Yesterday's Ride on the Dragon

• 16 mins huh? So now I know the Time To Beat!

Honestly was going 75% because of my right shoulder surgery a couple of months ago. Still pretty tender on right hand turns. That's from the overlook to the store so go for it... :thumbsup: It can be traversed faster by braking going into corners but I used engine to slow me down entering corners..

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Well, I'll get my shot in June. C u then!

Awesome.. Unfortunately it's very seldom you can run one end of the dragon to the other without getting behind someone. Mid week this time of year is almost perfect. I actually prefer the road to be a little warmer if I'm going to push the SS. The ambient temperature yesterday in the mountains was mid 60's. That Nitto that I have on the back doesn't get real sticky until you get in the mid 70's and higher and the road temps above that.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Honestly was going 75% because of my right shoulder surgery a couple of months ago. Still pretty tender on right hand turns. That's from the overlook to the store so go for it... :thumbsup: It can be traversed faster by braking going into corners but I used engine to slow me down entering corners..

Here’s FunCycle looking up the word “braking” in the dictionary... :D:thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Awesome.. Unfortunately it's very seldom you can run one end of the dragon to the other without getting behind someone. Mid week this time of year is almost perfect. I actually prefer the road to be a little warmer if I'm going to push the SS. The ambient temperature yesterday in the mountains was mid 60's. That Nitto that I have on the back doesn't get real sticky until you get in the mid 70's and higher and the road temps are above that.

If you are running the 555 nitto I have never got it hot enough to stick it is just too hard of a compound. I have a 555 mounted on Sling I that I was forced to buy in Bristol because the mounted tire on the SS would not make the week of riding in Bristol. The Nitto 555 is the worse tire that I have had on my SS in the 100,000 miles and about 6 different brands

• If you are running the 555 nitto I have never got it hot enough to stick it is just too hard of a compound. I have a 555 mounted on Sling I that I was forced to buy in Bristol because the mounted tire on the SS would not make the week of riding in Bristol. The Nitto 555 is the worse tire that I have had on my SS in the 100,000 miles and about 6 different brands

Yes sir, I'm referring to the 555. My next set of tires will be the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Expensive compared to the Nitto but it's supposed to be one of the best tires on the market.

TheDonFather - Videos

• [quote='FunCycle','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9974-yesterday-s-ride-on-the-dragon/&postID=341791#post341791']

Awesome.. Unfortunately it's very seldom you can run one end of the dragon to the other without getting behind someone. Mid week this time of year is almost perfect. I actually prefer the road to be a little warmer if I'm going to push the SS. The ambient temperature yesterday in the mountains was mid 60's. That Nitto that I have on the back doesn't get real sticky until you get in the mid 70's and higher and the road temps are above that.

If you are running the 555 nitto I have never got it hot enough to stick it is just too hard of a compound. I have a 555 mounted on Sling I that I was forced to buy in Bristol because the mounted tire on the SS would not make the week of riding in Bristol. The Nitto 555 is the worse tire that I have had on my SS in the 100,000 miles and about 6 different brands

[/quote]

Odd...my old 555s did a fine job of keeping up with you that week. Then during Mayhem they really got hot and sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• That was totally awesome. What I would give for a roar like that here in NE Florida. Flat land and straight roads. Best I have is the trip around North Lake Asbury but it is a housing area with a 25 MPH speed limit and far to many people walking. I still enjoy it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @drfubar Where and how do you have that camera mounted? I really like the view it gives. I have a knock off GoPro and would like to get some videos.

There are two cameras. One is on the front air dam and the other is on the rear fin facing forward. I also have a mount facing backwards and one on the dash when I feel like different camera positions. The mounts are "stuck" on and come off easily and leave no residue when you want to change them. I don't change them. When I first started recording I went with the Gamin family of cameras because they did so much more than the GoPro. I have two of the Garmin Virb XE's and two of the Garmin Elite's. I've only been running two at a time but could run all four.

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar the Garmin Virb XE is the camera I use on my bass/crappie boat I will be moving it to the fin I I like that view in your videos best. I also have the GoPro knock off I guess I can run also.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• drfubar the Garmin Virb XE is the camera I use on my bass/crappie boat I will be moving it to the fin I I like that view in your videos best. I also have the GoPro knock off I guess I can run also.

I just don't know if the Garmin software will recognize the GoPro so you can use it at the same time as the Garmin

TheDonFather - Videos

• Great video, really captures the sprit of the Dragon! My wife and I had the pleasure of riding the Dragon and visiting many other wonderful sites in the area in the summer of 2016. The Slingshot was made for that part of the country. Another memorable road was Rt 226A, the Snake, to Little Switzerland.

Images

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot