I know Summer is coming BUT.....

• I don't have experience installing aftermarket seat heater pads, but have researched them since it looks like the only way I can afford heated seats on future vehicles will be aftermarket/DIY. I figure if an upholstery shop charges me $500 to do the install, it'll still be cheaper than trying to find a vehicle with factory installed seat heaters at an affordable price.

To me, one of the big advantages of going aftermarket for these units is you can control where the heated section is installed. My Wife's Nissan and my Ford Edge both have heated seats and the heated area seems to focus primarily on the seat bottom with some heat for the lower back, but I would prefer to have heat over more of my back for the lower- and middle-back sections and then the upper-back area if the heat pad is large enough.

The kit the OP linked is only for one seat. Amazon carries a variety of seat heater kits, some handling 2-4 seats at slightly higher cost - https://smile.amazon.com/s?i=a…_1&url=search-alias%3Daps.

From what I've read, if the heater pad uses wire heating elements, you probably can not trim it to fit, but the carbon fiber units can usually be cut to length and still work. CF heat units should not be trimmed for width since they typically have conductors running down each side of the pad and trimming the width is likely to break the conductor(s).

Good Luck and post any experiences if you try DIYing the heat pads.

These types of pads normally install under the seat covering on top of the padding, but it would certainly make it easier if the pads could be installed on top of the existing seat upholstery and then covered with fitted, aftermarket seat covers.

These guys sell both wire and CF seat hater kits and also have a FAQ and printable info/instruction sheets that may be of use - http://motorcitydistribution.com/index.html.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Since I installed the seat covers myself I thought maybe I'll remove the seats and covers and placed these exactly where I want em and tape it down on the edges to prevent movement and place the covers back on ........after running the wires/switches ...... Should be no issues 🤞🏼....was just wondering had anyone went that route with a set of these.....