Steering wheel off-center -- UPDATE

• One more thing...why isn’t there a true laser video of them doing a slingshot? And I don’t want the camera 40 feet away so you can’t see what he’s actually doing when he’s wrenching. He could be wearing a go pro...

Which brings up a good idea...maybe I’ll film my guy...

• One more thing...why isn’t there a true laser video of them doing a slingshot? And I don’t want the camera 40 feet away so you can’t see what he’s actually doing when he’s wrenching. He could be wearing a go pro...

Which brings up a good idea...maybe I’ll film my guy...

Please film it from start to finish, I would love to watch that!

• Please film it from start to finish, I would love to watch that!

So would I. I do alignments every day for a living and I would love to see what they are doing and how they are doing it. No changes are made to the rear but you have to know where the rear is at to make the front adjustments to line up the front tires to the rear with the 1/4" of total of toe in.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• So would I. I do alignments every day for a living and I would love to see what they are doing and how they are doing it. No changes are made to the rear but you have to know where the rear is at to make the front adjustments to line up the front tires to the rear with the 1/4" of total of toe in.
    SSREAPER

Drive your SS North 225miles to Edgewater and meet Mike Loescher and watch him align your SS, It will be a better ride home and you will be wanting to buy his laser system. I can then ride over from Ft Myers and let you do mine. :D

• I can film but I don’t do Facebook,Twitter, post to YouTube or anything else..

no big deal - if you really will film it you can attach the file to an e-mail or a pm and send it directly

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If for this example in “C” the front end needs to shift right 3/8” to be square with the rear wheel. Do you turn the green arrow adjusting nuts to extend the right wheel over (out) 3/8” to the right and the left wheel in (left) 3/8” and then adjust the toe in?

First of all is that correct or do I have it wrong?

Second, What effect will that have on the steering wheel?

• the file would be too big to send wouldn’t it? I’ve had very short videos (seconds) be too big to attach to email.

why are you making excuses before you even try - - are you even going to film it?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Not an excuse.....I’ve had very short videos only a few seconds long that would not attach because they were too big...

First of all I have to sit down with him and have a discussion about the entire procedure. I’m going to show him some written info a video on the subject. And then I need to have his permission to film. I’m not on any social media and have no knowledge of where or how to post a video on the internet.

Can a video be posted directly to the forum?

The official Polaris alignment kit comes with a steering wheel holder....so is anybody using a steering wheel holder to do the alignment? After all the specs say only a 1/16” toe in per side...a tiny steering wheel movement will
    throw that off.

• On page 487....

No where in the service manual does it say anything about front wheels being squared to the rear wheel. Not saying it doesn’t need to be....but why don’t they mention it? Doesn’t that seem odd?

And to center the steering wheel it must be removed.

@Reaper, can you answer the question in post 68?

• Drive your SS North 225miles to Edgewater and meet Mike Loescher and watch him align your SS, It will be a better ride home and you will be wanting to buy his laser system. I can then ride over from Ft Myers and let you do mine. :D

Or you BOTH can drive over to Edgewater and have Mike do the alignment, then the three of us can go to the Wing House for lunch

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So I took her in for the 500 mile service oil change and told the service rep about the steering wheel not being centered yet again. The response I got from the service team was that the Sparco steering wheels that come with the SLR have forks in them that either go slightly to the left of center or slightly right of center. I also asked about getting a real alignment on the SS and they said no one has a 3 wheel alignment machine and they use measurements (whatever that means). BTW, I'm not saying my SS needs wheel alignment because it does NOT drift to either side when you are driving straight. However, the steering wheel is slightly off center when you are driving straight down the road.

Is this BS or truth?

You should probably start looking for a different servicing dealer

• I used two, one for each side, four foot florescent tubes bungeed to the outside of the front wheels, centered front to back. Measured front to back using the metal prongs, gave it an 1/8 inch total tow in. I have over 12k on the front tires and just lost the "kenda" on the center rib. Rear tire was replaced at 12551 miles with tread still on it, changed to increase sidewall height for a better ride, not due to wear.

Works from me and it was free.

LC

• I used two, one for each side, four foot florescent tubes bungeed to the outside of the front wheels, centered front to back. Measured front to back using the metal prongs, gave it an 1/8 inch total tow in. I have over 12k on the front tires and just lost the "kenda" on the center rib. Rear tire was replaced at 12551 miles with tread still on it, changed to increase sidewall height for a better ride, not due to wear.

Works from me and it was free.

LC

Really????????????????? I mean REALLY????????????????? Over 12K miles on a rear tire????????????????????? That has to be a record! :00000436:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868