• This is my second Slingshot. I had a 2015 and traded it on a sidecar rig. That didn't last long and now I have a 2020 model R. As for my user name, I am a retired Fed. I'll let you figure out the rest. I do have one quick question and I hope I am not duplicating anyone. Since it doesn't take long to get to the 500 mile first oil change, I am looking for an oil filter that matches the specs to the Polaris filter. Since this is a new engine, I can't find any info on oil filter vendor sites for an equal and cheaper filter. Anyone been there yet?

• I use the K & N filter, I just might have brain fade but I think it is the PS-7000 and I have been buying on Amazon or E-Bay from $4.50 to about $5.50 each. I normally buy around 10 each at a time, 3 vehicles to take care of. Even they are up to $14 each some places. Mobil 1 5W-30 on the Walmart web site is cheaper than the store price. Special pricing on 3 pk. and the 6 pk.

• I use the K & N filter, I just might have brain fade but I think it is the PS-7000 and I have been buying on Amazon or E-Bay from $4.50 to about $5.50 each. I normally buy around 10 each at a time, 3 vehicles to take care of. Even they are up to $14 each some places. Mobil 1 5W-30 on the Walmart web site is cheaper than the store price. Special pricing on 3 pk. and the 6 pk.

FunCycle does the new motor he has in his 2020 R use the same filter as our older models?

I would be very surprised if this were the case

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• FunCycle does the new motor he has in his 2020 R use the same filter as our older models?

I would be very surprised if this were the case

It is NOT the same! New motor, new filter.....On the parts listing it says "contact dealer". I know I saw a post somewhere about an aftermarket filter. I'll look around.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Haven't seen any posting from others on this subject.

Pretty sure there's a filter out there somewhere that will fit the build. It would probably be built for specs of oil requirement and size.

And hopefully this doesn't rub someone the wrong way...

Very much interested in the 2020 model, manual shift only...

But, relying more on Polaris for their proprietary shit is harder to digest.

As if owning a Slingshot from 2015 and suffering through one or two recalls each year wasn't enough. Throw in the requirements of Digital Wrench rather than OBII

...and hello dealer.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• And there are fewer dealers every year!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Haven’t had any luck finding an aftermarket filter yet...

Give it time - can about guarantee the manufacturers, such as K&N, will come out with one.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I must agree that one of the things I dont like about the new slingshots is the propriety polaris motor

I have always found some comfort in the knowledge that should the need arise there are literally thousands of qualified mechanics who have worked extensively on the old GM 2.4 motor in my slingshot and a parts supply chain that for many parts even reaches deep into the wrecking yards

with this new polaris motor - - how many trained experienced mechanics will there be? and if down the road slingshot production is stopped - - - then what? a drying up pool of trained mechanics and a parts supply that slowly gets thinner and thinner and prices with no way to go but up

There is allot I really like about the new 2020 - seems more refined and very much a sexy step up, but despite that I would rather stay right where I am with my 2016 - - - seems like the better bet to stick with the ride I know and love than to let the excitement of some new young thing make me throw it all away 8o

• For those of you that have been around for a while, how about starting a new thread about the 2020 models? With the new engine and other design features, maybe we could pool information on the 2020 models in one thread. Info on things like a replacement for the Polaris brand oil filter and info on the FOB and other stuff as more 20 models are bought.

I ordered an extra FOB since they only give you one with the purchase. Now, I am wondering if there is some kind of programming of the FOB for each Slingshot. Otherwise, anyone could buy a FOB and use it to steal any 20 Slingshot. I have a question sent to Polaris and am waiting for an answer and will post it when I get it. Also, is there any kind of visual or audio indication when you press the lock button on the FOB? If there is, I haven't seen or heard it.

So, can any of you use this post to start a new thread on the 2020 models?

• For those of you that have been around for a while, how about starting a new thread about the 2020 models? With the new engine and other design features, maybe we could pool information on the 2020 models in one thread. Info on things like a replacement for the Polaris brand oil filter and info on the FOB and other stuff as more 20 models are bought.

I ordered an extra FOB since they only give you one with the purchase. Now, I am wondering if there is some kind of programming of the FOB for each Slingshot. Otherwise, anyone could buy a FOB and use it to steal any 20 Slingshot. I have a question sent to Polaris and am waiting for an answer and will post it when I get it. Also, is there any kind of visual or audio indication when you press the lock button on the FOB? If there is, I haven't seen or heard it.

Think about it SlingSpook and start your threads. It does not have to be just one. It could be BODY, Engine and drive train, and anything else

Actually I think when / if you find a non polaris oil filter that fits it would be good to start a thread with the part number or car that it also fits - - having a thread with the non polaris service parts would be something all of the new slingshot owners could use

I think it a safe bet that the filters are not exclusive to polaris and I also think its a safe bet that they can be had for less $$$

• sure thing, I will get those part numbers in the morning that we are using on our 2020 Slingshot.

Start a thread kind of like "Everything for the 2020 Slingshot"

New thread for 2020 Slingshots with the ProStar engine has been created. Please post info here:

The 2020 Slingshot Thread

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014