New Boss Audio Double-Din MARINE Radio MRCP9865A

• FINALLY, someone came out with a waterproof Double Din Marine Radio! The Boss Audio MRCP9685A.

Anyone have experience with it? Slingmods sells it.

I've been looking for consumer reviews, but nothing yet. I gotta say I was not real happy with the Boss Audio Amplifier Install Kit I bought so I'm a little leary.

I have the Kenwood DMX905S but it's not water proof. I mainly bought it for the rear camera and front dash cam availability. But I got caught in a rain storm and the cameras and button LEDs have quit (verified the camera's do work, stereo just doesn't show pic) so I need to replace.

• Boss has always been a knock off asian brand, like Pyle their goal is to offer a good enough product for someone who just wants basic sound.

Just know that going in, definitely not something that can compare to kenwood, pioneer or alpine just to name a few.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I purchased the Boss weather proof from Slingmods last week-installed the unit today and I'm very impressed.

I have a 2015 sl and with the factory radio I always had reception issues-since the install I have awesome reception and has 80w per channel and a great equalizer-love the touch screen

• Screen brightness is adjustable for day or night. Very visable in the day.

Only negative is the volume doesn't change with the speed of the vehicle.

Not only my stock camera work in reverse but I can keep it on while driving forward.

I have a friend looking at this deck. Mind taking a few pics of it installed? Thank you Sir!

• Looking good. Okay, give us an honest review of it. I have a kenwood now that water has damaged the inputs for the front and rear cameras and front button LED lights. Stereo/Android Auto/Bluetooth/etc works fine, but I really miss not having the cameras, front and rear. I might have already jumped on this one if it had the front camera (ie dash cam recorder) option so I might think of that. Give us your PROs and CONs.

• Pros:

Screen brightness is adjustable for day or night. Very visable in the day.

Not only my stock camera work in reverse but I can keep it on while driving forward.

Weatherproof/Marine

All touchscreen and very responsive.

Duplicates your cellphone apps via Apple Car Play or Android Auto (has 2 USB plugs- one for charging/other for car play)

Fits perfect with no cutting where OEM radio was using, bigger screen and completely plug n play with zero harness/wire cutting using:

Scosche Aftermarket Stereo Power Harness with OEM Backup Camera Integration for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-17) 1
    SM2317 Scosche Double Din Stereo Dash Kit with Sun Visor for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-17)

Con:

Only negative is the volume doesn't change with the speed of the vehicle.

No DVD Player (but didn't want one)

• Hi

Yes I was looking at that radio also ,See in was manufactured in September 1 2020 so it is very new. So where did you put the USB ports is the cords long enough to used them because sometime we used a USB for music. Thinking very hard of getting it just like to see some reviews before getting it

• On my Kenwood, it also has 2 USB ports. I put one up through the dash for my phone mount. And then I put the 2nd one into a USB Port that fits into the stock switch location. See the bottom right plug. Yes, this is MyToy's mount, but those are stock switches and holes so you could put it into any of the unused stock switch spots. The plug is supposed to be waterproof and I have not had any problem with it.

• ...So where did you put the USB ports is the cords long enough to used them because sometime we used a USB for music...

For my last vehicle stereo I hooked up a USB extension cord into the head unit. This does 2 things:

1. Saves wear and tear on the head unit's port

2. gives you flexibility as far as length of device cables

• That is grate news about the usb cables, So when I buy this radio with a double din stereo dash kit I also have to buy this scosche aftermarket stereo power harness with oem backup camera this harness also hook up the speakers to or is there another harness to buy.

• I think the Boss Audio unit uses 2 USB cables, one for music and one for charging a phone, etc. There are plenty of options available as far as installing remote ports. On my current radio, I mounted a remote USB port in the glovebox to connect my USB music stick - keeps everything nice and protected.

I forgot to mention that it's common for most in-dash radios to need an extension for their USB connections. I'm on my third round marine radio and every one of them has had a relatively short USB cable, typically around 6" to connect to a USB cable to connect to a remote USB port.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I'm giving the boss radio a try. I ordered it and the double din kit from slingmods. Had my 8 channel amp tested and it looks good. I was told I had the gains and other adjustments way off. Bad enough so when I turned it up, it shut down protecting the amp. Should be in any day now. Lets see how bad I can screw this thing up. I was told a basic multi meter can help tune the amp to the speakers and subs. Going to bridge the 2 subs,.. that will take 4 channels. Hoping the other 4 channels can take the regular speakers,... 6 total,.. if I wire them correctly.