Clicking noise coming from the front, both sides, getting louder

• I have a noticeable clicking sound coming from the front. Turn the steering wheel right, the ticking sound is on the left. Turn the steering wheel left, the ticking sound is on the right. It’s like a tick-tick-tick then stops until I turn a different way.

In the garage today, I could hear it when just starting to roll back. Put it back into park, got out, and pushed hard on the front wheels with my foot. CLICK.

Any ideas? Dealership says to bring it down so they can hear it tomorrow. But it would help if I had some possible insight to give to them.

Thanks as always!

• could be steering rack. When you turn the wheel does the steering wheel jerk slightly? When you drive and make a turn...I didn’t notice mine acting up but the mechanic noticed it right away....they changed it under warranty...pretty sure it was a recall thing...

• How about anything to do with the sway bar?

only if it’s loose.

Jack it up and see if anything is loose or makes the noise when you turn the wheel or spin the wheels

also, check the coil overs if they are stock, Dave@DDMWorks found this on a rear coil over

• Noise out back

Here is a link to the thread I posted with a similar issue.

I will be following this thread closely. I have something very very similar going on but mine is from the rear. Please update as you get it resolved. We are all in this together that is for sure.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• OK I knew I wasn't losing my mind. At first I thought it was from the rear. Then in the garage just rolling it, it was the front. Test drive today it's definitely front AND rear, but more often in the front. It's ALWAYS in the front when I am turning, but the same kind of click comes from the back when I go into my driveway which is a bump then immediately has an incline.

I'm thinking, what's in the back as well as the front? My air ride bags? I just had all the hoses replaced since the air ride blew recently, but the clicking has been going on since before that.

Dealer this morning is not sure exactly what is making the noise but noticed the sway bar supports are totally bent. That damage might have happened (not sure) when my air ride blew a few weeks ago and I had no choice but to move the slingshot bottomed out to get it out of the road.

So as long as those supports need to be replaced, I might as well upgrade to the DDM sway bar and bushings and have the dealership put it all in. But I'm not confident that's going to change the clicking noise but I guess one thing at a time.

I'm about to bring my iPad into the garage and review all the above responses and check everything suggested.

• I highly recommend you get the DDM sway bar mounts to go with the sway bar - when I first changed out my stock sway bar and used the stock mounts it made horrible noises every time the suspension moved - the solid hard plastic bushings in the stock mounts get worn and dont hold the sway bar snugly this lets it move and make noise the fact the bushings are hard plastic help transmit the noise and makes it even louder - - only went about a week and I had enough and ordered the DDM mounts and they worked wonders, got rid of all the clicks, clunks, and creaks and made things much nicer

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• buy the sway bar stops too.

• I had the hood open today and pushed on the front tire. heard the click right at the bent sway bar support (but that is also right next to the air bag). Hard to nail this down. We will see if the noise remains after I replace the sway bar.

I ordered these items:

DDMWorks Upgraded Adjustable Sway Bar for the Polaris Slingshot Silver

DDMWorks Sway Bar Mounting Brackets for the Polaris Slingshot (Pair) Silver

DDMWorks Adjustable Sway Bar End Links for the Polaris Slingshot (Pair) Black

• buy the sway bar stops too.

the DDM sway bar now has the stops built in - no need to buy them

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Had the click/pop turning left, right, and backing up.

Upper ball joints were bad at 18,000 miles.

This vid is a bit extreme case, but the check proceedure works. Looking for movement...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• studiopeg like DER said with air ride you need to shim the sway bar at the mounts. Without it sway bar will rub and eventually rub a hole in your air bag/s. My plate is 1/2" thick, should be at least 1/4", doesn't take much.

I'd send ya a pic but for whatever reason my new phone won't send it to my computer. I'll send it to DER maybe he can post it.