woods, actually each house is surrounded by woods, on a county road only recognized by 911 ems offices, NOT the post office, NOT schoolbuses, NOR the garbage trucks... which means we all have our mailboxes at the end of the dirt road, along with our garbage bins... yes its a trip in the 4 wheeler to check the mail or take the trash "to the road".
    This couple of elderly 'yahoos' has sued the same people on this road 2xs before for property line dispute, and was resolved with each party getting a survey. NOW, it seems they have, as stated in summons complaint, been in "hostile possesion" of their own property.
    These people are crazy. And apparently have nothing better to do in their "golden years"... :cursing:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• @airoutlaw is going to be highly upset when he awakens from his slumber...

This couple of elderly 'yahoos' has sued the same people on this road 2xs before for property line dispute, and was resolved with each party getting a survey. NOW, it seems they have, as stated in summons complaint, been in "hostile possesion" of their own property.

I "liked" this, but I don't understand the basis of the lawsuit...

• @MACAWS is correct! One of the best defenses is go on the offense. Tell your lawyer to cover their attorney in motions that will result in huge billable hours. They will quickly decide that their case is frivolous and the only winner is their attorney! Law school 101..... :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @MACAWS is correct! One of the best defenses is go on the offense. Tell your lawyer to cover their attorney in motions that will result in huge billable hours. They will quickly decide that their case is frivolous and the only winner is their attorney! Law school 101..... :thumbsup:

As you can see I have been on the other side of Bill's table more than once!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

What is their actual complaint ? ..

2 formal complaints filed against ALL adjoining property owners...
    Count one: Right to Quiet something... I forgot the wording, but in a nutshell, they have been under hostile duress trying to keep everyone or just one, off their property.. claiming trees have been cut, fences erected, crops planted... And in doing so have caused punitive damages to their property. They also dispute property lines... Which they have done several times in the past 35 years.. yea, this is the 3rd time they have sued the residents on that road for something... All of which were dismissed.
    Count 2: criminal trespass with malicious intent which has cause for punitive damages.
    Also they are suing for attorneys fees, court costs and any other relief.
    Steve is counter suing for harassment and dismissal. The harassment comes from being continually sued with no tangible proof that ANYONE ANYWHERE has entered upon their property, and suits are always solved by a dismissal.
    These "crackers" are 80 something's...
    And hellbent on suing SOMEBODY and winning, before they croak.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I "liked" this, but I don't understand the basis of the lawsuit...

EXACTLY! They have no proof, no photos, they don't know WHO IF ANYONE has been on their property, so they sued ALL ADJOINING. they previously sued to say the road the leads to everyone's house was actually their land, THEIR DRIVEWAY, as they are the very last house.... It was dismissed. They sued all that live on that road to have the trees cut back from over the road cause it was scrapping against their church bus... It was also dismissed. Yes folks, these are the "Christians" that give REAL CHRISTIANS a bad name.
    Steve has had 3 surveys done in 36 years, they B________ about each and every one being WRONG. They hired their own surveyor, AND THAT SURVEYOR GAVE MORE TOWARDS STEVES PROPERTY! LOL! That pissed them off as well.

• I am sure if you all put your heads together you can come up with some sort of counter suit that will cost them money. Attrition is what wins most cases. I know here in Virginia you can not land lock someone that may be an angle. Do you guys have an easement?

yes, we do. Signed from all persons. Same people living there now, has been living there for 40 + years

• Is it a different attorney every time?? If same one and case is deemed frivolous you can have your lawyer seek sanctions against opposing counsel PLUS pay your attorney fees. That should end it once and for all!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Wow, sorry for you guys. Seems ludicrous that they would openly admit to people going across their property for many years. Generally this is called an implied easement and they would lose all rights of blockage. States vary in this but it generally is 7 to 10 years. Might be worth asking lawyer about as it would shut them up 4 ever and even the next owner.

• funny thing about that easement, they built their house at the end of the road that was already established..