SSVWorks headrest speaker boxes

• When changing your factory speakers you may want to check out the different speaker rings/spacers available. They allow you to install larger diameter and deeper speakers and they make them with LED's if accent lighting is your thing. :thumbup:

• Just ordered the following to beef up my factory sound system a little bit. Won't have everything I need until around the 12th of January - looking forward to the installation. Will update as soon as it's all installed...

SSV Side Speaker Pods (I already know they're a snug fit with PRP seats... ;( )

Kicker KM654CW 6.5" 2-way marine speakers, 65W RMS

JL Audio MHX280/4, 50W RMS x 4 channel marine amp; this amp is pretty small! 8-5/8" x 1-13/16" x 3-1/8"

Small powered subwoofer to go under seat (it's a Kenwood KSC-SW11, 75W RMS; didn't want to lose storage compt. to a subwoofer; have one of these in my Scion FRS & like it)

Misc. cable, RCA to speaker wire adapters, etc.

I had already replaced the factory 5.25" speakers with Massive Audio. Will be feeding the OEM front pods from the JL amp & will probably have to back the gain off for them (adjustable gain for each speaker set). With this amp I can also bypass the lower frequencies (freq. selectable) to each speaker set as desired so that will help with sound quality also. Will obviously be using speaker level input to the amp but it also has an input sensitivity dial for signal matching - sweet! :thumbup: Will need to spend a little time dialing in the system.

I'll see how it all sounds & if not satisfied, may then go ahead & replace the front factory pods with SSV pods & run Kickers in those also. Time will tell!

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, ordered a couple of Ram Mount pieces so I can mount my video camera off of my center windshield brace & it will be just over the windshield - I use a remote mic inside the cabin to eliminate wind noise.

Also ordered some more Sea Foam. 8)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited 2 times, last by Tripod ().

• Sounds like u have a plan

• @TCB, yes indeed. Did a LOT of research to come up with this combo. I really like the new speaker pods for under the roll hoops but that's valuable real estate up there for other potential mods. Also wondering if a 6.5" aimed directly at your head would drown out all of the other speakers...?!

• @TCB, yes indeed. Did a LOT of research to come up with this combo. I really like the new speaker pods for under the roll hoops but that's valuable real estate up there for other potential mods. Also wondering if a 6.5" aimed directly at your head would drown out all of the other speakers...?!

Guess I'm gonna see.. I already have 6.5 coaxial and 6.5 separates with a 10" sub. Next is the 6.5 in the new head rest area.. Can't wait!

• Guess I'm gonna see.. I already have 6.5 coaxial and 6.5 separates with a 10" sub. Next is the 6.5 in the new head rest area.. Can't wait!

I'd really like a bigger sub like yours but just don't want to give up a storage compartment. Your system should sound sweet!

• Just ordered the following to beef up my factory sound system a little bit. Won't have everything I need until around the 12th of January - looking forward to the installation. Will update as soon as it's all installed...

I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out. I'm really considering what (if anything) I want to do with my stereo setup, and these discussions are like gibberish. I need more pictures!!

I'm with you on this one @Tripod. That and after seeing them on a Slingshot they do not flow with the rest of the Slingshot at all. Wish they would have spent more time on the design. I have a couple drawings that look much better, but they will be for my own sling if I ever decide to build them.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Just so Im clear..As long as it's the 5 1/4" or 3.5" speakers will fit correct. On Amazon when you put in Speakers it always says "DOES NOT FIT YOUR '16 SLINGSHOT"??? ?( This is where I become Stupefied!!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Just so Im clear..As long as it's the 5 1/4" or 3.5" speakers will fit correct. On Amazon when you put in Speakers it always says "DOES NOT FIT YOUR '16 SLINGSHOT"??? ?( This is where I become Stupefied!!

I wouldn't trust the fitment guide when it comes to the Slingshot, is a new vehicle and a lot of sites are a bit behind on their updates.

Now with that said not all 5 1/4 will fit(same for 3.5) due to mounting depth/opening size, unless you go for shallow speakers you might need to add spacers.

I make my spacers out of acrylic sheets, fairly easy to make with a dremel/router, here is a link to what i use so you have an idea.
    http://www.menards.com/main/bu…95389&bargainStoreId=3059

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Several of the forum members have installed the Massive (brand name not size) SX5 II speakers in the factory pods without spacers with no problem. Unfortunately they are not available anymore.But I have provided a link so you can compare the dimensions of these speakers to others you are considering. The factory pod is not designed for normal depth speakers they either need to be shallow speakers or spacers will be needed. Also when big enough spacers are used this sometimes allows you to increase the diameter of the speakers being used as well. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
    Massive Audio SX 5 5.25" Slim Stage II Coaxial Speakers

• When replacing the speakers in the factory pods, do I need to change all 3 or just the 5 1/4 and not use the others? Advise and wisdom is awesome so far. Plus, that's a total of 6 speakers I want to run, any advise on amp? More then 4 channels