The type of people we have on this forum.

• Went on an epic ride today in Maggie Valley. Great times. Really good riding. Thanks FunCycle for having the vision to put it together. Fast forward. On the way home Slingshot broke down. I did what I do every time something goes wrong in my Slingshot world. I called MACAWS. As always, Mitch was right there to help. He called Dave@DDMWorks and paved the way for me to call. I then called rabtech (who was out in the heat after riding all morning). He took the time and patience to trouble shoot it over the phone with me and let's face it, I'm no mechanic, it took awhile. I was 2 and a half hours from home but 30 minutes from where we were riding. Ghost called and said we'll bring the trailer, pick you up and take you home. That was a five hour round trip for them after they (Tim and Shirl) had been riding in their Sling all day. Of course Tim and Shirl would not take any money for fuel. These people were on their vacation and took them time to tow me from Maggie Valley to Bristol after a long day of riding. I will have to say as much fun as the riding in Maggie Valley was, the highlight of my trip was the windshield time and conversation with Tim and Shirl on the ride back trailering the Slingshot. Tim made a two hour trip seem like two minutes. This is just on snapshot in time of the kindness and generosity that pours out of this forum that I am so happy to be a part of. Bobby you put this forum together and brought us all together. For that I thank you. To cap it off this was the picture on the way home.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• No problem at all Tim. Just glad that we were in a position to help as I am sure any of the rest of the Slingers would. Really sorry for the issues with the Sling but hopefully posting all the details here will help the next person that runs into this problem.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Now to thank Heavenboundx4 and his beautiful wife for their thoughtfulness and generosity. After we left to go rescue Tim we assumed the rest of the group would head out for dinner and then turn it. After all it would be pushing 10:00 pm by the time we would return.

When we got back Eric and Swee were not just up waiting on us but ordered pizza and wings delivered to the motel. At 11:00 we were sitting around on the porch at the motel eating and laughing and carrying on like teenagers. Guess what they say about Slings turning adults into teenagers is true!

Thanks a million Eric and Swee!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have been (and still am) a member of a couple car forums over the years. Without a doubt this forum is the one with the friendliest, helpful guys out there. It really feels like a true community in here where everyone gets treated like a friend they’ve known for years. Really an amazing community.

• Went on an epic ride today in Maggie Valley. Great times. Really good riding. Thanks FunCycle for having the vision to put it together. Fast forward. On the way home Slingshot broke down. I did what I do every time something goes wrong in my Slingshot world. I called MACAWS. As always, Mitch was right there to help. He called Dave@DDMWorks and paved the way for me to call. I then called rabtech (who was out in the heat after riding all morning). He took the time and patience to trouble shoot it over the phone with me and let's face it, I'm no mechanic, it took awhile. I was 2 and a half hours from home but 30 minutes from where we were riding. Ghost called and said we'll bring the trailer, pick you up and take you home. That was a five hour round trip for them after they (Tim and Shirl) had been riding in their Sling all day. Of course Tim and Shirl would not take any money for fuel. These people were on their vacation and took them time to tow me from Maggie Valley to Bristol after a long day of riding. I will have to say as much fun as the riding in Maggie Valley was, the highlight of my trip was the windshield time and conversation with Tim and Shirl on the ride back trailering the Slingshot. Tim made a two hour trip seem like two minutes. This is just on snapshot in time of the kindness and generosity that pours out of this forum that I am so happy to be a part of. Bobby you put this forum together and brought us all together. For that I thank you. To cap it off this was the picture on the way home.

Hopefully the Sling wasn't laying on its side when you took that pic ;) Glad you made it home and you're right about The Slingers on this forum being a nice bunch of folks.

• I have been (and still am) a member of a couple car forums over the years. Without a doubt this forum is the one with the friendliest, helpful guys out there. It really feels like a true community in here where everyone gets treated like a friend they’ve known for years. Really an amazing community.

And now you are part of it !!!!!!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Now to thank Heavenboundx4 and his beautiful wife for their thoughtfulness and generosity. After we left to go rescue Tim we assumed the rest of the group would head out for dinner and then turn it. After all it would be pushing 10:00 pm by the time we would return.

When we got back Eric and Swee were not just up waiting on us but ordered pizza and wings delivered to the motel. At 11:00 we were sitting around on the porch at the motel eating and laughing and carrying on like teenagers. Guess what they say about Slings turning adults into teenagers is true!

Thanks a million Eric and Swee!

Thank you Tim. You and Shirl are most definitely family and it was great to see Gerald, Bobby and the new improved Tim. We Enjoyed the runs that we did and looking forward to many more with you and the crew.

• Thank you Tim. You and Shirl are most definitely family and it was great to see Gerald, Bobby and the new improved Tim. We Enjoyed the runs that we did and looking forward to many more with you and the crew.

You folks should come over one weekend and ride. There is a ton of places here with near zero traffic.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!