Clicking noise coming from the front, both sides, getting louder

• well I talked to Dave at DDM Works and he said it would be better to cut off the outside hole on both ends of the sway bar. I wanted to use the inner holes anyway so tomorrow taking it to a metal fab place so he can cut and round the ends.

So I have the slingshot front end of jacks right now and turning the wheels left and right makes zero clicking noise. So it’s only when the wheels are on the ground. Only a tiny bit of play in the wheels so I don’t think it’s ball joints. This one is such a mystery.

• well I talked to Dave at DDM Works and he said it would be better to cut off the outside hole on both ends of the sway bar. I wanted to use the inner holes anyway so tomorrow taking it to a metal fab place so he can cut and round the ends.

So I have the slingshot front end of jacks right now and turning the wheels left and right makes zero clicking noise. So it’s only when the wheels are on the ground. Only a tiny bit of play in the wheels so I don’t think it’s ball joints. This one is such a mystery.

when you make a turn does the steering wheel jerk at all?

• Sway bar/end links eliminate as the clicking problem. Here is a short video of it - both front wheels do it when turning.

Tie rod ends? Ball joints? I did notice when jacked up both wheels had a little bit of inward play when I pushed on them with my legs. Lug nuts are all tight.

YouTube video of clicking noise

Sounds like it could be tie rod ends since the noise coincides with you changing direction.

I had the rack replaced under warranty due to inner tie rod ends being bad. I noticed mine the most on gravel and it was more of a rattle. If there is play in the wheel when lifted you need to find out where the play is.

Look closely at outer tie rod and where it goes into rack. Hope you figure it out soon as you've had enough problems already.

• Jack up under lower control arms, that unloads front end and any issues will show up by grabbing top and bottom of wheel and shaking up and down.

The old Ford Mustang you had to put a piece of wood under upper control arm before jacking up.

I used to do a lot of front end alignments.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• So their guess is upper ball joints, because the oversized tires/wheels put stress on the crap stock stuff...

After repairing that, if it's still there then it's tie rods ends.

Not sure if i really want to repair a bunch of things chasing the real problem................

• So their guess is upper ball joints, because the oversized tires/wheels put stress on the crap stock stuff...

After repairing that, if it's still there then it's tie rods ends.

Not sure if i really want to repair a bunch of things chasing the real problem................

when you aren’t a good mechanic that’s the way they repair things......and they won’t take anything off If it didn’t fix the problem....the bill just gets bigger....

• Dealership is stumped, says upper ball joints *will* need replacing but not just yet, and tie rod ends are good.

Then I got to thinking, what if it's the Lexani wheels? They are either 4 or 5 piece wheels and this is my first season with them. They are the common denominator at this point, and not stock parts.

Did a youtube search, and found this and would like to know what you all think, if this could possibly be the problem on mine??

• So I changed my oil this morning and while it was jacked up, I cleaned the left wheel as recommended in that video. Clicking is gone in that wheel.

I'm going to contact Lexani and ask them if they have had this in their wheels in the past. So at least I know I don't have to go through a bunch of unneeded repairs.

• ^^^^^

Yep...

if I bought wheels and they made this kind of noise I would be very angry and would never buy that brand again - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies