How to quit smoking

• Is the annoying smoking vapes an option? You can get the one with the HUGE batter pack same size as the ss engine and Carty that around for a puff now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I'm not trying argumentive, it just sounded like the e-cig might be the way to go. The VA just called, and they'll be sending me chantex. So I guess I'll be going thst route. Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated. Wish me luck, or will power, or something, lol

• I smoked for over 50 years, so I not one to preach. You have to decide which you want to deal with. They have already told you that they will not do the back surgery if you are smoking. How's that pain working out for you? Is that reason enough or do you still want that nagging cough each night before you go to sleep. How do you think it feels when your grand kids tell you that you stink? Do I still want a smoke after quitting? You bet but I just remember why I gave it up and move on. Just the other evening, my wife and I were out in the Sling for a ride and she pulls out a pack of Juicy Fruit gum as we were going 40mph and I got the smell that I hadn't had in years! Man did that gum taste good. It's all up to you. Decide when you want to quit making excuses. I finally did!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I'm not trying argumentive, it just sounded like the e-cig might be the way to go. The VA just called, and they'll be sending me chantex. So I guess I'll be going thst route. Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated. Wish me luck, or will power, or something, lol

Forget the e-cig, I tried that and hated it. Get on the Chantix after you have made up your mind to quit. Take it exactly as it says! In a week you will see yourself cutting down. It got to the point with me that I would only smoke half a cigarette. Set a date about 3 weeks out from when you start to quit for good and get rid of everything involved. I did it and so can you. If you need help, message me!

Good luck!!!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I could quit smoking if I quit drinking fine Kentucky bourbon - I could quit drinking fine Kentucky bourbon I could quit smoking - I could quit smoking if I quit drinking fine Kentucky bourbon........ does anybody see the problem ?(?(;(:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Either you want to quit or not. I quit cold turkey after my first triple bypass in 1996. Sixteen years and a day to the second, the average at the time was 14 years. How much more time do you want to spend with your family? I also had two fused (bone to bone) in 2005 3-4 and 4-5 lower I was good for about 3 years

So, what happened after 3yrs? Did you have to get it redone?

• Thanks

So, what happened after 3yrs? Did you have to get it redone?

lost some of the mobility because of the two fusions, but you then start to over work the areas above and below the fusion. So now I have some of the pain every day and it can be bad. So I take three hydro codon a day (10/325) one in the morning- one in the early afternoon and one after 8 PM where I can sleep at night without waking up hurting. I do not like taking this but there is no way around it, I have tried. But at least I can use my right leg without looking at it. That is how bad it was before, once the back started hurting, if I did not find something to sit in real quick it would put me on the floor. I am good now as long as I can manage the pain. This surgery was in Nov. 2005.

• I don't understand the point of this thread. Quitting smoking is EASY! I've done it lots of times! :rolleyes:
    Kidding aside, I finally gave up smoking cold turkey 2-3 years ago. I smoked primarily as a social thing when I was around other smokers, especially women. Now, I avoid temptation by avoiding women who smoke!
    Good Luck quitting!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• If you really want to quit just pick up the most full, dirty ash tray and start just kissing it like it is your wife, best girlfriend or special date . Really kiss it good. I asked my wife how she could kiss me cause I have mustache and beard and holds smell good, she said it was like kissing an ashtray. It helped, also I wanted to. Just sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• You can do it..! How you do it is up to you... we are all different. The human body and mind set is all over the place, yes you've got to want to quit... if you can do it with chantix, then that is great, if you have to vape to stop the cigs that is great also, just get it right in you mind....I did it after 32 years of smoking with vaping, I'm not saying it's the best way to stop, I'm just saying I've been we're you are at, and understand.... good luck my friend have confidence in your self.... you can do it...! :thumbup: