Rear Protection Anyone?

• @Goats_Hogs, I'm with you when it comes to using good products to make life easier LOL I'm actually looking forward to giving these products a try. I may even consider doing a few coats on the sport bike while I wait for completion of my trailer. I'm definitely going to apply it to wheels, as I'm not a fan of brake dust. You've put quite a few miles on your SS. What model sling do you have? What size rear tire are you running? I'm trying to resist the urge to run a 285 right off the back and try to get more time with the factory setup but the stance of the 285 and 305 make it hard.

I guess SlingLow was right about us us filling time while waiting lol

I've got the 2016.5 and I just put the 305 on it and even my wife can tell the difference. Much better look and it's what the ss should have had stock.

RNJ12

• @rnj12 thanks for sending the pictures and giving the feedback!! That 305 really changes the look of the rear end of the sling!

@SlingLow I received a brochure from Polaris yesterday that showed where they were making the changes for the rear tire. I was initially hesitant to jump so quickly up to the 305, without an incremental step with the 285 but now I'm almost sold. I passed on buying the SLR because a lot of the "R" options that were decorative would be coming off at some point so it wasn't cost effective for me but I really wanted that rear tire. So, I can just run the 305 without any other suspension upgrades needed correct?

• @rnj12 thanks for sending the pictures and giving the feedback!! That 305 really changes the look of the rear end of the sling!

@SlingLow I received a brochure from Polaris yesterday that showed where they were making the changes for the rear tire. I was initially hesitant to jump so quickly up to the 305, without an incremental step with the 285 but now I'm almost sold. I passed on buying the SLR because a lot of the "R" options that were decorative would be coming off at some point so it wasn't cost effective for me but I really wanted that rear tire. So, I can just run the 305 without any other suspension upgrades needed correct?

That is correct even though you didn't ask me. On the Polaris website they have advertised the 305 upgrade for a while but it's just the stock looking rims. I will however be upgrading my shocks to Hahn QA'S.

RNJ12

• That is correct even though you didn't ask me. On the Polaris website they have advertised the 305 upgrade for a while but it's just the stock looking rims. I will however be upgrading my shocks to Hahn QA'S.

RNJ12

@rnj12 thanks again and the question was for any member with seat time...that was willing to give the correct information and of course and honest feedback of the setup. I'm like a kid soaking up everything Sling related and mine hasn't made it into the driveway yet LOL By the time it makes it here, I'll have enough mods to keep me busy for a bit. So, now I'm going to start hunting for a spare OEM factory wheel that I can toss that 305 on :). I'm trying hard not to contact the dealer and have them just add a new one but my inner frugal self tells me to save that money for another mod lol

• Only the SLR rim can take a 305... I believe an SL 20 inch wheel only takes maybe 295? Unless you stretch out like @funinthesun...

A 285/30/20 is the widest you can go on the stock 20x9 sl rear wheel. The 295 isn't close enough in height to not cause an issue with the abs/traction control. The 345 does look impressive on the back end of the slingshot

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• A 285/30/20 is the widest you can go on the stock 20x9 sl rear wheel. The 295 isn't close enough in height to not cause an issue with the abs/traction control. The 345 does look impressive on the back end of the slingshot

Yes I agree 345 looks very impressive. What is a good number as far as air pressure in the 305/20 as well as the 275/20?

RNJ12

• @MiM thanks for the clarification! I've received different responses in regards to the swing arm size needed to run the 305 but I'd rather stay on the side of safe than sorry. I know that a couple of people with turbos are running the SLR wheel with the 305 without any swing arm changes. In the end, 285/295 in Gmax will be the direction I'm heading! I still have no regrets grabbing the SL despite having to run the smaller tire as noted. If further seat time by those who've only switched to the SLR wheels yield no issues with running the 305 on an SL I'll perhaps be doing that in the future. Thanks again.

Okay Mim, I see where you clarified the wheel SL vs SLR. Thanks.

• Yes I agree 345 looks very impressive. What is a good number as far as air pressure in the 305/20 as well as the 275/20?

RNJ12

I used to have the 285/30/20 and ran 26 psi and had no issues with it. It wore fairly evenly (edges to center) and the ride was softer than running it at the stock 32 psi suggestion

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I used to have the 285/30/20 and ran 26 psi and had no issues with it. It wore fairly evenly (edges to center) and the ride was softer than running it at the stock 32 psi suggestion

OK I'm at 36 (came with 40)i will go down to 28 then 26. Thank you.

RNJ12

• WOW!! Talk about an informative space filler/hijack momentarily posts, SlingLow has been gracious to allow me to gather so much more needed information. Thank you to everyone who's contributed during the commercial break @MiM @Goats_Hogs @rnj12 @funinthesun @Neosolidus @SlingLow and anyone else that I may have missed who've responded to my questions that may have been covered numerous times before.

• Where are the pics of the other colors that actually go with this thread.

Geezzzzzzz :POKESS:

Coming soon. 2 sheets of diamond plate picked up yesterday and cut today. Will be in to the powder coaters asap. They are busy and talking 2 weeks turnaround. I bet I can do better than that.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)