What do you carry

• HOLY CRAP!! Just saw on Fox News a new record was set. An Canadian sniper just took out an Iraqi insurgent at 2.2 miles away - that is freakin AMAZING !! You know the dead guy never heard the shot that got him !! The spotter has to take rotation of the earth in that shot .... here is the article on it -
    Canadian sniper sets world record with 2.2-mile pickoff of ISIS fighter
    Canadian sniper sets world record with 2.2-mile pickoff of ISIS fighter | Fox News

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited 2 times, last by Bill Martin ().

• HOLY CRAP!! Just saw on Fox News a new record was set. An Canadian sniper just took out an Iraqi insurgent at 2.2 miles away - that is freakin AMAZING !! You know the dead guy never heard the shot that got him !! The spotter has to take rotation of the earth in that shot .... here is the article on it -
    Canadian sniper sets world record with 2.2-mile pickoff of ISIS fighter | Fox News

Us Canadians may appear to be nicer than maple syrup on the outside, we'll share our Crown Royal whiskey with you and give you the shirt off our backs......
    Just don't fuck with us, eh :00007991:
    LOL

• Us Canadians may appear to be nicer than maple syrup on the outside, we'll share our Crown Royal whiskey with you and give you the shirt off our backs......Just don't fuck with us, eh :00007991:
    LOL

I dunno about you, your too good natured, but there is damn sure one Canadian I'll never say a cross word to :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

WOW, with the exchange rate, that makes it over 2 1/2 miles away

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

An absolutely amazing feat! Anyone interested in what kind of technology might, or might not, play into a shot like that should read i,Sniper by Stephen Hunter. One of his Bob Lee Swagger novels it is an intriguing fictional (or not) look at potential future (or current) scope technology. It's a worthwhile read.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• In Washington DC, ammunition is actually banned except in certain circumstances. In order to possess it, you must have a valid firearms license for the District, AND the ammo must be the same caliber as the gun on your license, AND you must have proof of purchase....the idiocy goes on and on. I assume that's what they are referring to in the article.

I believe CA passed a law last year restricting ammo sales to individuals who have an ammo permit of some kind, only a certain number of rounds per month or something. I'm sorry I don't have more specifics on that....I have basically erased all cognizance of that state, including the fact that it basically exists. Fuck those commies.

I believe NYC has some ammo restrictions, don't know what they are aside from ammo has to match the gun on your permit. Same personal rules as CA - I just don't care about that cesspool.

Those are the only "registration-like" ammo rules I know of in the country, although there are other jurisdictions with bans (like no hollowpoint ammo in NJ, etc). Hope this helps! :D

• I was in Illinois a few years back, and stumbled onto some CCI .22 ammo for sale. This was about the time that it dried up around me, you couldn't find it, and if you could there were limits of like 50 or 100 rounds. I have grandkids, and that's a hobby we share and enjoy.... plinking. So I asked if I could get some, and the young lady said something about she would need to see my Illinois ammo permit or some such nonsense or she couldn't sell it to me. I told her I was from Indiana, and she said, "Oh, then I can sell you all you want."

She didn't even check my ID. So in that state, they only limit their own citizens on whether or not they can purchase.

• Grew up in Illinois. They have had restrictions for buying ammo for a very, very long time. You have to have a F.O.I.D. card to even buy shotgun shells. Now I live in Indiana. In good ole Indiana I have been in places where you can buy liquor, ammo, firearms, cigs, groceries, and fireworks all under one roof!!!! The way it should be!!! Just can't buy carryout alcohol on Sunday's. You have to drive to Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky , or Michigan for that!!!

• @CDCAMEL6 that was funny! When I was a young guy (12) there was a place (General Store) I could get .22 LR in boxes of 50 or 100. Owner knew my parents, knew I had the rifle, knew I shot regularly. I had a paper route, and mowed yards. How times (and being responsible) have changed. I was more responsible at that age.... Well, I'll just not go there. This is not a politics thread, nor a personal responsibility thread. :)

• @CDCAMEL6 that was funny! When I was a young guy (12) there was a place (General Store) I could get .22 LR in boxes of 50 or 100. Owner knew my parents, knew I had the rifle, knew I shot regularly. I had a paper route, and mowed yards. How times (and being responsible) have changed. I was more responsible at that age.... Well, I'll just not go there. This is not a politics thread, nor a personal responsibility thread. :)

You could buy a brick of 22LR for under 10 bucks.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: