I smell Elio....

• A company called Aptera is advertising an electric vehicle it claims will get 1,000 mile range. It also claims the solar array on the roof will get you 40 miles per day without plugging into a charger.

This interests me because my trip to work & home is about 22 miles - theoretically, I could drive this thing to work & on errands and never have to charge it. And I can reserve one for $100...

Am I the only one who is reminded of the 84 mpg Elio? Lost a hundred to Paul Elio's publicity machine. I suppose I benefited from their autocycle lobbying... don't have to wear a helmet unless I want to and I don't need a special license for Ruby. Still... color me skeptical.

https://www.caranddriver.com/n…lar-no-charging-revealed/

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• This very much reminds me of the Elio. I also lost a $100 "all in" deposit on the Elio. I still think it's a great concept. Many say it would have happened if it was designed as an electric vehicle from the start? One great selling point for the Elio was the price range somewhere around $7K making it a great second car, starter/student or city car.

I'm intrigued at this electric car but the price tag is far greater than the Elio.

• Leaning is the aspect of riding a motorcycle I miss the most!

Funny you should say that. When we first started driving the Slingshot my wife and I would lean in the turns just for shits and giggles - it got old the faster we we drove!

I miss 2 wheels but my legs couldn't hold up a ten speed. The biggest benefit of the Slingshot is that I do not fall over at traffic lights.

I must admit that it is much easier owning something my wife actually enjoys - the great solo time on my bike was not worth the grief I got when I got home from quick ride on my bike that took 5 or 6 hours..........

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• anybody with any kind of solar system design skills can tell you there aint no way in hell using todays best technology to generate that much power with that few of square feet of array real estate available , its a ploy om words , imagine that ! lol

• I lucked out on the Elio. I was totally stoked for it and wanted to invest. Got lazy and never got around to it; when several years went by with nothing, I was glad I passed.

Would have purchased one in a minute.

• I lucked out on the Elio. I was totally stoked for it and wanted to invest. Got lazy and never got around to it; when several years went by with nothing, I was glad I passed.

Would have purchased one in a minute.

Procrastination pays! Why put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow! :D

(Have always wanted to start a Procrastination Club, just haven’t gotten around to it...)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014