BigDog’s Delusional Rants

• I hope as sick as I have been is not from the second shot. It started about a week after getting it and tomorrow will be two weeks. At least I haven't had to go to the ER.

could be the flu ----- - - its still out there somewhere you know

either way just so long as you don't get so bad as to need a hospital that's good enough I guess

Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Last night when I got home and was watching the local news they did a big story on how screwed up the county system is for getting people their second dose - - apparently the county switched control over to another company that had been managing a few sites to manage all the sites. This company at their original sites had been booking second appointments when the first dose was given, but the counties other sites were supposed to "invite" people when they were due - - when all of these people were moved over into the new companies system none of them have second appointments and now have to try to get back in line - - - - this is what we had to do for my wife, but we knew about it because of another person we talked to that was a bit ahead of us on the vaccine time line who shared with us that we couldn't wait to get invited and had to book it like the first dose - - - -most of these other people are still waiting for e-mail invitations that will never come

and what really makes this bad is the fact that these are mostly people over 65 many of which are not the most computer savvy people ready to get online and deal with this

oh well - - at least we done and dont have to deal with this government screwup anymore

actually I not really even surprised by all of this - - it is Government run after all :D

• Just got my first shot this afternoon (Moderna). NM Department of Health automatically sets up 2nd shot appointment at same location exactly 4 weeks later. Sweet! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Just got my first shot this afternoon (Moderna). NM Department of Health automatically sets up 2nd shot appointment at same location exactly 4 weeks later. Sweet! :thumbsup:

[attach='120233','none','false'][/attach

Its much nicer when they set up the second shot - - my provider did us in groups of 12 people. the group I was in all got our first shot at 8:30 in the morning on February 16th and at the same time they gave us the shot they handed us all appointment cards for 8:30 in the am on March 9th exactly 21 days later just as is called for with the Pfizer vaccine

• Not here for the politics, and I didn't read most of these posts. Just my experience:

• Signed up for the vaccine on Saturday since Texas says they were expanding the eligibility listing.
    • Became eligible on Monday.
    • Got an email about 5pm Tuesday to make an appointment. Made the appt at 530pm
    • Got the 1st shot (Moderna) by 6:15pm.
      • Heck, could of had it done 10 mins earlier but it took me some time to finish the registration online. I wasn't technically Texting While Driving since I was actually Registering While Driving. Doing it via cell phone. . . . .
    • No side-effects, but it feels like someone punched me hard in the shoulder even 2 days later.
    • Eligible for 2nd shot in 4 weeks. They told me it had to be 28 days - they wouldn't give me the shot at 27 days.
  • But havent you noticed that the flu has "magically" disappeared. 🤫

Yes I have, but there is no magic about it - - the precautions that people have been taking to limit the potential spread of COVID have also limited the spread of the Flu virus that, along with a huge increase in the number that got the flu shot, and it was totally predictable that number of reported cases of the flu would be way down.

as a side note, today was the 14th day after my second dose - as such the protection provided by the vaccine should be at full strength and I have to admit that it does make me feel much more comfortable when I am around other people knowing that even if they are sick with COVID I am protected - - - - - - I like it and I like it even more that my wife is also protected

• The question is, how long will that protection last? Will we need to get annual Covid booster shots? I think that’s likely...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• The question is, how long will that protection last? Will we need to get annual Covid booster shots? I think that’s likely...

its very hard to tell, we are still very early on with this thing - - - now having said this think about all of the things that vaccines have pretty much eliminated without any need for annual vaccines - things like polio, It is possible that if we get enough people vaccinated and combine that with people who have natural immunity from having had the virus that this thing could stop mutating - it can only mutate inside people it infects so it is possible that herd immunity as they call it could pretty much stop it long term - - but this also means world wide herd immunity - won't do a dang bit of good if only some countries get to herd immunity - the virus will just keep mutating in the other places and then be brought around the world by travelers

or perhaps like you suggest it will be like the flu with new vaccine needed each year to adjust for mutations

and then there's a third option that they come up with a universal COVID vaccine that will cover any mutation at least enough so that they can no longer kill people - then it will just become something we get from time to time but don't really worry about it

or last, but not least perhaps all of these vaccines will become like the cancer cure in I Am Legend - - - you remember the one that killed almost everyone off and turned the rest into night creatures trying to kill Will Smith - - - a remake of a remake - good movie except for the GSD having to die ;(

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I believe it is Herd Immunity as in a herd of cattle, deer, or what ever. When a herd of cattle get sick and a high percent get it and live the herd becomes immunize to the disease. Another way to look at that is the strong survive and the weak die but they are not telling us that last part.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Yep herd not heard - oops :(

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Check out Lou's Bar in the NSFW section for some newly released info about Covid vaccine side effects

I guess nobody is concerned enough to do some simple research....just blindly take an EXPERIMENTAL untested vaccine.... [which usually wouldn’t be released for use for 10 years) .....especially when all Bill Gates talks about in public on videos..... is he can reduce the population by 10-15% with VACCINES.....ASK YOURSElf why would he say that?

HELLO IS ANYBODY IN THERE?

• Our local news ran a commercial yesterday about commiting insurance fraud...prison time.... bla, bla, bla...yet thousands of dead people that didn’t actually die from Covid are marked as having died from it.....

Thousands of cases of insurance fraud and not a single peep from all the insurance companies.... they are paying out more for Covid related deaths than regular deaths... so who is paying off the insurance company’s to stay silent....

It’s a conspiracy..... so again why the silence? Millions of dollars worth of fraud....for over a year now... every hospital, hospital CEO, all the doctors, every coroner, who else..... over 500,000 deaths.... NO FLU DEATHS THIS YEAR......It’s a miracle .....praise the lord.... the flu has been cured.... it turned into Covid..... won’t need anymore FLU shots.... just Covid...

I guess that doesn’t raise a red flag for anyone..... what will? baaaaa ....

follow me to the free vaccine donuts....hurry it ends in a year...