Hazards don’t Flash

• I now have over 41,000 miles on the Slingshot I bought Sept 2015...Have had several warrantee things completed recently. I did buy the extended 3 year Polaris warrantee...The price on the extended program can be discounted.
    We have never talked about mileage with this program and my dealer knows I do lots of miles....

• I work in the automotive sales end of the business. Federal law HIGHLY regulates both factory and the extended side of the warranty. State laws only supersedes the federal if their laws are tougher. This is rare. Any dealer that gives you a hassle as far as a factory warranty is business "ignorant". They are completely reimbursed by the manufacturer. In most cases warranty repair work pays a better rate than customer repair work. Warranty repair work is rarely challenged by the manufacturer in this day an age of manufacturers running "scared" because of NHTSA mandated recalls & such. They take care of stuff beforehand. Gone are the days of manufacturers doing "campaigns" on vehicles. It is a flatout recall that stays on the VHR of the vehicle forever. If you ever have a problem with a dealer hassling you over warranty work, you have numerous avenues of recourse. Most of which will back the end consumer about 95% of the time!!! As far as extended warranties go, dealers cannot outright "own" extended warranties. This from several lawsuits through the early 2000's. They make big $ off extended warranties. The warranty providers due have the right to have the vehicle inspected if it isn't purchased the day the vehicle is purchased. Again, most don't. Big $ made for both warranty provider and dealer. The dealer makes $ on the warranty each month it is in place unless the consumer cancels or trades the vehicle. After about 24 months the "charge back" period for the dealer has ended. The dealer wants to see you in there with warranty claims. They are making $ on both ends. Sales and service. Sorry about the ramble, but my 2 cents!!!

CDCAMEL6

• I tried to buy an extended warranty and the dealer told me I had to do it on the day of vehicle purchase.

Someone is lying here. Just saying. You can purchase extended warranty up until the factory warranty expires. I was told that the Slingshot cannot have been in an accident that lists it as rebuilt on the title, I assume that is true. Also, the extended warranty may not cover drive train if performance mods have been made. The warranty can be purchased at any location, and used at any dealer. Bigdog you were told this by several members here before. Perhaps you forgot, so here's the place you can buy the extended warranty for $975. Go down to post #4.

Discounted extended Warranty

• Someone is lying here. Just saying. You can purchase extended warranty up until the factory warranty expires. I was told that the Slingshot cannot have been in an accident that lists it as rebuilt on the title, I assume that is true. Also, the extended warranty may not cover drive train if performance mods have been made. The warranty can be purchased at any location, and used at any dealer. Bigdog you were told this by several members here before. Perhaps you forgot, so here's the place you can buy the extended warranty for $975. Go down to post #4.

I bought my extended warrantee about a year after I purchased the Slingshot and got a better price than shown here.

• Warranties Changed from dealer to dealer some dealers offered 2 year unlimited some offered other plans but extended warranty is something anyone should be able to buy Polaris sent out flyers about it I also purchased my extended warranty about 14 months after purchase date I actually purchased my extended warranty as my angle drive was being replaced. As to what will be voided because of turbo or supercharger definitely the motor if it blows Polaris isn’t that dumb they know your aren’t goin to blow a stock motor.but I’m running a turbo and they did my angle drive. But my dealer won’t send Polaris pictures of my engine bay. If u aren’t happy with ur dealer find another

• Someone is lying here. Just saying. You can purchase extended warranty up until the factory warranty expires. I was told that the Slingshot cannot have been in an accident that lists it as rebuilt on the title, I assume that is true. Also, the extended warranty may not cover drive train if performance mods have been made. The warranty can be purchased at any location, and used at any dealer. Bigdog you were told this by several members here before. Perhaps you forgot, so here's the place you can buy the extended warranty for $975. Go down to post #4.

@Goats_Hogs is absolutely correct about a vehicle having a "branded" title when it comes to purchasing an extended warranty. Very little discretion about when and where you buy or have the vehicle serviced when you buy an extended warranty. As long as it has a "Clean" VHR. If you sell an extended warranty, it has to be able to be sold until the manufacturer warranty has expired!!! FEDERAL LAW- no questions need be asked!!

CDCAMEL6

• Long overdue update:
    I ordered the fog light install kit and when it arrived I noticed that it’s switch had the same interface as my hazards switch. So today I decided to see if it was the switch that was the problem. But before I did that, I thought, “Hey there is another wire back behind the radio with the same connector as the hazard that operates the fog lights...maybe I got them mixed up when I installed the garage door opener months ago.” Neither wire has much play in the length and as it turns out, I connected the wrong wire to the hazard switch! Eureka! It works!

And I’m still an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Great you were able to find the error and get things working...