Slingshots in the Smokies 2017.May30th-Jun 4th.

• YOU REALLY BELIEVE THERE IS GONNA BE ANY COOKIES LEFT WHEN I LEAVE Y'ALLS HOUSE - oh you poor poor man :00008172::00008172:

I'm just going to give you a few bags of cookies with people's names, then tell them how many cookies I sent with you. You guys can fight it out.... :D

A aaaand now that we are driving up, I'll bring an extra cookie or two in case you cheat people out of theirs.

Oh, and I also plan on giving them to your wife, and not you, to carry. :P

• I'm just going to give you a few bags of cookies with people's names, then tell them how many cookies I sent with you. You guys can fight it out.... :D
    A aaaand now that we are driving up, I'll bring an extra cookie or two in case you cheat people out of theirs.

Oh, and I also plan on giving them to your wife, and not you, to carry. :P

YA SEE -- ya ain't even met my bride and y'all are teamin up against me already ;(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I understand charging for participation if you want to do the rides, the meal, goodie bag and shirt but to charge the locals who are nothing but fabulous in their treatment of us is just wrong. I know you need to make money and show a profit but how much money do you really need need. It's like Myrtle Beach Bike Week, how many would show up if you had to pay just to check out the bikes and ask questions?

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• I'm in it for the good times, memories and friends... a small price for the cost of admission IMHO.

That said, I do expect SSITS to be stepped up each year ~> proper revenue allocation/re-investment into year-over-year events is a must... or this momma stays home!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• can't let you do that, brother. No sweat, we'll figure it out. @sideseatdriver, make a note: no cookies for @Painter unless he behaves. :00008172:

You know I got @Painter back...we run deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @ivor, My husband and stepdaughter will there from the onset pf the event as registered participants... I, however am a registered slingshot owner, who will be attending during the latter of the event as an onlooker who is NOT participating in any event rides, or dinners, or SSITS events other than looking at other slingshots, and visiting vendor booths. I will be driving my CAR to where my HUSBAND and I paid for ROOM and BOARD.

So EACH day, I will be required a walk around fee??? @ivor, If I had zero ties to owning a slingshot, and was the cousins uncles brothers wife just milling about.... I might understand the additional charges.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• My wife and I attended the event last year and had a great time. Pre-registered, money up front and hotel reservations. Same thing this year with the exception that the wife, due to work requirements, will not be able to join us for the full event. This year my daughter will be attending with me. My wife, if possible, may come up Saturday and then follow us out on Sunday. We will pay the required fee for her to walk around. We will see how this event plays out this year.

I hope we are not charging people to look at my Slingshot because I parked it at an event I paid to attend.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I understand charging for participation if you want to do the rides, the meal, goodie bag and shirt but to charge the locals who are nothing but fabulous in their treatment of us is just wrong. I know you need to make money and show a profit but how much money do you really need need. It's like Myrtle Beach Bike Week, how many would show up if you had to pay just to check out the bikes and ask questions?

@ivor I am concerned that SSITS is turning into something very commercialized.

My wife and I attended the event last year and had a great time. Pre-registered, money up front and hotel reservations. Same thing this year with the exception that the wife, due to work requirements, will not be able to join us for the full event. This year my daughter will be attending with me. My wife, if possible, may come up Saturday and then follow us out on Sunday. We will pay the required fee for her to walk around. We will see how this event plays out this year.

I hope we are not charging people to look at my Slingshot because I parked it at an event I paid to attend.

Anyone see a pattern here?

• thank you @devonpam, yes, I missed meeting alot of folks... and met others I couldnt possibly forget! haha... will try to mingle, but Im not real good at that, being an introverted hermit crab like I am, so if YOU see me, go ahead and jerk my coat tail!

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)