The 2020 Slingshot Thread

• This thread is dedicated to specialized information about 2020 Slingshots. The engine is different with the new ProStar 2.0.

Post information you find/learn here, such as aftermarket part numbers, etc.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Just got our 2020 R a few days ago. Enjoying it but have a few problems to work out

* Dealer took it to get gas before delivery and something happened w keyfob and they said it kicked the CEL on. Said it's fine to drive but they can't clear it without some tool that should be in this week. Ok fine ... CEL has since turned off ... However ...

* Chassis Warning (AWL) turns on/off while driving. Code is not in the 2019 manual and 2020 isn't available yet so guess we wait to see what that code is when the tool arrives

* Without tool, can't set master code or personal PIN to start the sling w/o key

* Alarm not working ... Press keyfob and nothing happens. This is something others are experiencing too - might be related to pin codes or needs a flash at the dealer

* Manual states that driver screen has backlight color and brightness settings ... Several of us have confirmed color option but no brightness

• I’m sure the “tool” the dealer is waiting for is Digital Wrench software designed specifically for the new engines.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• For the screen brightness adjustment, bring up the screen that shows All Settings. This should show the pic of the Slingshot. Go to the top center logo on that screen and touch it. That should take you to the brightness adjustment screen, which is probably set to Auto. You will also notice the choice of modes, that duplicates the red button on your steering wheel. I hope this translation from my notes taken in the garage translated properly.

• For the screen brightness adjustment, bring up the screen that shows All Settings. This should show the pic of the Slingshot. Go to the top center logo on that screen and touch it. That should take you to the brightness adjustment screen, which is probably set to Auto. You will also notice the choice of modes, that duplicates the red button on your steering wheel. I hope this translation from my notes taken in the garage translated properly.

That does the brightness of the center display not the driver display. I tried ... Turned it off Auto to see if that would trigger a Brightness setting on the driver display and it doesn't.

Although probably a good tip for those who don't know, whatever mode you left it in when you turned it off will be the mode it's still in when turned on again

• For the oil filter, these are the 2 that we have tried on our 2020 Slingshot since we could not get the OEM Polaris oil filter when we did our oil change.

The first oil filter, Purolator L10241 is from a lot of different vehicles, but you can cross reference a 2006-2015 Mazda Miata with 2.0L engine for other filter brands. This oil filter is basically the same height/diameter as the stock 2020 Slingshot oil filter -

The second filter we tried was a Purolator L20195, you can cross reference a 2008-2015 Mazda CX-9 with the 3.7L engine for it. It is the same diameter as the OEM, but a little longer and offers more filter area. It still clears the frame and is the one we will be using longterm on our engine most likely.

Both of these oil filters have an anti-drain back valve and have a relief valve of 12-15psi, although we are using these on our Slingshot, these are not OEM Polaris oil filters and use at your own risk.

• I just double checked my instruction of the screen brightness setting and on my 2020 model R, the control does the center and driver display at the same time and level. Go back and watch your driver display while you move the brightness from one extreme to another. You should be able to see them both change. If not, yours is different than mine.

New Item: For those of you ordering parts online from Polaris, be prepared for unusual shipments. I ordered a second FOB and it arrived in a large box filled with those large plastic bubbles when it could have been shipped in a padded envelope. My second order just arrived today was for the oil filter mentioned earlier. It was the correct part number but the box said it was made in the US. On the filter it said it was made in Mexico. Also, in the same box the filter arrived in were 3 boxes of spark plugs that contained 4 plugs in each box. I did not order these and was not charged for them. I just sent a note to Polaris telling them about the filter label and spark plugs and suggesed that they review the qualifications of their warehouse and packing staff. I am waiting to see if they will pay to have their spark plugs shipped back. Somebody in the packing department may be in trouble.

• Thanks Dave@DDMWorks for filling in the info. Have you got the tuning info on your site yet?

Working on doing the performance runs on our Slingshot this week and shooting some video to show the difference, then we will get them on the site :) Also, need to make up the directions to remove the ECM, it is a little harder than the 1st gens to get out of there. The sound though of the tuned engine is awesome :evil:

• Working on doing the performance runs on our Slingshot this week and shooting some video to show the difference, then we will get them on the site :) Also, need to make up the directions to remove the ECM, it is a little harder than the 1st gens to get out of there. The sound though of the tuned engine is awesome :evil:

Tune for the SL to bring to R-ish level? Tune for the R as well?

• I just double checked my instruction of the screen brightness setting and on my 2020 model R, the control does the center and driver display at the same time and level. Go back and watch your driver display while you move the brightness from one extreme to another. You should be able to see them both change. If not, yours is different than mine.

ok so that I didn't check, just turned off auto and checked if the Brightness option was there as per the manual ... I'm heading out for a night ride soon so I'll check and edit w findings

Confirmed ... The center adjustment does both. So the manual is currently wrong

• It looks like getting some parts is taking a while. I bought mine in early Aug. with the options to be installed later after being ordered. I checked today and they are still waiting on the rear fender and roof (slingshade). They are on backorder and won't be in until early Sept. Since I live a 3 hour drive away from the dealer, I told them I would wait until all options come in before installing them all. It's a good thing I am planning to do my own oil change or I would be way over due for the 500 mile one.

• It looks like getting some parts is taking a while. I bought mine in early Aug. with the options to be installed later after being ordered. I checked today and they are still waiting on the rear fender and roof (slingshade). They are on backorder and won't be in until early Sept. Since I live a 3 hour drive away from the dealer, I told them I would wait until all options come in before installing them all. It's a good thing I am planning to do my own oil change or I would be way over due for the 500 mile one.

For warrantee reasons you may want to have the first 'oil change' done by a dealer? I'm not big on extended warrantee's but did get one on the Slingshot and it was a good move. The price on these is up to the dealer. One of the vendor dealers offer's them for a discount of 20%.

• Dealer got the tool in today to program my PIN and check out this Chassis Warning Light (Apt on Friday) ... While waiting to pick the kid up from MMA training I took a peek at the Diagnostic screen ... Perhaps this could be it

• These luggage racks are compatible with the 2020 Slingshots which have the same roll hoops as the 2017-19 units. $325 shipped to the lower 48 including all necessary hardware for an easy no-cut, no-drill install. They are not compatible with the Slingshade without major modification.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)