Slingshots Booze & Blues (Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Booze & Blues

Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00 pm

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

24 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am
  • I just wanna to let everyone know that after our trip the rear bearing IMO is done, it sounds like a bunch of Crickets. I did not notice it right away till we got back to PA where we did not have to put a helmet on.
    I've a service call next week to take care of this plus regular mileage service.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• ^^^ Grrrrrr!!! :00000003: When will Polaris 'fess up & do something about this STUPID BEARING DESIGN ISSUE?!?!?! We need a fix for this!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I just wanna to let everyone know that after our trip the rear bearing IMO is done, it sounds like a bunch of Crickets. I did not notice it right away till we got back to PA where we did not have to put a helmet on.
    I've a service call next week to take care of this plus regular mileage service.

Just saw this .....I know why it rattles.....it's full of all the fun you had ! .......

I hope you weren't hiding Moonshine back there - that stuff will thin out your grease

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Well, let's hope you have better luck than I did. The crickets in my rear was the angle drive. Waited a month for a new angle drive. Grr.

Waiting 2 months now for a control arm and brake sensors. Grr.

Hope you have better luck...

• Well, let's hope you have better luck than I did. The crickets in my rear was the angle drive. Waited a month for a new angle drive. Grr.
    Waiting 2 months now for a control arm and brake sensors. Grr.

Hope you have better luck...

It sure doesn't seem to slow you down.............

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Noper. Not slowing me down. Gonna flog the beast and make the Mother Ship sorry they ever sold it to me.

Once the warranty is over, I'll sell it. Since my gauge cluster was also replaced, and mileage reset to zero, I'll do okay.

Then buy a new one. Abuse, rinse, repeat.

• This event was just plain fun!

The surrounding countryside and scenery are so serene. While not nearly as mountainous as our recent foray to Colorado's majestic peaks, it's every bit as beautiful and so much better landscaped, as Colorado's heights don't support lush foliage. The trees and hills of southern Virginia were just so alive with the last breath of summer before fall blows in.

Mitch and Collette were very gracious hosts, and you'd never know that this was their first time. There was something for everyone in the activities. We had a wonderful time with all the other Slings at the drive-in movie. Have not seen The Cannonball Run in like forever, and seeing it under the stars made for an extra-fun night.

Next evening, Karaoke beckoned. The locals letting it all hang out at the country bar was entertaining as all get-out, as were a few of our more melodious (and adventurous!) Slingshot faithful who had the nerve to get on stage and blast it out too! I was not one of them, lol.

All in all, a fantastic time. Thank you Mitch Macaws and company for putting so much into it. We all got so much out of it!

Jamie Simon's beautifully-detailed Turbo SS in an aptly-named parking spot at the Karaoke Bar!

Umm, yeah!

One more reason we love our Slingshot: I can park this way and still stay in the lines!

On the shores of beautiful Lake Kerr!

John and Velma Valentine enjoyed their new Hahn/QA1 Coilovers so much that she claimed it made her orgasmic! Perhaps our most glowing review ever :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes::love:

A bit of charming rural decay. If those weathered boards could talk!

Prior to the event, we chilled in Clarksboro, NC.

A short stopoff at the mysterious Georgia Guidestones on the way home.