The 2020 Slingshot Thread

• Here is a new one that bugs me. The MP3 player starts out the same place every time I start up after a shut down. If I am listening to a bunch of songs and want to continue, it won't stay where it was when I shut down, it starts all over again. Is thiis something new and has anyone else had the same problem? It didn't do this on my 2015 model. Maybe the system doesn't like me using Ubuntu to load my songs on to the USB drive. Anyone else notice this or is it a unique problem for me?

• Here is a new one that bugs me. The MP3 player starts out the same place every time I start up after a shut down. If I am listening to a bunch of songs and want to continue, it won't stay where it was when I shut down, it starts all over again. Is thiis something new and has anyone else had the same problem? It didn't do this on my 2015 model. Maybe the system doesn't like me using Ubuntu to load my songs on to the USB drive. Anyone else notice this or is it a unique problem for me?

Using my IPhone mine will always start out where it left off.

Jamesgn

Ill check mine but what is annoying me is that I'll have the volume off (showing the X on the bar) when I turn the SS off ... Get in later, turn the thing on and volume is audible even w it still showing X

• I just completed the first oil change for the 2020 model (300 miles). I watched the video on how to do it, even though I have been changing oil longer than most of you have been around. I found that the hardest part was elevating the vehicle high enough to get under it. I am not a real big guy (200 lbs.), but it was a tight squeeze with the jack at almost the maximum height. I used jack stands to hold it up at 3 points to keep it safe and steady.

I have a metric Allen wrench set, so I had the number 6 size required. It is the first oil plug I have unscrewed that had an Allen socket instead of a bolt head. It seem to take a longer than usual time to drain all the oil. The filter also seem a little different because it had a lot of threads but it unscrewed using a filter wrench to get it loosened.

After getting the underside all buttoned up with a Polaris filter and the vehicle back on the floor, I poured in the 5 quarts as instructed and then ran the engine for a few minutes and checked it after letting it settle. The level was not at the full level as instructed in the video. I had to add another ½ quart to bring it up to the full level. That should do it until I get to 3000 miles.

Recommendations for those that want to do it yourself:

1. Use a pneumatic jack; it should be much easier than the scissors jack I used. Actually, ramps for the front wheels would be better but I found out on my first Slingshot that the front of the vehicle was too low and would not allow the vehicle to drive up the ramps without damaging the front.

2. Buy 6 quarts of oil, in case you need more, like I did. If you don’t use it, you have a quart for when it does go down.

Also, getting the oil takes an extra effort. Stores like Walmart do not carry that weight on the shelves. I had to get mine at an auto parts store. For those that want to use one of those quick change places, remember that you can not drive it the whole way in because of the rear center wheel. Also, they may not have that weight of oil and might not have a filter that matches the Polaris filter yet. Check with them first. For those of you that will have the dealer do it, great for you. For me, a 3 hour drive for an oil change is not worth it.

• NAPA stocks 5W50 Mobil One. As I said 2 months ago it was on sale for $5.99 a Qt. then. Look at Daves post for Purolator filters that fit. It is not uncommon for an engine to take more or less oil than called for. In my R it was exactly 5 quarts, lucky me. The threads on the filter are fine and it does have to turn more to take off and on.

• Talking to the tech today, he commented how Polaris upgraded almost everything in the 2020 - down to things like how the interior is just so much more roomy. Biggest note was the beefier angle drive

• FWIW: Here are a couple of observatons.

1. I have the factory Slingshade (roof) and the tallest factory windshield. I noticed that I can now ride with my baseball cap on with it not blowing off. Oh, I do wear it the proper way, not backwards like a lot of people do.

2. As for cleaning my ride, I have found a good cheap cleaner if you are one like me that just uses a rag and spray on cleaner. Look for Simple Green. I get it at Walmart and it is cheap and does a good job, both on the body and windshield.

• FWIW: Here are a couple of observatons.

1. I have the factory Slingshade (roof) and the tallest factory windshield. I noticed that I can now ride with my baseball cap on with it not blowing off. Oh, I do wear it the proper way, not backwards like a lot of people do.

2. As for cleaning my ride, I have found a good cheap cleaner if you are one like me that just uses a rag and spray on cleaner. Look for Simple Green. I get it at Walmart and it is cheap and does a good job, both on the body and windshield.

The nice thing about Simple Green is that it’s non-toxic & biodegradable.

I’m happy you’re not one “those guys”...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• This is an attempt to upload a video of my Slingshot. I tried it in the Gallery and it said it was the wrong file extension. If you see it, it worked this time. If you don't, why can't I upload .mp4 files? They are smaller than most.

Now that I hit the UPLOAD button, I see that no video file extensions are listed, yet the Gallery says you can upload video files. That sounds like some of the government crap I used to have to put up with.

Thanks for the tip from the post below. The link is now posted to the Gallery.

• This is an attempt to upload a video of my Slingshot. I tried it in the Gallery and it said it was the wrong file extension. If you see it, it worked this time. If you don't, why can't I upload .mp4 files? They are smaller than most.

Now that I hit the UPLOAD button, I see that no video file extensions are listed, yet the Gallery says you can upload video files. That sounds like some of the government crap I used to have to put up with.

Thanks for the tip from the post below. The link is now posted to the Gallery.

For short videos, converting to an animated GIF allows posting in a thread, but any sound will be lost in the conversion. Animated GIFs are usually relatively small in size and typically allow reduced resolutions and frame rates to keep file sizes small.

I've used https://ezgif.com/ and https://file-converter-online.com/. I found, but haven't yet tried https://www.freeconvert.com/. Some online file converter sites require a login, but I prefer free sites that don't require establishing an account.