Some Funny Comics I recently received in emails

• Not in my house! My Wife is Filipino, and she firmly believes that the house needs to be fully stocked with all of the essentials like rice and fruits and vegetables and meat and everything else we can think of before New Years day. And on New Years Day itself no money can be spent - - - traditions she grew up with say that if your home is not properly stocked to start the new year you will be wanting all year long, and if you spend money on New Years day then money will be going out all year long.

yep - if its not in the house today and we want it, it will have to wait until tomorrow - - - just to be safe yesterday when we were getting the few things we were short of I made sure to put extra steaks and my favorite Chocolate Moose Tracks Ice Cream in the cart - - - sure wouldn't want to jinx our annual supply line of these essential items

and if by some chance I do find some mod I want/need it will have to sit in the cart until tomorrow

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I do my absolute best to NOT buy from amazon.

I absolutely hate that POS company, and the POS that owns it.

Okay, but what about the over 500,000 small and medium size businesses who sell their products on Amazon?

You do realize that by boycotting Amazon you are also boycotting them

Seems a bit short sighted to me that someone would be willing to potentially hurt all of those small and medium businesses just because one guy is a "POS"

Seriously, the few items you don't buy won't even be noticed or felt by Bezos, but they could make a huge difference to the owners of the small businesses that actually make them - - - Just something to think about, Boycotts are almost never felt by the people at the top that you disagree with, but they are always felt by the workers

• I also try to but local first. I'll give a look or two and if no luck will go amazon. Lately with the supply chain issues many local shelves are empty. Just today I tried to find navy blue or midnight blue paint for plastic in a semi-gloss or statin finish. First checked Lowes & Home Depot and an online search. No luck local. So I did the amazon thing.

• Okay, but what about the over 500,000 small and medium size businesses who sell their products on Amazon?

First, I try to buy LOCAL from a small business,

Second I try to buy direct from the manufacturer or authorized supplier or distributor.

then I will go to eBay to see if THOSE small business owners sell what I need, because eBay doesn't charge the outrageous fees to those business owners that Amazon charges. And I do my best to make sure I am buying from a US based business, not some chinese business.

Then I will finally shop the big box stores.

Amazon is my last choice.

As far as hurting the amazon small businesses, if you choose to base your own business model on another business, and you choose to associate with that business, then your business suffers when that business does, says or acts in a unethical way or what not. Thats not on me, thats on them.

I started my business the hard way.

Saw a need, found a way to fulfill that need, developed a website to market that product, built up relationships with customers for that product, worked out shipping solutions and payment solutions,

I DID THAT..... Not another company, ME.

I am the one that put in the effort, the 20 hour work days, not someone else like Amazon.

So @#$% Amazon.

• First, I try to buy LOCAL from a small business,

I see this mentioned all the time. If my local business sells on Amazon, Walmart or what ever who am I hurting by buying from the small business no matter where they are selling from. If that business is choosing to sell from Amazon regardless of the fees that is their model and I will support it. It is like going to the App store or the Android store...guess who is making a bunch of money just for having the platform to sell Apps.... EBay has become a joke...I have a good friend that sells a lot on Ebay... She shops thrift stores and in the most extreme example purchased an item for 6 dollars that sold on Ebay for 230 dollars. I know... Caveat Emptor.

I have seen posts that say they will not shop at Walmart for anything... even if it is the same product. Example.. Mobile1 oil... Same exact product but will not buy it from Walmart.

Here is an example of why I shop "around". I know that these are both big stores, but Walmart sells Lactaid milk for 2 dollars less per container than Safeway does... Why should I pay the same price for a product when that difference is only going to the seller and not the manufacturer.

I try to support local small business as much as I can but there are sometimes it is just not economically practical. Again I will use the oil example... my local small business shop (yes I realize he probably does not get the discount a Walmart gets) sells 1 qt 5w30 Mobil1 Oil for 14.99 and Wally world sells it for 8.00.. so I cannot buy from the small guy in this scenario.. Within reason I will always pay more for a local guy, but not almost double.

It is like going to the dealer for a part or accessory for my Sling.. and they say we can order it for you... Honestly, I can order it myself. Do I believe that the big box wether they are local or online hurt small businesses ... I am sure they do but the SERVICES that most small businesses provide, at least that I am looking for cannot be purchased at Amazon, Walmart or Ebay.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• When I think of boycotts I always think of the ignorant snow flakes who wanted to boycott Goya Foods because the owner of the company supported Donald Trump - - - does anyone really think that this would even hurt Robert Unanue one little bit? - - of course it wouldn't with a net worth of over a billion dollars his income is probably tied more to his investments than it is into the daily profits Goya Foods

On the other hand - all of the people employed by the company and all of the people who sell the products from the local small food market down to the labors in the fields and everyone who lays one finger on the products involved - - they are the only ones getting hurt.

Like I said above - our neighbors and friends and their families - - - - they are the only ones hurt by boycotts - - - so if you are saying F Goya foods or F amazon and not buying from the then in reality you are saying F you to your neighbors and friends - - - the guy who stocks the shelves at an amazon warhorse the guy who picks the beans, the guy who drives the UPS truck, the Fedex truck, the guy who got the part time job delivering Christmas gifts shipped by Amazon, even the people who make the parts for the products or provide the materials.

yep - - -thats who people who boycott are really hurting - - - ant that's the problem with people who boycott - - they dont understand its always the little people who get hurt - - people who may not even seem to be directly connected with amazon or Goya.

yep - there is no difference people who boycotted Goya and all other boycotters are all the same - - - - they don't think, they act on their emotions and dont care who they hurt - - and its never who they want to hurt

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().