Toyo 345/30/20 can not find

• Thanks for all the pictures and info. I run 28psi on all the 5 rears I have went through if I dont I always seem to wear the center. I am thinking for peace of mind I may purchase a small spacer. Time to do some more searching.

They sell both 3 and 5 mm spacers. I like you was skeptical so I had a 5mm spacer ready but didn't need it. With QA 1 shocks I have about a 1/4 inch clearance on both shock and swingarm with stock offset on 12" wheel. Hope this helps. 😁

• They sell both 3 and 5 mm spacers. I like you was skeptical so I had a 5mm spacer ready but didn't need it. With QA 1 shocks I have about a 1/4 inch clearance on both shock and swingarm with stock offset on 12" wheel. Hope this helps. 😁

Well in my brain it dont pan out even though everyone says it will work. The difference between the 305 and the 345 is a little over 1 1/2 inches. I have 3/4 gap now. So to me it is gonna hit. I think I will just for peace of mind have the 5mm spacer on hand. Have drove myself nuts over this way over researched.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I have a 2015 ase model Slingshot and iIt's all too easy to spend a lot of time when searching for different tire/wheel combinations, especially if you're like me and hoping to go to a wider wheel/tire combo on the rear for as little money as possible. The biggest problem s finding a wheel with the appropriate offset. I finally found an American Muscle 10th Anniversary (Mustang) Cobra style 17x10.5" wheel with a 28mm offset that allows me to mount a 315/35ZR17 tire which allows the speedometer to read pretty true and a Circuit Performance CP32 18x10.5" 35mm offset tire that allows me to run a 305/30ZR18 tire. The 17" setup shifts the rear tire/wheel combo about 30mm to the left and the 18" setup shifts the tire/combo about 23mm to the left. I prefer the 17" setup since the 35 profile tire gives a better ride and I found the 30 profile tire to be a PITA to get mounted on the wheel.

I think the Mustang wheel looks reasonably close to my Base wheel spoke pattern and am thinking about getting that wheel powder-coated to match the stock wheels or have the stock wheels and that wheel powder-coated to the same color if I can't match the stock Base color.

• I'm bumping this thread, cuz I'm considering new wheels and tires( Thanks DER ) over the Winter. So a couple redundant questions.....

Going to a 12" rear rim with a 345/25-20 tire.

So the stock offset works with this as DER has explained to me.

42mm front, 45mm rear is the stock offset? Also, very few tire options available in this size. Found 2 Pirelli's, one twice the price of the other. Then a Lexani as well.

There are also some weird name tires I think I'll pass on.

Any others I should consider??

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• You've got the offsets correct. It doesn't matter what width you're looking at the offset on the rear needs to stay with stock offset to be centered. The front is a little more forgiving. As for the tires I've got one more toyo for next year and then I'll be looking also. I know people running the lexani in a 305 that are happy with it so unless something new comes up before then I'll be looking at lexani

Disclaimer:

I know people that are happy with Nitto 🤔

• The type of driving one does makes more of a difference in tire performance than any thing else.

You have that right EjFord! Some people just look at their Sling's in the garage and then bragg on the tires and then when they do take it out the garage all they do is cruise at low speed. DID I GET some attention? GOOD!

• Connman, I used a Toyo Proxes T1R 345/25/20 tire on the rear of my Slingshot. If you check the tire specs, this one is the closest tire height to the stock Kenda while getting you the 345 MM tread depth. It never set a code for mismatched tire diameter. They were not cheap, but the are not WICKED Expensive either. You can find them for about $300 each. The way you drive, it should safely get you 6,000 miles per tire. That's like a nickle a mile. Why buy a Chinese made POS just to save yourself a PENNY?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I missed the first line that you're considering new tires over the winter. This might be your best bet for you AND Shtamn since you do live in the snow belt. It does have good traction lol

• Here's the Toyo 345/25/20 on a modified stock Slingshot rear wheel. The inside (right side) of the tire clears the adjusting nut on the QA-1 shock when driven sanely at stock air pressure. When the air pressure drops to 24 psi or so and it's driven to the max in Maggie Valley, you notice the slight rub. Tire clearance to the swing-arm wasn't an issue, but I have no clearer pics to support that statement

• Here's the Toyo 345/25/20 on a modified stock Slingshot rear wheel. The inside (right side) of the tire clears the adjusting nut on the QA-1 shock when driven sanely at stock air pressure. When the air pressure drops to 24 psi or so and it's driven to the max in Maggie Valley, you notice the slight rub. Tire clearance to the swing-arm wasn't an issue, but I have no clearer pics to support that statement

I wasn't taking issue with your tire/wheel combo. I was merely pointing out that going much beyond the sizes referenced will need a reduced Offset to avoid contact.

• I have run a 17x10.5 Mustang wheel with 28mm Offset from American Muscle with a Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire that shifts the center of the wheel about 1.5" to the left while leaving the right side of the wheel in just about the same location the stock 18x9.5" wheel sits.wheel about. In about 10,000 miles of riding, I've never noticed any handling problems. Of course, this is just anecdotal reporting and I certainly can't guarantee that someone else would never experience handling or safety issues. I've also used a CP32 18x10.5" wheel with 35mm Offset with an Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30ZR18 tire. I've run close to 10,000 mils on that combo, also w/o noticing any problems.

• My two cents worth on this. Not sure what kind of roads you’re riding on however I will be looking for tires next time that have no rain grooves. The highways here in California are all grooved and the rain grooves in the tires try to run with it and it can make for a rather Squirrley ride sometimes.

Getting on the blacktop backroads is such a pleasure but the freeways not so much.

I ran Metzler 888 on my motorcycles just for that reason

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎