UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• At last!
    Elaine (my wife) and I got to go for our first ride together, in the SS this, last weekend. It was the best weather that we have had, so far, in the UK, this year. We had a good run and ended up in our local city, Hereford, where they were dedicating a brand new memorial and stained glass window, to some of the most worthy people that have walked this earth.

I was very pleased to be able to attend this and my pictures do not do justice to the spectacular effect that comes through the glass, as you move around inside the cathedral.

You don't need to have any faith to recognise the great work and if you do, it does not matter what faith you have. This is a tremendous work of art, commentating some selfless commitment, for us all.

You can make out the regiment that it represents (and if this means nothing to you. Google it). The regiment is well known for one of its mantras "Who Dares Wins" but very importantly, the words on the the floor, represent the way that the regiment thinks, works and cares. "Always a Little Further"
    This also applies to the work of a great association that I'm very pleased to show my support for "The Pilgrim Bandits" - Pilgrim Bandits - (and as my health improves, I'd like to be able to offer the SlingShot to raise the profile). What changes this space, as my health improves.

Other interesting things worth seeing at the cathedral include what could be classed as the original "Google Map" ;(
    It's the Mappa Mundi - Mappa mundi - Wikipedia -

That's not all:
    An addition of the Magna Carta - Magna Carta - Wikipedia - is also held at the cathedral. This is what helped to form the basis of the American Constitution. It was a agreement drawn up between the King and some rebel Barron's, basically icing the general population their rights. This went on to form the basis of the British Constitution and the basis of that, in many other countries.

Well, that's a little of the background about where the Slingshot went last weekend. No pictures of the SS in front of the spectacular cathedral, but the weather was fine the rest of the run was good and a good (but, sometimes, a little solemn) time was had by us both.

Always a little further...

• Still no update from Polaris Britain with regards the radio. The longer they take to respond the more likely that I'll end up asking for a refund of its retail

I must assume that the value of this equipment is $2,200 USD as listed in the US Polaris site.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Still no update from Polaris Britain with regards the radio. The longer they take to respond the more likely that I'll end up asking for a refund of its retail

I must assume that the value of this equipment is $2,200 USD as listed in the US Polaris site.

$2200 is the price not the value. Value is $22.00
    ;(:D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• $2200 is the price not the value. Value is $22.00 ;(:D

Well I'd hope not to go down that route, but all European SlingShots are fitted with this equipment as standard and if I was to purchase a new (hopefully functioning) set up, then Polaris would charge me $2,199.99 USD + any relevant import duty and then 20% tax. (Not $22USD). Then it would need fitting by an appropriately qualified, Polaris engineer,.

Polaris Britain are aware of the problem and I would hope and expect to receive a positive response with regards to a solution, for this problem. They have acknowledged that the symptoms are similar to those of some other SlingShots and also recognise that they had not listed my SlingShot for a recall (looks like it slipped through). I am optimistic that they will find a resolution to this, as long as they do not continue to stick their head in the sand and hope that the problem goes away by itself.

It's a problem that requires a solution and this time it may perhaps be them that goes just a little further

• I have still not received a response from Polaris Britain, relating to my SlingShot radio.

I feel that I must now bite the bullet and request a re-fund of the radio/camera setup as, unfortunately, it is not fit for purpose. The present method for communication, with Polaris, in Britain (and I believe the rest of Europe) is to contact them through a dealer. This adds another link in the chain of communication and although I have received, repeated updates from my dealer, it appears that Polaris have not yet responded to them.

This now puts me in the unfortunate position, where I do not have (and have not had) a properly functioning, standard radio, as originally fitted to my SlingShot and it is not of "satisfactory quality."

- "Satisfactory quality" is defined, in English law, as what a ‘reasonable person’ would regard as acceptable. -
    I would think that a ‘reasonable person’ would expect to be able to pick up more than one radio station on a basic car radio, let alone one that is sold at a price $2,199.99 USD.

I'd like to see a positive response and an agreeable outcome to this.
    Well... Let's see if Polaris come up with anything constructive, this week.

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• @UK_Paul... Can you share a picture of your belt guard? Wondering if it looks similar to @philip_mustangs... Mine is different from his and wondering if another Euro edition is out there...

I hope this helps:

The standard one comes, unpainted, in black plastic, in Europe and is a legal requirement for European legislation.

• I'm curious as to what the interface looks like on your radio. I'm assuming it has the UK bands instead of our channels.?

As with most modern electronic radios, the specification (and tuning steps) are universal now and all variations, in international standards, are now automatically covered, so discrepancies with the frequency's that stations are placed on should not be a problem on this device, (I've checked that one out). The only thing lacking on this is a "DAB" (Digital Audio Broadcast) receiver, like digital TV transmission. This is still an exclusive European spec, at this time. This would be standard on a radio of this cost, in Europe, but hey.. you can't have everything.

The specification is a world spec. on the tuner part of the description. I hope that answers your question.

• @WOLF I'd probably not be so disappointed if it was sold as a cheep and cheerful devise rather than Polaris attempting to sell it at such a ridiculous price, just to find it doesn't function correctly. It appears that alternative replacements, (fitted by many of the people on this forum,) operate without problems. Perhaps it would be better, if Polaris, saved research money on something that's not finished to an acceptable standard and simply installed a third party product, (tried & tested) that worked correctly. It's upsetting when you get hold of such a great product, in the form of a SlingShot and they just don't finish it off correctly.

I still hope to receive a constructive response, from Polaris. But my hopes are now diminishing, as still more time goes by.
    :(

• Hi EU guys (Philip and Paul) and folks in the US,
    it was a pleasure to read your report and I feel like Tom Hanks in Cast away when he found "Wilson". I'm not longer alone with my beautiful, but "trouble causing" baby.
    I'm from Germany and also got a few of the same experiences, Paul talked about...strange dealerships, no support from Polaris Germany / from the dealer, no proper working radio, 2 weeks with a brake failure lamp and no help from the dealer...(it makes me p... off, sorry for that), but I think that here in Europe is nobody really interested to sell this vehicle and to solve the problems for their customers...it's a pitty.

• Welcome to the forum @mondanai. Sorry for your sling problems hopefully you will get some help from these smart people in here or at least know what to tell your dealer.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• @mondanai I was looking at your pictures. The 1320 exhaust is sweet. I did notice that you do not have the "optional" top support on the exhaust. It gives it a little more support. You may want to consider using one. Here is the link to 1320: 1320 Performance Polaris Slingshot V1 and V2 muffler support brace

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Welcome to the family @mondanai . Your Sling is coming along nicely. I really like your steering wheel. I haven't seen that one before.

I too hope you can get your issues taken care of. Don't hold your breath on a Polaris fix for radio reception(some say the back up camera being replaced fixed it). There have been members that fixed their stock radio reception with aftermarket antennas, powered antennas and a few other tricks I can't remember at the moment.

• Welcome to the family @mondanai . Your Sling is coming along nicely. I really like your steering wheel. I haven't seen that one before.

I too hope you can get your issues taken care of. Don't hold your breath on a Polaris fix for radio reception(some say the back up camera being replaced fixed it). There have been members that fixed their stock radio reception with aftermarket antennas, powered antennas and a few other tricks I can't remember at the moment.

Still no, responce from Polaris Britain, today.
    After years of exceptional service with the Victory range of products, they are now letting the company down.

I am no longer impressed.