Slingshots in the Smokies 2021

• "The Usual Suspects" will be leaving Monday from Austin, Texas, stopping at Graceland/Memphis for the night. Then we're coming in to Maggie Valley Tuesday afternoon. Got an AirBnB rented a couple miles away, gonna drop off our trailers somewhere (we're told there is somewhere close to the fairgrounds to park them). We'll be on the rides Weds-Fri, probably stop by Bill Martin 's at some point.

This is one way I'd get there... Hitching a ride with someone who has room on a trailer for 2 slings if possible...

Now I do have the tow dolly, which I've never used, so that's another way.

Maybe next year, I'll be with you Funinthesun and Shatneyman , and then I could sell it with some peace that at least it gave me the Maggie Valley experience. 😢

• You know now that I’m here in Maggie Valley you guys are welcome any time to stop in and visit - even you Shatneyman 😂😂 . DER - Imma waitin on ya - Funinthesun - you will be up here before next year’s rally. Gettin close now guys - can’t wait !!

I'll be in Maggie Valley Monday 31 May early pm...

• This is one way I'd get there... Hitching a ride with someone who has room on a trailer for 2 slings if possible...

Now I do have the tow dolly, which I've never used, so that's another way.

Maybe next year, I'll be with you Funinthesun and Shatneyman , and then I could sell it with some peace that at least it gave me the Maggie Valley experience. 😢

I'm with you MiM . I have to do Maggie at least once.

So, if you're serious about selling the Sling here's a scenario for you. At the appropriate time, advertise it for sale and it will sell sight unseen because of the sick paint Painter put on it and the gentle use. Offer it delivered to Maggie Valley that year only. Ride that Bad Boy out, enjoy the party, then buy a one way ticket home. I'm sure that with all the Tejas riders out there you can round up a posse for the trip out. Who knows, maybe I'll join you.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I'm with you MiM . I have to do Maggie at least once.

So, if you're serious about selling the Sling here's a scenario for you. At the appropriate time, advertise it for sale and it will sell sight unseen because of the sick paint Painter put on it and the gentle use. Offer it delivered to Maggie Valley that year only. Drive that Bad Boy out, enjoy the party, then buy a one way ticket home. I'm sure that with all the Tejas riders out there you can round up a posse for the trip out. Who knows, maybe I'll join you.

I saw Capt Van sell his sling and trailer as a package there and he wasn't even looking to sell

So, if you're serious about selling the Sling here's a scenario for you. At the appropriate time, advertise it for sale and it will sell sight unseen because of the sick paint Painter put on it and the gentle use. Offer it delivered to Maggie Valley that year only. Drive that Bad Boy out, enjoy the party, then buy a one way ticket home. I'm sure that with all the Tejas riders out there you can round up a posse for the trip out. Who knows, maybe I'll join you.

I agree! Just once…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

If you make it all the way to Maggie Valley from Washington State - I’ll put you up for the week and supply all the booze you can drink!! How can you beat that deal??? 😂😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If you make it all the way to Maggie Valley from Washington State - I’ll put you up for the week and supply all the booze you can drink!! How can you beat that deal??? 😂😂

Game on! So much for your comfortable retirement...

But I would never put Bubblehead and his bride on the street. I think it's pretty cool you can offer a little quid pro quo for their hospitality.

Now I have to do some math.

Round trip ticket <= (bottle of booze * cost * # of days) + entertainment

We're close!

• Cruise lines charge $65/day for the drink package, per person, you can use that as a rough budget, put all calculations into a pie chart, for a powerpoint.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Cruise lines charge $65/day for the drink package, per person, you can use that as a rough budget, put all calculations into a pie chart, for a powerpoint.

I like the way you think but I'm an Excel guy. Love my spreadsheets!

I just read back through my response to you last night Bill Martin and am embarrassed that I did not thank you profusely for you incredibly generous offer. Anywhere else in life I wouldn't consider staying at someone's home that I'd never met but in the Slingshot community the brotherhood is real !

• I like the way you think but I'm an Excel guy. Love my spreadsheets!

I just read back through my response to you last night Bill Martin and am embarrassed that I did not thank you profusely for you incredibly generous offer. Anywhere else in life I wouldn't consider staying at someone's home that I'd never met but in the Slingshot community the brotherhood is real !

I have had so many brothers open up their homes to me right here on this forum how could I possibly not!! One thing I have found out about folks here is that they are even greater in person than they are online - a quality seldom seen in many forums !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have had so many brothers open up their homes to me right here on this forum how could I possibly not!! One thing I have found out about folks here is that they are even greater in person than they are online - a quality seldom seen in many forums !!

Agreed! Although I haven't been on any other forums. When I flew to Huntsville for the SOG homecoming I felt like I already knew most of the people I met. The people I like online, I liked even more in person. No one disappoints at Slingshotinfo.com!

• I think @ Bubblehead has the porch like he gave Bill Martin when he lived there although he got a blanket, little cool then probably not needed now!

So he wouldn’t be on street, but Bill would be if strippers showed up.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I wanted to invite EjFord and his wife to stay at my place when he and his wife was headed South this spring but I live in a what is now a one bedroom house. When the wife died I converted the master bedroom into a computer/reloading/music room and moved myself into the second largest bedroom. Soon converted the small bedroom into a 3D printer/fishing rod building room. When Susan came into my life 7 years ago I refused to convert them back. So it is not that I don't like my Slingshot brothers there is just no room in the inn. Oh and no alcohol either except for a bottle of hot stuff that is undrinkable. Oh and I don't cook out side on the grill either that is why I have A/C in the house.

If the music is to loud you are to old.