2021 Slingshot

• Why buy a new one? I'm perfectly content with my 2015 and may be more content after I get the supercharger installed.

I am happy with my 2015, too. The higher-revving engine on the 2020 may improve the motorcycle-like experience , but I just can't get over the increase in pricing and how Polaris structured the pricing especially since a SL manual model would lower the entry price to a more palatable level.

• Looks like they killed the link I posted. Since it had all the info on the trims and new features, it probably said too much too soon and they removed it until the official unveiling. Someone screwed up.

• Where did you order it from... It is a dealer only install? Thanks. Oh yeah... about what does that upgrade run??

Here is the part number from Polaris. I was told that a flash is not needed for the install, we plan on doing the install here and if it works, we will do a write up on how it is done. I heard that dealers will be doing the whole thing installed for $800-900 including parts.

• Dam-it, I'm really liking that R model stealth blue! :huh:<3 It's going to be dangerous when I go to the dealer and see one! I think Polaris hit the mark much better this year!

• OK, I believe that Polaris made some smart changes with the 2021, like the option of a manual transmission on their lower priced models. But our nearest dealer of over 200 miles away never put a single 2020 model on their showroom floor, so for us here in the west and pacific north west it really does not matter what changes have been made to the 2021 SlingShot if we have no access to them!

Bill

• I'm putting some serious thought into purchasing a 2021. Like most of us older folks a Manual transmission is a must. With more options this year I'm balancing the price difference between an SL with 178 HP and an R with 203 HP. Big price difference. Also thoughts that the ProStar Stage 1 tune kit is something I can add to the SL in the future if it is compatible with the 2021 SL? I checked on line and it states the stage 1 tune kit is not compatible with the 2021 SL, I suspect its only because it's not updated yet? At this point the only experience I have is the stock GM 2.4 Ecotec 173 HP and a lower RPM range for that engine. I'm OK with the performance but just want a little bit more. In short I'd be happy with modest gain in the fun level that a small HP gain along with a higher RPM range may be all I'm looking for?

Can anyone out there that has driven a Slingshot with a GM 2.4 VS the Polaris 2.0 prostar 178 HP engine tell that there is a noticeable difference in the fun to drive area. I'm not worried about the torque output.

• I'm putting some serious thought into purchasing a 2021. Like most of us older folks a Manual transmission is a must. With more options this year I'm balancing the price difference between an SL with 178 HP and an R with 203 HP. Big price difference. Also thoughts that the ProStar Stage 1 tune kit is something I can add to the SL in the future if it is compatible with the 2021 SL? I checked on line and it states the stage 1 tune kit is not compatible with the 2021 SL, I suspect its only because it's not updated yet? At this point the only experience I have is the stock GM 2.4 Ecotec 173 HP and a lower RPM range for that engine. I'm OK with the performance but just want a little bit more. In short I'd be happy with modest gain in the fun level that a small HP gain along with a higher RPM range may be all I'm looking for?

Can anyone out there that has driven a Slingshot with a GM 2.4 VS the Polaris 2.0 prostar 178 HP engine tell that there is a noticeable difference in the fun to drive area. I'm not worried about the torque output.

We have driven all of them at this point, manual and autodrive with the base power and the 203hp. The base 2020+ slingshot with the 178hp is pretty much on par with the Ecotec 2.4L for acceleration, although you do have to rev the engine to redline to get the full acceleration out of the 2.0L. As for the 203hp version, it is definitely quicker than the stock Ecotec and with a tune and intake we are making even more at the wheels. I really like our 2020 and we have the paddle shifters coming for our autodrive, which I think should make it a lot of fun.

• We have driven all of them at this point, manual and autodrive with the base power and the 203hp. The base 2020+ slingshot with the 178hp is pretty much on par with the Ecotec 2.4L for acceleration, although you do have to rev the engine to redline to get the full acceleration out of the 2.0L. As for the 203hp version, it is definitely quicker than the stock Ecotec and with a tune and intake we are making even more at the wheels. I really like our 2020 and we have the paddle shifters coming for our autodrive, which I think should make it a lot of fun.

Many thanks Dave that's the info I was looking for! It's no wonder I hear so many good thinks about your work!